Reviews for Challenger
Dean R Analyser chapter 3 . 12/23/2023
Very surprising that Brock fights with surprising and unexpected tactics rather than brute force stereotype of huge and rocky Pokemon.
You’ve done a great job of presenting Paul as more than the one note obnoxious antagonist he was canon-the improvements are very effective.
Dean R Analyser chapter 2 . 12/20/2023
Interesting interplay and interaction with Giovanni, make we wonder what’s going on…
The supporting information on the ‘baby’ Pokemon-you’ve built up Pokemon as creatures with vast amounts of scientific information and lore behind them!
The brief Team Rocket attack surprised me by how they haven’t reappeared yet though I think they were badly overused in the anime, and I really admire how you have utilized less-known characters in this story.
Excellent battle scene- they have been considerably high quality.
The power difference between Ash’s Pokemon and Ash’s really help build stakes and scales for this series- like how an amateur can’t beat a professional or a newby isn’t even close to the level of a veteran- it helps give Ash and other characters room to grow and evolve as battlers and people.
I loved the fight with the samurai fool- he was really annoying in the anime!
Blazer1011 chapter 21 . 12/10/2023
great story glad to see it back
Eric Knight chapter 18 . 12/9/2023
I'd like to see him have a psychic type raichu. I've never read one where he had one.
Huge fan chapter 21 . 12/3/2023
Do you plan on giving Ash Arctus, Cubchoo, again like in the first story? Please let Pikachu evolve into regular Raichu! Kanto Raichu is a classic and needs some more love! Can’t wait for more!
Dean R Analyser chapter 1 . 11/29/2023
An excellent setup chaapter: you have produced an interesting prestation of this stories characters, its background and basic mechanics including worldbuilding and supporting characters. An interesting note is that you have near-effortessly raised Delia Ketchum from 1 note housewife to a character with agency as a Pokemon breeder-I don't think I've seen that before.
The battles are solid with real-feeling stakes and defined power limits and feel more effective than many others I've seen.
I eagerly look forward to whats to come!
kingff chapter 16 . 11/26/2023
fantastic
BJJPanda chapter 14 . 11/7/2023
Tbh it feels kind of bs that Wes is in the tournament, he doesn't need anything there and is so far ahead of anyone competing it isn't fair
Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwe chapter 21 . 11/5/2023
Hey man, any update for this fic. It's great. Hope you still working on it. Thanks. Uvuv out!
Prancing-Tiger chapter 20 . 11/4/2023
man I'm getting a bad feeling about this prolonged absence
snowyboi chapter 21 . 10/22/2023
Great Chapter! Really hope the gyrados plot line comes back in another attack. It was really good, just like the Espeon one!
I think it may be good if Ash takes short trips to other regions (Sinnoh seems incoming).
Prancing-Tiger chapter 21 . 10/20/2023
does someone have any update from darkfire as to what's happened? it's been months since an update... is everything alright with him?
Prancing-Tiger chapter 21 . 10/7/2023
Been quite a time since an update, is someone here on the discord, who can ask around and find out?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2023
I stumbled upon this about a week ago and read the whole thing in a couple nights. The small deviations from the games and anime really increases the quality of the story. I really hope that the story continues on after Ash’s endeavors in Kanto. When will chapter 22 be out?
Kiyan Tribe chapter 21 . 9/27/2023
Damn. It is so good fanfic. One of my favorite. Binge read it in one night. Eagerly waiting for next chapter.
2,932 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »