Reviews for A Lesson In Dying
similar chapter 6 . 5/5/2016
I really like where you're going with this story. Most people just start to when the main characters are born. I think it's more interesting when people start farther in the past. There's less chances of dialogue from the show being copied and pasted. Those stories are always so unimaginative and seem barfed up.

At first I liked your main character. I thought it was unusual how strong her senses were at birth. I thought she was uchiha at first too because of the cats. I liked how she was transitioning in a new world and it didn't seem overly dramatic. It was more realistic...? I donno. It made sense. There were challenges gaining skills such as walking and speaking a new language. I don't like that she has an accent. Accents to me are entirely physical, not mental. It doesn't make sense for her to have an accent when she has a new body. I also don't like how she doesn't stick up for herself or how she can feel guilty for selfish actions. Those "selfish actions" are normal and should always be chosen in the face of strangers. Its more realistic for oc's to not care about saving everyone in the show and be the hero. Survival of the fittest and all that. Like you have no idea how many times I raged for her to fight back against her bully. Then I changed my mind. She deserves to get bullied. Anyone that's training to be a soldier and still can't defend themselves and has the advantage of being reincarnated deserves to get their ass beat. Like at least kick him in the nads. It's pathetic. Hopefully this'll push her enough to learn tsunade's chakra technique (I see what you're doing). Hopefully she'll snap. It could possibly stop her flash backs.

Sorry for the rant. I just really don't like your protagonist. I hope that in the future you can make her into a player. Player being someone who makes waves and isn't the one that's always reacting to the more powerful characters. But I honestly can't see her doing that. She's too passive and nonconfrontational. She keeps saying she's an adult, but still let's people walk all over her. Speak up little girl.

On a side note I honestly think it'd be cool for her to confess to her dad that's she's been reincarnated. But again, unless she improves herself, I can't ever see that happening.

Anyway thanks for the story. It's a good read and I hope you continue. Sorry for not liking your oc and for this long ass review. I just don't understand how people can still act this awkward and spineless when they should already be grown up. It's one of my pet peeves. Hate it when I see people act this way at school.
Enbi chapter 6 . 5/5/2016
OOOH, I'm excited to see what will happen next!
Love Stories00 chapter 6 . 5/3/2016
That is one mean cliffhanger. I can't wait to read the next one. This chapter had me on the edge of my seat for the chase part. Well done.
Morphious - ChangeSpinner chapter 6 . 5/3/2016
Gah! CliffyCan't wait for the next chapter to find out who this mysterious person is. Also, yay, for Raika deciding to get back at the bullies in the near future. Hopefully, she can put that anger to good use.
Sublimey chapter 6 . 5/2/2016
Poor baby! I feel so bad for her... Raika, babe, you don't have to be the bigger person! Fight back against your bullies! Anything is better than cutting up your hands by picking up glass and hacking off your hair.

Anyway- great chapter! The last part really got me. I'm really enjoying reading Raika as a character, and I'm SO CURIOUS about who found her in the alleyway! Guess I'll have to wait until next chapter, huh? See you then!
k chapter 6 . 5/2/2016
I feel for Raika and the bullying she goes through so much. ;n;

That aside I love Raika a lot? I especially love the characters and small slice of world building u gave her and her family so far.
geekycutecupcake chapter 6 . 5/2/2016
Please let her kick those brat's asses in the next chapter!
i30817 chapter 6 . 5/1/2016
Will she finally kill the little shit?
AnimeViolinist001 chapter 6 . 5/1/2016
I think this chapter and the last really capture the fact that when I was bullied, the worst part wasn't the actual bullying, but the fact that no one would do anything or notice. Also, the fact that, for some reason, there's some kind of shame in being bullied.
But I'm hoping this all changes for Raika with the arrival of whoever this is! I know you mentioned a woman with red hair and my first thought was Kushina. However, it's been a really long time and I really don't know if my timelines are correct, but I feel like would be younger? I don't know. I've probably got this all wrong. But what really matters is that I hope whoever shows up is going to help her!
I look forward to the next chapter. :]
Alice chapter 6 . 5/1/2016
vivement la suite
sketchtheunicorn chapter 6 . 5/1/2016
And so she meets Kushina. Awesome story so far, love the different perspective. Keep up the good work.
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 6 . 4/30/2016
-stares at red-haired woman- ... That can't be Kushina. It's way before her time, isn't it? I mean I haven't watched Naruto in forever so I might have the timelines fucked up, but at the very least she should still be a kid, so that can't be her. It might be her mother, though? Just the fact that you mentioned that explicit detail makes me think that somehow she WILL be important... Update soon!
bored411 chapter 6 . 4/30/2016
ooh boy. can't wait to see how that turns out and i wonder who found her. super curious and i can't wait to see if they help her out or not. so please update this again soon! i'm bouncing in my seat in wait for more
ShugoYuuki123 chapter 6 . 4/30/2016
Wish Raika could just beat up the bullies and teach them a lesson, don't know why instead of just enduring it and running away. Looking forward to the next chapter to see what she does next
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 5 . 4/24/2016
You go Raika, telling that teacher off for using the 'boys pick on girls because they like them' excuse! Chauvinistic shit-stained assface. -huffs-
63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »