Reviews for The XCOM Viper
Ekinar chapter 13 . 4/8
Nvm, this fic turned out to be unbearable to read
Ekinar chapter 11 . 4/8
As I note I know that this story has not been updated in years and I need to preface this with saying I have not read further than half of the next chapter, but chapters 10 through specifically are making me want to drop the story.

Why is the commander tactically brain damaged? Why is Puppy not allowed any equipment and is tied to supplies with a rope that she can't untie in a bad situation? Why is Hawkeye, who is supposedly a ranger, close ranged class, saying rangers use long range weapons, he himself uses a sniper, and is using it in a confined area? Why is most of the supposed best team so useless? Why is Hawkeye, who is apparently one of the two best operatives current XCOM has, 5 years after XCOM 2 plot starts, only a Corporal rank? Why are the two new soldiers, despite outranking him, taking command despite being out of the loop for 25 years, but are also saluting him like he is their superior? Why is Mercy reprimanded for saving her teammate's life?

Why is this supposed romance story playing out like a "Let's see how stupid the commander can be?!" Sitcom episode?

If the plot twist that comes later is that the Hierarch Mother worked with commander to create a stressful situation for his solders and see how they fare, then I am honestly immensely disappointed. Don't know which soldier would ever want to server a commander like that. Yet they are all like "I trust the commander, I have no autonomy, I move to grids, I shoot only when ordered". This isn't a fanfiction about unlikely romance set in XCOM universe, this is someone's disaster game of XCOM 1 and 2 in a text format.

Gonna read a bit more just because the out of combat parts of this fanfiction are decent to good.
Firestorm32 chapter 8 . 11/2/2023
Man, I hope the Commander and the Hierarch Mother become a thing. It would be the strangest yet most interesting pairing in this fanfic.
Liningcorn9 chapter 30 . 7/26/2022
Well fuck, this was a rollercoaster. Good job all an all, could of used some double checking here and there, but overall, you did well with the story!
BiazarKaiser chapter 22 . 2/20/2022
ah killed by the wife, hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn
MisteryMaster56 chapter 29 . 1/12/2022
At first I thought that this was an April fools chapter, then I was disappointed because the conclusion of her being a mole reminded me of an „Everything was a dream.“ ending.
But it turned out that I was wrong again as I realized all the tiny hints to this conclusion that you hidden in earlier chapters.

You’re a genius sir, this is probably the most well planned story I ever read and totally deserves the favorite I’m about to give it.
Thumbs up and stay awesome. You’re work is great!
MisteryMaster56 chapter 17 . 1/11/2022
That’s one way to cause a cliffhanger.

Why do I hate you for this while still loving it? XD
MisteryMaster56 chapter 11 . 1/10/2022
That ending was awesome. I didn’t see it coming at all…
Gibson1014 chapter 30 . 7/12/2021
So are we going to start getting into the DLC now?
Gibson1014 chapter 29 . 7/12/2021
Nah you got me their. Never thought it was her LOL
Gibson1014 chapter 26 . 7/12/2021
And this is what you get for being a dick to people all of a sudden. Like I said before Commander! Karma is a Bitch!
Gibson1014 chapter 25 . 7/12/2021
Commander done pissed off!
Gibson1014 chapter 22 . 7/12/2021
Awww sweet karma in action... it’s suck a bitch...
Gibson1014 chapter 20 . 7/12/2021
OMG Big Sis is terrifying XD
Gibson1014 chapter 19 . 7/12/2021
No, it’s not that commander :)
You just don’t like seeing what the Elders do to people when they don’t get what they want. You are nearly being a good guy.