Reviews for In Love and War
Guest chapter 40 . 4/11/2019
Wow that was awesome. First I read Faintest, Slimmest, Wildest Chance(in 3 days) and it was great and now that I read this(in 2 days) and loved it. I now want to read about the last year at Hogwarts for Hermione and Ginny and the first year for Harry and Ron as aurors
cameron1812 chapter 40 . 3/26/2019
I absolutely love the two stories together. Together with Faintest it is such a gift to the reader. Thank you so much!
cameron1812 chapter 14 . 3/24/2019
That last line just makes me smile so hard. Thank you!
wyldrozez249 chapter 40 . 2/20/2019
I really want to thank you for the insight into Percys newly reestablished familial relationships. It really made me treasure him more. He was no longer some guy you kinda knew once, who disappeared after being a jerk, then showing up again like nothing had happened. It is sadly, something we all missed in JKRs epilogue. After reading your fic, he feels like a part of the family again. This part of him from your fic, is now a part of my head cannon. (I don't often add to it)

Also having read both completed fan fics, back to back. I just want to say that I felt like the stories meshed well together. I think they were wonderful! Nothing but compliments, really!

P.s... I really started to hate Hermiones parents, though. All I kept shouting at my phone was, "Shut the fuck up! She saved your fucking asses! Chill the fuck out! If you would have treated me like that, I would have wiped your memories again! Then left your sorry asses in Australia!" But I'm evil, so yeahhhh...

P.p.s... Great fic, lol!
Pazza1995 chapter 40 . 1/31/2019
I have been going on something of a Harry Potter fanfic bender for the last week or so, including this and Fastest, Slimmest, Wildest Chance. I must say, this particular story was the first that centred on Ron and Hermione primarily. And it didn’t really resonate with me like FSWC did. I think it is beacause Ron and Hermione have much less baggage to work through than Harry and Ginny. They already know everything that happened, whereas Ginny is still in the dark about a lot of the more unsettling bits. And Harry being deeply unsure of how much to tell her is always an interesting plot thread.

That being said, I still enjoyed In Love and War immensely, mainly the thread between Hermione and her parents, and the tension associated with what she did to them. The fact that it told exactly the same story as we saw in FSWC, but from other perspectives was inspired, and gave me a reason to reread FSWC (as if I needed another reason to do that). Keep up the good work.
Totally Spazz-tastic chapter 4 . 1/15/2019
There’s nothing sweeter than Ron sticking his foot in his mouth!
triojediknights chapter 16 . 11/6/2018
Did you just put a Master Yoda reference into a fortune cookie? I love it!
Me11283 chapter 40 . 10/17/2018
I found FSWC on SIYE a while back. This was fun to read! I always like reading other perspectives of situations. Two questionshow much back story did you know when you wrote FSWC like Hermione helping Percy pick out the earrings? And why didn’t Ron share the healing “tip” he learned from his brothers with Harry? I know the idea of his sister having sex couldn’t be pleasant for him but would he want her to be in pain if she didn’t have to be?
EnglishGrlVerity chapter 40 . 7/10/2018
Perfect ending!
Stephanie O chapter 40 . 7/8/2018
Awesome story! I didn't realize at first that this was a companion story to Slimmest...Wildest Chance, and I was a little disappointed there was so little focus on Harry and Ginny...but they already got their story! That one was also a great story as I remember. I think my favorite thing about this story was how mature Ron has become, and how he really proved himself as the perfect man for Hermione...even though they're young, I could just tell that he would still be there for her, no matter what she needed. Not too many guys will do that...it's what separates the men from the boys!
Stephanie O chapter 23 . 7/8/2018
Ron was perfect for Hermione in this closing scene! He knows her so well, and really showed just how stand up a guy he is knowing exactly why she was upset and what she needed most at the time.
Stephanie O chapter 15 . 7/8/2018
Thank goodness Ron and Hermione have each other...where one doesn't know, the other does! Great story, I'm glad I got back into reading fan fiction!
The Amol chapter 5 . 7/4/2018
I am liking your story so far though sometimes I feel like I am reading one half of story and other half is happening in background .
Anyway I feel like I should tell you that your one plot line is forced. The one about Hermione's chances about going to Azkaban for modifying her parents memories.
I am sorry but that is just forced drama. Even if everyone and their mother knew that fact no one is sending one of the Hero of the Wizarding World in Azkaban especially when that hero is best friend of Harry Potter.
Harry used multiple Unforgivables which should place him in Azkaban for his entire life.
Molly actually killed someone even of that someone is death eater.
Point is in war conventional laws don't apply. You get pardoned as long as you were at the right side of war.
So I hope this plot line isn't stretched too much in next chapters.
JeanAndBilius chapter 40 . 7/1/2018
Excellent update!
AzureAlquimista chapter 40 . 6/30/2018
Mmm... very good fic... It's not the kind of fic I like better but its very good...
Usually fics can be about growing (how a character mature and change), romantic plot (how some characters end together) or facts plot (usually solving a crisis of some kind), or any combination of this basic themes... and can have two structures: lineal (a constant flow) or introduction-core-denouement...
This fic is lineal with no clear theme and almost no conflict at all... (maybe a bit of how Ron and Hermione build a stable relationship?)... so it's no my most loved kind of fic, but it's very good written and I enjoyed very much reading it...
My only advice would be to make your characters less perfect, and to create more conflict... Absolutely all your characters are soooo good and mature!. No rough edges, no flaws, nothing!... All problems are solved in a good and constructive way with no conflict nor clash of interest/opinions.
This is not realistic, nor interesting for your fic. Conflict is interesting, and characters with flaws are more realistic and can change, grow and better themselves...
687 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »