Reviews for Tenth Inning
River chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Great story. Is there some possibility still of you doing a follow-up story? You write so well I'd love to read part two if you were to post it.
toyouibestow chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Really good! :)
er121876 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
The style of writing is very similar to King's - I especially like the whole 'Dial 1800-GOD' part. You've made me want to read this book again!
Star Empire chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
Great chapter. I really enjoyed reading it.
Delores Lewis chapter 1 . 3/18/2006
Jennyel,

You know something? If there was ever a book that deserved a fic to tell what happened after the story ended, this book is one. The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon did not answer anything.

Yeah, Trisha is safe, but what about re-engaging into life after her ordeal?

What about her parents and brother? Their guilt and exquisite happiness at her being alive?

Do they (the parents) get back together?

There is only one fic about this wonderful, frightening book on Fanfiction. Net.

That's yours.

You wrote this story 3 years ago and I want you to continue it.

Not because it's such a great piece of literary work, though.

Don't get me wrong; it's not a total poece of crap. But you wouldn't get a Newbury Award.

Nevertheless...

You're the only one who was willing to at least attempt to continue the story after that dissatisfying ending. I commend you.

Can you attempt to close the game?

Finish what you started?

Reclaim this abandoned piece of fanfiction?

That would show maturity, a willingness to follow through, and allow me to say I read a decent fic about this book.

reply at:

P.S: This is not a flame. It is rather a literary evaluation on a story you left uneaten.

P.S.S: I also beta. That's a jab at the anticlimatic beggining to your fic.
StalkyStar chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
*swoons*

After going through pages and pages of stories, I've found a Tom Gordon fic that not only is longer than seven lines but one that is perfectly in character, well-written and completely plausible. I bow down to you. The story was flawless, everything was perfectly in character - especially the new and mature Pete, who is a bit nicer and a bit quieter, but fundamentally the same guy as before.

Oh, and this line:

Who do you call when your Subaudible's busted? Dial 1-800-GOD.

Fantastic. *swoons again* I hope you've written more Stephen King fic, I'll be checking your profile. Thank you for sharing this work.
HumiliatedGrape chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
a late review ;)

this is a really really good fic! bummer it seems you're not gonna continue it... oh well.
abcdefg chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Awesome story! I liked how you mixed different things from the real book in your story.
sandmoran chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
This is the best thing I have ever read on this site so far. Please continue it! I was so disappointed to come to the end.
samara's heir chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
i like it, continue pleez
fgh chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
Yeah, baby. :-)I liked that book.
me chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
Yay! I love that book! I always wondered what happened to Trisha and her family after she made it back, ya know...
taishige chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
Wow! This was really really well written! The way you wrote it sounded just like the book. I really love the book and this fits into it perfectly. Keep up the good work! D
Firefly37 chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
Great !

At last someone has the decency to write a fanfic about 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon'

YIPE

anyways get the 11th inning up

and put Tom Gordon in it too

and i know just the guy for Tom Gordon ( in real life of course)

if you are going to email me which I think you won't

emal to -

not

keep up the great writing
CleopatraVII chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
This stry was pretty good...

Sry, I'm a major TGWLTG fan, so I feel nit-picky:

1 Question: Do you REALLY think Pete would get mature about this? And stay mature, I mean. I mean, sure, he was depressed and "mature" for a little while...but would he really stay that way?

O well, nvm. Did u enjoy the book? TGWLTG is the whole reason I started to (nearly) worship Stephen King...

U might wanna read Carrie, Pet Semetary, or Rose Madder if u liked The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (aka TGWLTG)...just a suggestion.

Keep writing!