Reviews for The Lady in the Lake
CityofJade chapter 12 . 5/31
Apologies, my review appears to have been cut off short. A continuation of it below:

Defiant between paragraphs. It made me laugh to think that life's simple pleasures still remain even after you've been battling demons in drug lord basement tunnels.
CityofJade chapter 12 . 5/31
I always like to end a review with thanks, but for this, my gratitude will come first. Thank you, for sharing with us your words. I am a bit of a word hoarder, I collect them and don't let them go. Even when I really want to. Even when my characters and worlds strain and fight to break free I keep them locked up. Why? I don't know. But I do know that all I could think while reading this was, "I'm so glad these words were let free." You have weaved a tale of life and loss and death and despair and possibility and I am immensely grateful to have partaken of it. Never before have I read such an accurate portrayal of these characters in fanfic and the developments you brought to them were natural, plausible and even welcome. I especially enjoyed what you did with Martin. So many times before I have seen Martin and Luella become the perfect parents in the corner and I was immediately taken with his depth. I think I may forever think of him this way now. I would also like to take particular note of Prudence. Even when everyone had given up on her, when they saw or thought she could not be saved, no one could really truly take that last step to give up. She was the villain, and yet she was not the villain, and I thought that was beautiful. I did listen to that song you remarked as being hers before I even really started that chapter and it endeared me to her immensely. I felt those notes even when we saw her at her darkest. Lastly, I wish to bring attention to my favorite line in this story, being 'the coffee was good.' It startled me, to read it there after all that had transpired. Part of the effect came from seeing it standing so defiant between paragraphs, but it made me laugh. Life goes on and the simple pleasures still remain even after you've been battling demons in drug lord basement tunnels.
Airmage chapter 12 . 1/28
This is such a beautiful story and I'm so glad that you took the time to write it and see it through to the end.
Thank-you
Undertheskys chapter 12 . 12/25/2017
Good story, wish there was a sequel of them back in Japan with Rocco
Undertheskys chapter 6 . 12/25/2017
Awwe cute did he adopt Rocco for Mai? Thats so sweet
InuYoukaiKagome chapter 12 . 3/22/2017
This was amazing!
One of the best Naru/Mai stories on here, I've been reading through all of them over the past month and must say this is in my top 3! I have been left wanting so much more and the post-story feelings are hitting me hard xD
Also love that it didn't have a random epilogue like a lot of the stories on here, it ended really well :)
NonaV chapter 12 . 3/7/2017
What a great story! I loved it. I hope you will write more stories.
madison chapter 12 . 2/28/2017
AAAHAIHDDUHSFIUSABFHISFBRSIANIOFHEGIO;RHGURIBEFIUQEBWNDJKLEWBGHJADVSNOFHERFBURNFRIFNS UMMMMMMMMM WOW!? HELLOOOOOOO THIS RREALLY ROCKED MY SOCKS I CANT EVEN SPEAK I WAS LAUGHING AND SCREAMING AND HAD TO STOP READING MULTIPLE TIMES JUST SO I COULD SCREAM THINGS IM SORRY BUT LIKE WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS, MAI IS SO PURE AND GOOD AND ALSO,,,,, THANK YOU FOR PUTTING A DOG IN HERE! NO STORY IS COMPLETE WITH CANINE COMPANION AM I RIGHT?! THANK YOU!
End-Theory-Confirmed chapter 12 . 9/11/2016
this is the most fantastic ghost hunt fanfiction I have ever read.
okaysunshine chapter 12 . 9/9/2016
holy hell. this. this is amazing. I'm so delighted that you captured their characters so incredibly well. I also like how you portrayed Martin and Luella- a unique take on them from what I've seen. I loved it all the way through. I would be so happy to see an epilogue of them in Japan or even a sequel. I think you've got an excellent voice and I'd want to see what kind of story you'd tell about the transition between Mai and Naru and Mai and her powers. thank you for writing!
Band-Nerd1013 chapter 12 . 9/8/2016
OH MY FREAKING GOD. HOW HAVE I NOT STUMBLED ACROSS THIS BEAUTIFUL GEM BEFORE?! Literally this might be one of the best stories I've read of this fandom and I've read most of them! You captured Mai and her mindset so perfectly! Same for Naru! Also, that heaven scene? AMAZING. I've never seen anybody do something like that, or quite explain gene's decision not to move on like you did. Plus everyone always writes Martin as a sweetheart who always bonds with Naru, but I think you captured him perfectly. He's always going to want to do research. That's who he is. I loved all of it, including the Lin involvement because people usually back off of writing Lin because he's hard to nail down. I LOVED ALL OF IT. I hope sometime in the future you think of a sequel or perhaps just another ghost hunt story in general! You're writing is amazing and I'm so glad I read this fic, definitely going in my top ten!
Happy Moon chapter 12 . 8/12/2016
You could probably write a fic about the phonebook and I'd read it. Your writing style is AMAZING! I this story continued on. Anyways, phenomenal job and what all
leia chapter 7 . 8/1/2016
i tried to feel sympathy for kikio, i really did. but i just can't. i mean you could say that she was the reason prudence went mad in the first place. (and ofc, william)
Guest chapter 6 . 8/1/2016
i really like this story. i hope william and that wh*re kikio get what they deserve in the end. i don't understand why some ppl still defend women like kikio (in real life, or in fanfics) just beause they were "gentle" and "kind" and "soft spoken". i mean, if they were TRULY kind, they wouldn't go after or be with someone who was already married. "i love him and he love me" is a crappy reason to destroy someone else's marriage. forget william, he's a class A jackass
mikasa-chang chapter 12 . 7/21/2016
This is, honestly, the absolute best Ghost Hunt fanfiction I have ever read. Thank you for this wonderful story.