Reviews for Challenger
Gengarzilla chapter 18 . 5/20/2023
Ehh... I don't really think Espeon would approve of that evolution for Pikachu. I fully remember how in old Challenger she quickly ruled out Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Umbreon, and Glaceon for her desired evolution because it would make her "a carbon copy" of Douse, Pikachu, Pyro, Sobek, or Cynthia's Glaceon. She clearly wants to be her own distinct individual and the part-Psychic Alolan Raichu will only damage that. Pikachu isn't the only one Ash should be talking to on this matter.

In retrospect, maybe she should have been Leafeon in this version. That was her second place pick in the original version and now here it presents less risk of being upstaged by a teammate since we know Ash has wanted Scyther for the longest time, not Parasect.
Reader chapter 18 . 5/20/2023
Always happy to see this story updated as is freaking amazing
Megan Lyle chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
Wow! This is a awesome and exciting chapter! Please keep writing.
Guest chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
Let's gooooooo good chapter.
Red1245 chapter 18 . 5/20/2023
Really good chapter. I am curious about Delia surprise. And i am all for a alola raichu.
Hopefull he get a Scyther.
For a futur fairy type, i hope you give him a Gardevoir. It's my favorite, and most fic mostly go with Gallade like the fic Surmont and he need more female Pokemon.
Starrman9 chapter 1 . 5/20/2023
I’m all for an Alolan Raichu I can’t wait to see what bug type ash gets
SidRyuu14 chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
I think this would be the first proper story exploring Alolan Raichu aspect it would be very interesting to see how you develop Alolan Raichu in the story... Excited for that part...
Btw which bug type are you going for? Considering Ash's current team I feel like Kleavor is the perfect mon...
The Archsage chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
I must admit I'm concerned with where you might take Pikachu. I really hope you don't go with Alolan Raichu for Pikachu's evolution. Everyone does that. It's boring. Maybe this is just my OG Raichu fanboy feelings speaking though, but honestly it just feels so predictable and cringe. Ultimately though, you've got a story to tell, and if you feel Alolan Raichu helps with that better than OG Raichu then go for it. Just expressing my own thoughts on the matter.

Anyways, it's nice to see Ash is going for a Bug type. I'm eager to find out what your going to give him. Would be cool to see a Larvesta/Volcarona, but that's obviously a bit much and it's underutilized in fanfiction for good reason. Maybe a Venomoth to give him the poison type as well instead? I guess I'll find out.

Hope to see more soon.
gryphan.master900 chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
I was thinking that with Ash having met the carry limit that you could create a reason for someone to not be hindered by it. Do you really picture a gym leader storing their pokemon instead of keeping them with them? A gym leader would need multiple teams depending on the badge number the challengers have. Plus there's no way a team of 6 could handle potentially a few dozen battles on a bad day. They'd be too tired or hurt to actually put up a fight.

I was thinking that if a trainer gets a recommendation from at least 2 gym leaders and a Pokemon healthcare person saying that this person has the skill to control, train, and keep healthy a large team of Pokemon, Ash would have so much going for him in regards to how he rehabilitated that evee and how he has a well behaved crocodile demon pokemon of doom.

1. Brock would likely be willing after another badge or two and Ash comes back to him.

2. There's no way Professor Oak doesn't think that Ash could handle a large team of weapons of mass destruction with the intelligence of a human that are sapient and self aware. Oak would definitely be in his corner, plus Ash is safer with more pokemon, Oak and Brock together could easily push through approval, plus can you picture some of these elite trainers that we've met not being qualified for more?
Speed Reader chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
This story is fantastic. Your training and interactions are wonderful, your characterization is canon, yet mature, and it's just a very enjoyable story I keep wanting to read.
Gilgamesh50 chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
Great Chapter
darthwolf chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
Huh, Ash getting an Alolan Raichu(possibly)? Color me impressed.
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
I enjoyed this chapter - it was nice seeing the after effects of the St. Anne and the Rocket raid on it.
Linarian chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
alolan raichu is a really interesting idea
savitarsurffer chapter 18 . 5/19/2023
this is a great pokemon story keep it up
2,932 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »