Reviews for No Kinen Ni
SketchyxNinja chapter 32 . 7/15/2013
I'd like to start the review by saying that this story was amazing. Stories that have this dark and suspensful background are always the best to read. I love to read situations where the character might die and where the odds are against them.

I found it odd that Kaiba was interacting with Yugi and Joey a lot since he's so busy running his company and such but I could see why he would sympathize. He is, after all, a human being. It's quite different than seeing him as a complete as*.

I found it strange that Téa and Tristan didn't get involved as much. Their bond is strong but it's nice to see bromance for once. Even if it's with Kaiba, who isn't really a stickler for friends. But it was interesting to see him portrayed as such.

I noticed that you type Moto and not Muto. I think I can see why you'd do that since the name sounds more like it. I don't think the developers weren't really aiming for such, though.

In the English dub, Joey has a strong Brooklyn accent. Suits him, too because I can't see him with another voice. So wouldn't it make sense that he'd be from America? And for Domino City to be held in America? At least, in the English dub.

Hah, I know that all I'm doing is complaining but thirty-two chapters is quite long. I hope my criticisms didn't offend you.

Your story isn't all bad, of course. Your writing is spontaneous, and I enjoyed that you put a lot of thought into each character. The chapter where it was like a songfic really touched my heart. I couldn't stop myself from crying at all the heart breaking scenes. And there were plenty.

Yugi's depression and Yami's protectiveness was a nice addition since Yugi's so determined to prove himself and Yami's always looking out for him. It gave their relationship a rift and for that, I was glad to see it. True friendship is tested when there is tension.

Speaking of, I am more than happy to see that this wasn't a yaoi. I absolutely don't ship that since I always saw Yugi and Yami's relationship as brothers or father and son. If you had ruined this story by making it a puzzleshipping, I wouldn't have continued reading.

Well, I think I said quite enough. I look forward to reading your other Yugioh stories. Judging by this story, I'd say that they'll be unforgettable and enjoyable.

Have a nice day! :)
Ecarus chapter 32 . 2/2/2013
This was a wonderful story; well-written and interesting. Thank you very much for writing it!
20 minutes chapter 32 . 1/21/2013
This was a beautiful story with an amazing plot. You have written it extremely well and I even found myself tearing up in parts! You have created a work of art. Great job and keep writing.
GoldenGriffiness chapter 19 . 1/4/2013
This is a good story, but I think it should be rated M just because of some of the things in it, even if it isn't explicit.
KageNoNeko chapter 32 . 12/2/2012
I loved this story. I find it to be very believable for Yugi to still have trouble with what he had been through.
K2 chapter 32 . 11/6/2012
This was the most amazing story ever! I loved it!
ThenSheFlew chapter 32 . 9/30/2012
Thanks so much for the awesome story.

You wrote all the characters really well and actually in character, but still managed to develop them a little bit.

Your story was very realistic (within the yu gi oh world of course) which is unusual for fanfiction. You had an interesting plot too.

Thanks again!
Rainsaber chapter 32 . 9/26/2012
Just wanted to say I really enjoyed this story. I wasn't expecting memory loss at first but what really kept me hooked and reading this though like a madwoman was your style of writing. It's smart writing so I have to commend you on that. Everything has a purpose and the stakes are always high or getting higher-and, most importantly-real. Everything in here feels firmly grounded in reality so it makes everything that much more believable which also makes the characters and what they're going through feel important and honest.

I feel like it's the easy way out to bring things to such a neat tied up bow at the end so I'm glad you decided to keep things a bit open ended, but at the same time leave us with that important glimmer of hope that things are on the road to getting better for all of them. Obviously this was a very dark story, and you certainly delivered on where you were leading us, and though it was hard to read at times (subject matter, of course), everything felt necessary. Nothing felt extraneous or out of place. I'll admit I wasn't sure where you were headed with Yugi going to America, but I liked how no one else did either, and even he didn't until he came to that realization in New Mexico.

Avoidance is his middle name, the poor thing, but in the end I think I appreciated your take on him confronting his personal demons. It wasn't direct, but it was in a roundabout way that sort of promised that things can't be fixed or put back together right away. I mean, accepting it and confronting it won't make it go away. It's something that will always be there and will only take time to get over and live with. Patience is what I'm getting at here. Obviously I have no patience being a reader, but it's a very good thing that you had it in writing this because it shows how things are carefully put together and they need to be treated in a respectful kind of way and you accomplished all that.

I really like this story. And I'm really glad you wrote it in the way you did because it feels uniquely yours, different, but also very honest about things that others would have glossed over or taken the easy way out in. I'm a character writer myself, so I also really appreciated how much this story was driven by characters alone. That's not to say the plot wasn't there, because it was and it was a brilliant one, but I'm a believer in that if you have strong characters guiding you through a story, you don't even notice the plot is there because things flow together so smoothly. Just as there were many times I nearly cried, there were also instances where I grinned like a loon, smirked like a cheshire cat, and laughed out loud at the needed humor-especially with those two bickering spirits. That in particular was very entertaining ;)

There's so much more I could say, and I could have in more than just one review, but I have a bad habit of just blazing through a good story without stopping so that's my bad. I raise my morning cup of tea to you Awesome story.
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
"の記念に" is more like "In 's memory".
SangoMarie chapter 32 . 6/14/2012
*coughssequeal?* lol
KaitlynShadowheart chapter 32 . 1/2/2012
First thing, longest story on here ive ever read. But I loved every moment of it! It had so many twists and surprises but it worked amazingly! I guess it's good that I'm reading this now and wasn't reading it as it updated, because I have horrible patience XD Anywho, great job (:
Namara Jane Knight chapter 32 . 10/13/2011
I cannot believe that I have finally finished this masterpiece! I apologize, allow me to introduce myself; I am Namara Jane Knight. I found this story on my own, and I will admit I was a bit wary of reading it. However, a friend of mine, Icepool123, read this a while back and remembered wuite a bit from it. She told to read it, but to prepare myself for what was in store for me during this amazing ride that No Kinen Ni has taken me on. There were a few errors, but most are not worth mentioning here for they did not alter or maim the story in any way. I felt there was almost a perfect balance between real-life scenarios and fictional creation. You gave a lot of depth to several characters that would have been uninteresting had you not taken their basic personalities and turned them into wonderous works of art. Now, I myself have only just began watching the Yu-Gi-Oh series a few weeks ago (after caqlling my friends who were obsessed withthe show 'bigger nerds than I am' and not giving it a try, I went to Icepool's birthday party. While I was there, she introduced me to the show by putting in the Yu-Gi-Oh movie that she recieved as a gift. I was hooked immediately! Ever since I have been catching up on episodes and reading fanfictions for the show.)

All I have to say is that this was a wonerful piece, never will it be able to be duplicated (no matter what those other authors try to do, this story is yours and yours alone). Do take care, and I will be reading more stories of yours when the time presents itself.

Oh, and if I am not mistaken, this will be the first Yu-Gi-Oh storyu in my favorites.

Until we next meet.

Namara Jane Knight
ArtThouStupid chapter 32 . 9/16/2011
This, is a bloody brilliant story. That's all I can say at the moment. :)
OliviaGraham chapter 30 . 7/22/2011
LMAO It's funny because Justin Shore is my friend's name XD

I was just going to review on the last chapter, but that just made me laugh so freaking hard XD

Good story by the way :)
Icepool123 chapter 6 . 5/22/2011
You are a really good agnst writer! I really about cried when i read this chapter.