Reviews for The Trapp Family
reisova chapter 3 . 1/2/2021
Nice
Denie1943 chapter 3 . 12/31/2020
Very nice. So sad that you didn't complete this lovely story. Thanks for sharing. Stay well!
patrickssong chapter 3 . 5/8/2016
I like the introduction of Tante Matilda into the mix. We get a glimpse into the Captain's past and find out a little bit more about his demeanor. I also like that Maria has a friend. I like that you have also added your own little touches and dialogue into the original film. It gives it something extra special and in some cases, humorous.

Keep writing! I am enjoying this story :)
patrickssong chapter 2 . 5/8/2016
This was done very, very well. I like the little extra injections of humour, such as the captain being glared at by Gretl. I also love the way you describe the villa as soon as Maria walks inside. We get an idea of how she would be feeling seeing the exquisite furnishings, all the signs of wealth and privilege.

Awesome chapter :)
Maria chapter 3 . 4/17/2016
Oh I do hope you update this soon! I love it!
patrickssong chapter 1 . 4/14/2016
Oh I love this! I love the way Maria and the Captain met - it sums up Maria's flightiness so very well! I like the way you merged the elements together so seamlessly.
charleybec chapter 3 . 4/2/2016
This was lovely, as always. You are such a clever thing weaving the different versions together so seamlessly! Great job!
Guest chapter 3 . 3/30/2016
Love this story! Just read all 3 chapters looking forward to read more
ClimbEv'ryMountain chapter 3 . 3/30/2016
Yes Maria you're doing it right. Oh, and Georg, do continue staring and gazing deeply into Maria's eyes? I assure you it's worth it. Love this story! I love the way you put Tante Matilda and all the others. It's nice to see them in a fresh new way. :) I hope you can update soon. :)
ClimbEv'ryMountain chapter 2 . 3/30/2016
It's so cute seeing the Trapp fammily in Maria's point-of-view oh my. This story is getting really enjoyableee I love it!
ClimbEv'ryMountain chapter 1 . 3/30/2016
Ooooh I like where this is going
lemacd chapter 3 . 3/30/2016
sorry to take so long to review. better late than never, i suppose.

one of the things i appreciate a lot about this story is that we get to have Matilda in the mix. I love that she's Matilda from the books but also Frau Schmidt from the movie. It's just so refreshing to have the parts of all the sources that I love brought together. Great job.
gothicbutterfly95 chapter 3 . 3/27/2016
So much depth in this story. The events are all very similar to the film, but by adding the layer of reality, it's quite different, particularly in how it comes out, like how Friedrich and Brigitta tell Maria they don't play.
Tante Matilda taking on Frau Schmidt's role and telling Maria all about the family was especially touching, and the ties to reality only made it more so.
And I loved that Maria found a loophole in getting playclothes for the chidren
augiesannie chapter 3 . 3/27/2016
at the risk of repeating myself, it is nothing short of genius how you are combining the real life/book Georg with the movie Georg, so that we see both the strict disciplinarian and the loving softy, and they work well together. The backstory created here works so perfectly! I always adore life-behind-the-scenes-at-the-villa, also. Thank you SO much for this, I can tell it's a lot of work but it is paying off for this devoted fan!
bloomandgrow chapter 3 . 3/27/2016
This is wonderful. A perfect marriage of the real story and the movie. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.