Reviews for Slytherin Chronicles : The Desire of Darkness
My Cat Frank chapter 10 . 5/24/2004
This is a fun little fic. It's interesting to see how you're rewriting the original by including your own cast of characters. Keep up the good work! _
XenofeX chapter 10 . 4/29/2004
Nice. A bit shorter than usual, but I didn't enjoy it any less. I'm interested to find out more about this energy/connection thingy happening here. Keep it up!
XenofeX chapter 9 . 4/29/2004
Hi there! Long time no internet. Very good chapter, as usual. However, I'm beginning to worry about Roisin. She seems very... Ron-like, recently, and they rather took the whole "Neve nearly died three days ago" thing quite lightly. Still, I thought the story flowed very well. Great job!
Dream and Write chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
Wow, very… mysterious to put it plainly. This is very well done. I’d like to invite you to a writing forum. I hope you enjoy the community and share some of your interesting works.
LMTran chapter 10 . 4/15/2004
Wow, you haven't updated in a while. I was slightly disappointed as your chapters are usually a lot longer...This chapter was just Neve and Roisin walking to Hagrid's cabin and sitting down. ( Hope you update soon with tons of action and gun fights (no, I'm joking, really). Good job though. D
-LIZZIE
Seven Perseids chapter 8 . 3/30/2003
Hah! I'm finally reviewing! I had to wake up at 6:45 to get a hold of the computer, but I'm reviewing! Hah!

Anyway, a commentary-

First off, this story seems like it could have been the main plotline of the HP books if Harry Potter weren't the focus of all the attention; that is to say, it stands on its own, and looks pretty independent of the general story of HP.

Not that that's a bad thing. But I'm thinking...you know, something like this, if tweaked properly, could stand on its own even if you removed it completely from the world of fanfiction.

And hey! When you're dealing with the Slytherins, you've got enough wiggle room to not have to obsess over canon! (Oh yeah!)

Lastly, I found it interesting that Neve was taken into the memory of the spirit possessing her; I'm looking forward to seeing how you're going to relate that with the Sphinx and the men with scimitars.

So keep writing, and thanks for reviewing my story! Looking forward to the next chapter, as always!

Aileron
Kaiden chapter 8 . 3/27/2003
Oh! this is getting good. You don't watch Charmed do you? It's just that it reminds me of an episode involing an egyptian demon thing named Geric. Anywho, I love the development of the plot, it's beggening to move away from the story of "Stone", but will it come back? Is there going to be anymore mention of Harry and all them? Anyway, I liked the idea of writing in replies to all your reviews at the end of the story, maybe should try that.

I realise that you had updated the story a long time ago. The reason I haven't reviewed for so long is that I was actually on holidays in Majorca for the term. That was great, it's like sunnier than Australia, but it's nowhere near as Humid. But I spent most of the time playing Counter Strike on a LAN, that was fun. Anyway, I'll be getting back to writing my stories, and with your permission, I want to put you on my mailing list.
Excillian chapter 8 . 3/13/2003
Oh no! I've reached the end of all the chapters you have out and now I have to wait in suspense with everyone else! I am really getting into this whole spirit possession thing, it's kind of like what will happen in my story, but completely different too, lol. I love the way you've portrayed Neve, as I've said before, but I also like Snape and Eirian too. Snape is very IC, but you're showing us a different side of his personality. (we knew it had to be in their somewhere, even if it wasn't nessassary for JKR to show it to us). And Eirian is one of the best original characters I've ever seen. I can't wait to find out more about her and Snape's past relationship. And what is this big secret that they are keeping from Neve? What do they know that she doesn't? OOh, I'm trembling in anticipation. Please hurry with the next chapter, I can't wait!
Excillian chapter 7 . 3/13/2003
This is just a quick review, great chapter, love the new spirit development thing. Now I have *got* to get to the next chapter.!
Excillian chapter 6 . 3/12/2003
Okay, I changed my mind again. *This* is my new favorite chapter! Neve is so cool, spouting off all those facts like that. I love the way you've managed to keep her Slytherin-ish, but still kind of sympathetic with the Gryffindors and not a completely bad person. I also like the way you portrayed Snape, very cool. I just hope you have more of her telekinesis (moving things with your mind, I forgot exactly what you called it)thing soon, I loved that. It's something I wouldn't mind having myself, lol. Great chappie!
Excillian chapter 5 . 3/12/2003
I love the sorting hat song! That must have taken a while to come up with, huh? I know I'd have to think about it for awhile,lol. I've changed my mind, *this* is now my favorite chapter. I loved the whole thing, and I really liked the run in with Malfoy in the Hall. Neve's got some sharp tongue, aye? So what's with this mysterious older girl that seems to hate Neve? I sense an antagonist, am I right?
Excillian chapter 4 . 3/12/2003
Yes! This one was really good. I especially liked the part with Hermione on the train, it was halorious. And the misquito joke was good too. I liked the way you told the story of Roisin's parents, it was great! Did you come up with that tragic story all by yourself? lol. Very good ending too, " They had arrived." It really sets you up for the next chapter and makes you want to get to it fast.
Excillian chapter 3 . 3/12/2003
What horrible parents! I would hate to have some like that. Especially that Mr. Coulden.*shivers* Didn't even tell her bye! I love how we got to see a bit of the darker side of Neve too, I was hoping you weren't trying to make her all good. That just wouldn't seem real at all considering how she grew up. There has to be something a little dark about her, lol. Oh, and I can't wait to find out what happens when she runs into Draco. That'll be good. *grins* Just out of curiosity, is there going to be Neve/ Draco or any romance of the kind? Another great chapter, and I look forward to reading more later, but for now, I have to go do schoolwork, ack!
Excillian chapter 2 . 3/12/2003
OOh, another nice chapter. It took me a while to find time to read more of your story, but here I am! I especially like the "Fate is a dangerous and wonderful thing" part there at the end. Pretty cool. And I like the parallel with how it happened when Harry bought his wand. Did you do that on purpose? Oh, and that was the first "inflexible" wand I ever heard of, that was great. I don't really know why that stuck out with me, but it did. Anyway, nice 2nd chapter and now I'm off to read the 3rd!
LMTran chapter 8 . 3/4/2003
Hey! Oh my gosh! D I love this story! I saved it in my favorite places a long time ago when you were only on the first chapter. I was cleaning out my FAv. Places file, and found this story! WOw.I can already see the small hints that lead to bigger, better things! The plot is deveolping nicely, and it seems like a twisted, complicated story. I especially like how Neve and Malfoy kind of admire each other yet 'dislike' each other. I also enjoy how you portray Snape. His personality is more detailed in this story than in J.K Rowling's HArry Potter. ANd I admire your writing style. It really intrgues me, and keeps my mind focused on the story. I just hate those stories where they simply cut to the chase and don't really detail anything at all. But in your story, you detail and explain everything so clearly, but not so much as so the reader gets bored! My praises and approval straight your way! A new favorite story! D