Reviews for The Lady in the Lake
eatenalivebyboredom chapter 12 . 3/22
This story was absolutely PHENOMENAL! You had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! Your writing is absolutely amazing and I look forward to more. I'll definitely be reading the sequel. Thank you for such a good read. Highly recommended!
Guest chapter 13 . 7/28/2019
You have the best story i read so far.
FrazhierMay chapter 13 . 7/10/2019
The sequel is worth the wait. I have been re-reading Ghost Hunt fanfics and I am so glad that you have started on the sequel...

I will be waiting for more updates from the story. Take your time writing it. I know that whenever you find time to post, the chapter would be great and worth the wait.
June IX chapter 5 . 6/11/2019
Hi ! I don't really speak english but can read it very well.
I wanted to thank you for sharing your story. I just love it. I really like when a story is centered on Mai but don't like when everybody are over caring of her since the beginnig and "how she's precious est flawless at limit, everybody adores her with exageration et cetera. Et I'm pretty happy cause your story is rationnel about relationships.
I'm totally curious about that conversation between Martin and Naru. I can judt hope his father doesn't become a kind of antagonist for Mai but wow... It would be such a plot twist !
I can't wait to read more about Rocco ! Besides you have a way with words.
Thank you and keep on it please. :)
WildKat25ShadowWolf13 chapter 1 . 5/18/2019
I just finished this whole story and holy shit I was so happy! I enjoyed the whole thing and I can't wait to read the sequel and see how you expand Mai & Naru's story!

I really feeling from your writing that your version of Naru accepts Mai for who she is, encourages her to gain spiritual powers (especially since she reminds him of Gene and he is familiar with spiritualists), and genuinely cares for Mai's well being. I am very excited to see how you continue Mai & Naru's budding relationship.

I read/watched a lot of Ghost Hunt offical English and Japanese material that had the main author's rubber stamp of "canon" material for the series. I wish she was more comfortable with writing romance, but she openly admits that Naru and Mai get together as a couple which is nice for fans like us. I'm glad that a fellow fan wrote a great story about it.

Did you get a chance to read 3 more offical Japanese manga that released 3 years ago? It continues for when Naru comes back and Gene actively works with Naru & Mai to solve mysteries. I wish the owner of the English license would actually do an official translation and release it to English audiences. I wrote a letter to the official owners hoping to gain some attention but to no luck.

Can't wait to start reading the sequel!
Annaynana chapter 2 . 5/18/2019
Just for information for non-French native speaking people, French translation for aren't they full of themselves should be Ils ne sont pas imbus d'eux-mêmes. Otherwise, I look forward to reading the rest of the story.
uhhzy chapter 13 . 5/10/2019
Ooh i’m so glad that you’re creating a sequel ! I’ve reread this multiple times over the years and I’m definitely going to read again in preparation !
Aku Ms. Un chapter 13 . 5/9/2019
Thank you for the remainder... I'm going to read it now.
aikioikawa chapter 13 . 4/17/2019
sequel please!
PinkSpace chapter 13 . 4/17/2019
Just read this whole fic in 2 days, and I would love it if you made a sequel!
parknanny chapter 13 . 4/6/2019
Perfeita demais
yunaff30 chapter 13 . 4/2/2019
Love the story u should make a sequel of the story where they go on more case and Mai and naru feelings grow and what happens with them but again loved the story XD
bbypeaches chapter 13 . 3/26/2019
I'm really like Ghost Hunt and ofc i want more Mai and Nore... They deserve to be together, so sometimes i just imagine that. But i wan more... The other option is fanfic and after reading all GH ff in wattpad.. I come here and reading your fics.

And OMG this the best story... I love everyting and i love how u not change Naru character here but you made him realize his feelings slowly... Made him feel the emotions he has.

And of course i want more and that's your decision, maybe just a bonus chapter about Mai living with Naru hehe

And i hope for another GH story of you.
daughterXofXdarkness chapter 13 . 3/25/2019
As a Tampa, Florida girl I have to say I was really surprised by this story and I just finished binge reading it and that I would love a sequel. Ironically my mom JUST went to a concert at Vinoy Park like last Saturday or something so that was spooky. I absolutely love how you wrote each character, everyone had their moments and they all felt so real.
Chaotic Angel7 chapter 13 . 3/21/2019
I binged read this story within a day and I was impressed with how well you write emotional scenes. You did a great job with both Naru and Mai’s emotional reactions towards situations. The way you wrote Naru’s emotional range is believable for a thinking type personality and I appreciated that. You nailed it. I could see your growth as a writer improve with each chapter. I can confidently say that this is one of my favorite Ghost Hunt fanfiction. If you decided to make a sequel, I will gladly read it. It was fun seeing Naru struggle with understanding his feelings and finally accepting that he wants her by his side. However, he never actually voiced it to Mai and I could see a potential misunderstanding because of that. I would like to see how their relationship develops in a sequel. If you need case ideas or locations.
Haunted amusement park
Haunted martial arts dojo (ladies self defense? Naru’s tai chi lessons?)
Haunted cruise ship (pirates)
Haunted movie set (Yasu gets his tv show wish?)
Haunted casino