Reviews for Sarah Versus The Darkness
berksboy chapter 1 . 7/11
I think the main problem with this was simply 'Chucks hair" I mean, what was going on there (latter part of season 2, may be she should have shot his stylist as well), at least something good came out of the start of season 3, I preferred his hair cut.

All serious now, that was a good well written story, pleased the feelings being revealed for the reason to do it, I understand canon couldn't do it that soon, I remember the discussions on-line after the air date of the episode and how people had different opinions of what was basically an execution, I didn't have a problem with it, actually, I didn't give it a thought until I was reading all these articles, we all knew why she done it and it wasn't just a professional decision but personal and she was right to do it and not regret it, would Casey have done it? 50/50 on that.

Thank you for writing this, I hope others enjoy it as much as I did. :)
Zettel chapter 1 . 12/22/2017
Such a graceful and lovely story. Re-reads better than it read the first time. "Exasperating stasis" is a terrific phrase, given what it describes.
Deathzbreath chapter 1 . 10/22/2017
This was so better handled then how they did in the show. Nice one shot thank you for writing.
jpwood chapter 1 . 8/21/2017
this story was great, it is a shame the show couldn't go this deep, but they have to make it last lol
j.santacruz98 chapter 1 . 1/21/2017
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I really found it heart warming and wish they had done something like this on the show instead of Chucks nightmare scene
n7agentbartowski chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
Wow, quite a oneshot you have here. First of all, I'm rather interested to know why you went with a first person, present tense point of view. It's a very unique way to write and hard to pull of. It's not my personal taste, but you did it well here, I think. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

As for the content: I think you have a very insightful view of Sarah. In the show, we are led to believe that she was comfortable with killing, even sometimes in cold blood if necessary. But byt this point, where your fic pics up, she's been very much changed by Chuck so it makes sense it would plague her concious a bit more.

Lots of dialogue, which is definitely tricky to pull off, especially for a secretive character like Sarah, but again, you did it with poise and prowess. I found Chuck to be very in character, from his words the little actions you described. Lovely!

The ending was particularly sweet. I really adored the way it ended so innocently. Just them cuddled together, very fitting for the nature of their relationship.

I appreciate any other that takes the time to delve into what canon didn't and you have a wonderful take on the situation here. Great work! I really do look forward to more from you. I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever you come up with next!
Grayroc chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
Great story. I'm really glad you tackled this. The resolution of this issue by the show's writers
was cryptic and very unsatisfying.
True Love Lives Forever chapter 1 . 2/25/2016
Bravo! I loved your version of the post episode events much better than the writers handled it. Thanks!
Rob M chapter 1 . 2/24/2016
I like this..a lot. It really was an enjoyable read and in a lot of ways it did work better than what we got on the show itself so I definitely think you accomplished your goal with it.

I do agree with Mark's comment though as far as Sarah and where her concerns would probably lie. Shooting someone in cold blood, even though the reasons behind the shooting are different and more personal, is probably something Sarahs come to terms with a long time ago...its a burden shes used to carrying by this point.
The real conflict shes facing, and where I think you handled the story very well, would be her fear of Chuck seeing that side of her...as well as her disliking the need to lie to him constantly...even though she does it, in part, to protect him from the nastier side of the spy life.

The only other thing that I had a small issue with was a few bits of dialogue, as I think Chuck would have more likely eased into that conversation rather than confront Sarah bluntly (i.e..."Sarah, what really happened to Mauser?" as opposed to "Sarah, I saw you kill him"), but thats just me.
On the opposite end though "How could I ever not want you" is 100% Chuck and a really great bit of fluff

Thanks for another enjoyable story...looking forward to next time
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Nicely done.

CaptMediocre
Shaquile O'Kneel chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Great story better than how the show did it, hope u do more.
atcDave chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Let me start with the obvious, Wow! That was terrific!

A few thoughts though about this vs canon. For starters, it was always obvious the show set out to run everything through Chuck. The show runners were less interested in Sarah; even to the point of saying I think they were far less interested in Sarah than most fans were.
Some of that just fits with the show format. As an action-comedy it is natural to spend more time with the goofy nerdy guy than the cool but stoic heroine.
But this gets to be a problem at times, like especially at the end of Santa Claus. How Sarah was going to deal with the aftermath of the shooting is simply far more interesting to me than what Chuck thought. Especially when, and I'm sorry if this offends, but I thought Chuck's reaction was just ridiculously overwrought. From Chuck's perspective I would THINK Sarah would have established enough goodwill for Chuck to give her every benefit of the doubt. I would think her lie is the FAR bigger issue from a trust perspective, but that is hardly deserving of the uber freak out we saw.
So although I think this really is a very strong episode and a fascinating situation our favorite characters find themselves in, it is almost undone by a silly ending. Thank you for an excellent resolution.
charahkids chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Wow, superlicious! At first, I didn't like the self narration, but it makes sense! Very heart warming and it shows what a good person Sarah really is! She's human with feelings and what she did, hurt her! She was so worried of how Chuck would look at her! But, true to Chuck's nature, he understands completely and he offers comfort and love! Sarah is safe in Chuck's arms! Awesome!

It would be great if you'd post another chapter or at least an epilogue! :D
tut1971 chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Let's get the criticism out of the way. I'm not a fan of first person narrative. Never have been. Okay, enough with the bad.

This was a beautifully written scene that should have been - in some form - seen in canon. As others have stated, it is one of the many glossed over or completely ignored important events. As much as I love the show, and it is my favorite ever, I can't believe how many times they well and truly dropped the ball. You are to be commended for fixing this one in the way you have.

Thank you and I look forward to your next story.
Marc Vun Kannon chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
A good story. A little OOC for Sarah, in the sense that I don't think she would be quite so affected by killing someone who was a threat to Chuck. While it should have been more difficult than usual, I'd expect her to take a 'Shouldn't have threatened my man' attitude about it. On the other hand, I can very easily see her being upset that Chuck will see her negatively, both for the act and the lie afterward.