Reviews for Riders of B E R K
Jerry Z.Z chapter 76 . 10/21/2019
I just want to say that I started reading this story five days ago, and I just could not stop myself from reading it. Yesterday I read until 11pm. Your story absorbs my attention, and will continue do so until the end.

I love the combination of modern world and ancient viking tribes and dragons. The idea of turning BERK into a secret organization is brilliant, as well as Drago's Nordiac Empire (I think I miss spelled it). Maybe you can expand Drago's ego a little bit and instead of taking over Scandinavia, how about the whole Europe? I don't think even though Drago takes over the countries he wanted, he would just stop.

Is Grimmel working FOR Drago? Didn't see that coming. Is Myrker the Light Fury?
Will the three warlords show up as well? If that's true, then this will be a really long story.

The romantic scenes of Hiccstrid is heart-melting. Especially when Astrid thought Hiccup betrayed BERK and the scene Hiccup explained everything to Astrid in the brig. I reread that chapter multiple times.

Each character is given by clear characteristics and personalities. I love the fact that you repeatedly write about their personalities so that readers will at least not forget about the characters.

I'm really touched by almost all the emotional scenes: when Hiccup is being bullied, when Hiccup "betrayed" BERK in order to save Astrid and Toothless, when Hiccup explains his actions to Astrid and changes her mind, when Mala and Throk are trying to kill Shimmer. You are really capable at writing emotional scenes.

One thing I realized is that there are so many conflicts, and a little bit too much antagonists. If you stick with one or two, and talk about them for the whole story, then it might be more interesting than bad guys keep showing up. I know conflict is the main energy source of a story, but when I was reading it, I felt that there are a bit too much troubles for Hiccup and Astrid. And if you want to make your story more unique, maybe you don't have to follow the personalities and characteristics that the original "How to Train Your Dragon" franchise. Just my own opinion. I respect HTTYD.

Great showing. I was like watching a movie while reading your story.

Hiccup is truly a magnet of bad things, and I just realized that after he and Astrid are engaged, they haven't planned for their wedding yet. I would love to read that scene.

Keep up with the good work. By having a story like this, you'll always have supporters like me.

(I'm not good at writing reviews. I just wrote down what I think about this story)

JZ
CajunBear73 chapter 76 . 10/20/2019
Timely intervention, from Astrid, then Hiccup and their dragons...

Some information given out, at BERK and at the Faroe Islands, and the two lead Riders with Stormfly and Toothless scuttled Drago's scorch, kill and assume ownership of lands at least there.

And both got a measure of payback on Krogan. But I don't think he's that easily killed...

Cami and a few of her Clan may be nearby and they may come in handy as innocents are evacuated to safer areas.

And Hiccup's concerns about the components Astrid was injected with may bear worth being leery of...until all is known of that liquid puppet maker...

TheHappyHighlander chapter 75 . 10/15/2019
If you don't kill Hiccup first, he's going to die before his 28th birthday from recurrent mega-traumas (not that I'm complaining)! XD He's gotta have like...a cardiac contusion or SOMETHING from getting shot in the chest, though, right? Can a person get their lungs bruised from something like that? Hmmm...I need to know more about medical stuff. Anyway...nice chapter, can't wait for more!
CajunBear73 chapter 75 . 10/14/2019
Very busy day here.

Astrid and Bertha's clan fleeing to Drago's next target and they may have to fight their way through this, while near exhaustion.

Hiccup, laid out just how stupid blindly following the chain-of-command as all good officers of BERK's high command was with his analogy that Stoick stuffed in Mala's face.

Figured Mildew was a plant and I'm sure he's not the last...

Questions to be answered as Hiccup wings his way to Astrid, worried that his love has been damaged by Drago's toxins...

Hope all are eating their Wheaties...they're gonna need it.

JasmineDragon22 chapter 74 . 10/13/2019
Time for a purge! Get em Hiccup!
CajunBear73 chapter 74 . 10/12/2019
A blow and freedom struck by Astrid with Cami's clan as they and their dragons flee and regroup. But now without loss that may leave the non-military among them rattled...

Heather was almost reached by Astrid, but maybe she's too far gone.

Hiccup, on his end of things, has to deal with stiff, by the book, policy wonks leading, surrounded by sycophants who either are pretty good at sucking up to rise in the ranks or have something on those he climbs over to get where they are today.

His Dad, the General, finally acknowledges the worth of his Son as he stamps in place a marker that none are to challenge if they want to live on their feet or die on their knees.

Hiccup's last pronouncement is sure to rankle those who live and die by their stiff protocols and those who are climbers...But there is a rat in the upper echelon of B.E.R.K.'s Ranking Officer's Corp...and those that squeal the loudest may not be the only ones who have sold out to Drago...

samta singh chapter 73 . 10/2/2019
It's pretty good. It shows, in a way, that everyone who wants to kill Hiccup will die. It's exciting to know Grimmel has finally entered the story, though he he hasn't made an appearance, yet. I hope he will be a dangerous enemy, like he was in HTTYD 3, and Hiccup will have a reason to hate him. It's interesting to see that Mildew doesn't seem to irrevocably hate dragons like he did in the series and just doesn't care about them. But it's surprising to see how Mala and Throk don't seem to care about dragons like Mildew, because they literally worshiped dragons in the series. This makes me question if Mildew is going to be the only one who will likely betray BERK, but I hope Mala and Throk will die as punishment for what they did to Skyshimmer, even though he was an insane dragon. I wish to see Johann as a villain as well, just like he was in the series, and I hope Heather dies soon. Also I am wondering when you are going to reveal 10 things:
a) Who was the person who gave Hiccup and Valka's location to Drago and Krogan?
b) Who did Drago 'bought' to gain access to BERK?
c) Why was Hiccup interested in Eruptadons?
d) Was there anyone else responsible for the whole 'Loki Protocol incident' that BERK is unaware of?
e) What is Drago trying to find right now?
f) Will Grimmel be just as skilled as he was in HTTYD 3, in combat and dragon riding and hunting?
g) Will Viggo be unaffected by Ryker's death or will he seek revenge for what Hiccup did?
h) Will Liam and his family join BERK?
i) Will Camicazi choose to remain in BERK, if she escapes with her family?
j) Are the dragons of BERK, especially Toothless, Deathwing and Snowy, really safe at BERK?
Guest chapter 73 . 8/7/2019
So heat-seeking missiles work? Hiccup might be asked to design a saddle that can carry those kinds of munitions. It would also be a good idea to equip them with flairs and chaff, in case Drago's flyers use their own missiles.

I hope to read more of this soon!
Guest chapter 73 . 8/7/2019
Good to see this is still being worked on. I wonder how much Astrid will have to endure before Cami and her family bust her out?

So heat seeking
xrosheart2013 chapter 73 . 7/31/2019
Great story! I have read it twice already! I hope you can update it soon! This story sure keeps me on my toes! Thanks for coming with this story!
TheHappyHighlander chapter 73 . 7/25/2019
This may be a weird comment, but I can't help myself...

I've read your stuff for a long time and I got kinda curious about just how many words all your stories would have cumulatively (since they're usually long)...and holy shit. You're right around 3,112,000 words at the moment...For reference. the ENTIRE Harry Potter series is only 1,084,170 words!

Damn dude! lol, thanks for all the hard work, though!
Valkyrie chapter 73 . 7/10/2019
I cannot WAIT for the next chapter.
LunarWolve chapter 73 . 7/9/2019
wow that chapter was dark but great as usual... I feel so bad for shimmer and hiccup. Due the leaders of B.E.R.K. are slowly becoming no better then who they are fighting... I really hope Astrid can get Heather back and soon.
emeraldValkyrie chapter 73 . 7/6/2019
Oh my gods you need to keep updating this is frickin amazing
JasmineDragon22 chapter 73 . 7/8/2019