Reviews for Vilification
WinterWillows chapter 12 . 4/14
I loved this story, very well written xx
WittyBasketcase chapter 12 . 3/16
Is this the last chapter?! I need more!
Thank you for writing been a fun read
WittyBasketcase chapter 3 . 3/16
Haha. Hermione is such a tease! Good grief!
WittyBasketcase chapter 1 . 3/16
Lol woooow. That last line made me laugh out loud. Poor draco!
Hermione needs mental help with her strange fascination with Dom/sub bullshit.
So Draco is being led by inescapable instincts and Hermione is just choosing to be a raging, over-controlling bitch by abusing her control over him. That's real nice.
savannavansmutsmut chapter 12 . 8/27/2017
Excellent
Guest chapter 12 . 8/13/2017
Not bad but not a good romance at all. Just meh. Kinda boring.
elacartier chapter 12 . 8/13/2017
Describing Draco as gruntled amuses me no end. Not for the story, but because I often describe my dog as gruntled. It makes people blink a bit, but it's a very suitable word. And it makes me imagine Draco as a white husky. And then I can imagine him prancing about with the jewelry box in his mouth.

And all that makes his hissy fit about presents not working the way he wanted very funny. Without, it'd be a bit sad, because I think it's the first time he's trying to work around the culture clash. And I think he's a bit trapped by his assumptions here.

Rolly sulking is fun, and the Weasleys imagining Hermione's still 14. It can be hard to get family to see you've matured. And I like Luna. You don't write her as a freak or an airhead. And it shows that she's smart and listening, even if her style is very different from Hermione's.

And the end where Draco finally gets it right for basically the first time in the whole thing... that makes me want to see him get it right more. Because it's going to take them both changing a lot to make this work.
elacartier chapter 11 . 8/13/2017
It's been a while since I was on the shot, but I recall that the kick in time is really short. Like minutes. So assuming magic and biology aren't having extra weird interactions, they should be fine. And even if they're not, if she took the shot as directed, she should be good for the first two weeks. No uterine lining is a little tricky. I doubt that will really reassure Hermione tho. Possibly she should stock up on pregnancy tests?

More Ron is good. He is very soothing with all the emotional turmoil. Molly providing vast quantities of contraception, or at least the best she can legally manage, also good. Very soothing, in a very mom like way.

The wedding negotiations are hilarious. I'm positive Draco doesn't think so, but I could see him getting to really enjoy this style of negotiations. The negotiations over kids, differently hilarious, and I'm kinda left hoping they wind up with about 6 girls, and vast piles of paperwork to set up proper inheritance. I think Draco would like that in the end. And I think he'd do better with daughters than sons. And frankly given how he's so sure they can't have kids, I think he deserves nearly 5 years worth of pregnant and pissed off about it Hermione. And a good sound education in reproductive health.

Maybe then he'll go on a crusade for sex ed at Hogwarts. Make something of his life.
elacartier chapter 10 . 8/13/2017
This chapter is a different kind of swing of emotions than the others.

The passage of time in Azkaban doesn't feel right. I'm not sure what it would take to feel right, but it feels very fast for three months of solitary confinement. And Hermione seems awfully sane for solitary. It's not a big deal, but the prison stuff in the books is awful and this doesn't feel more right. Which is noteworthy because so much of this story does feel right.

I like Hermione's comments about her approach vs Luna's. It sums up why she's not a Ravenclaw very neatly. And I like the Hufflepuffs pointing out that just working hard isn't always the best plan. And I really really like Hermione's description of her plan as "selling herself". Long term, I think that view could be really harmful, but I like her determination to be really goddamn expensive. She doesn't see herself as an object, but as priceless, and she wants as close to full value as she can get.

I think Draco is entirely misreading the situation. My vibe is this is the first time he's really aware of the culture shock. I don't think it ever dawned on him that Hermione would try to make him stay properly a legal person under wizarding law, and it feels like he's very boggled and confused. I get the feeling he's never heard of contientious objectors before. Or a lot of other things. I kinda want to see Hermione teach him Muggle Studies, the way she would approve of.

The not exactly arguing over the concept of short in the shower is hilarious to me. My partner and I have a longstanding disagreement about how showers work, and banging heads with the shower head is definitely part of it.
elacartier chapter 9 . 8/12/2017
And we hit the climax. Heeeeeeee. Cloak and dagger and spy stuff and plots and I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't think Hermione thought her plan through entirely. Good plan for off the cuff work. She's doing her best to protect them both, just not so great for the long term.

And I really love the immediate consequences. Not that I think Hermione deserves Azkaban, but it drives home why she's trying to be so damn careful. She's got first hand experience with how shitty the wizard legal system is, and she cares not just about what she does for her, but for everyone else. And it's a glorious huge political bomb that will probably echo for generations. I'm imagining Fleur having at least 3 kinds of fits over it. Bill, not so much since he shares the shitty end of being creaturely with Hermione. But Fleur is gonna have really mixed feelings.
elacartier chapter 8 . 8/12/2017
May I join Draco in not caring how far south Iceland is? I'm in Wisconsin, and it rarely breaks 30C in summer here, and that's too damn cold. And I think Iceland has a tough time breaking 20C in summer, and the Gulf Stream basically never busts 25C off shore. Too damn coooooooooold.

His sex in a hot spring idea probably has merit. Depends on exactly how hot. Boiling myself doesn't seem like fun. But there's a lot of space between not even 25C and boiling before I get cooked... and playing around in water with enough space is fun.

On my first read and the second, this chapter felt very sudden and swingy. This time around I'm getting more of where the swing comes from. I think Draco is still running on a hormonal high, and I keep getting more certain that he is clueless about relationships. And he's super shitty at getting across what he wants without freaking Hermione out. And if she says what she wants as her ideal future, he hears that she hates him. Whee. Misconceptions like woah.

I'm starting to think if they talked about their experience a little more clinically, it might be easier. Probably with the help of the FAQ and a purity test or two. Preferably a kinky one. And being outside of Apparation range of each other isn't a bad idea. Knock the stakes down. It's not the way the story went, but it's fun to imagine them trying to cope without hormones getting in the way. They could have their freak outs without the pressure of the other person being right there.
elacartier chapter 7 . 8/12/2017
I feel like Fleur and Bill are trying to talk about positive consent, and nobody in the discussion really has vocabulary for it. And I think by this point Hermione is a bit creeped out by the orders thing, and is trying desperately to not think about it. Which is not helpful.

Plus trying to have this conversation when she found herself "accidentally" kissing Draco this afternoon? Also not helpful.

The ending of I want to go to the beach is hilarious to me. Partly because there's no universe where an actual cold beach sounds appealing to me.
elacartier chapter 6 . 8/12/2017
If I'm counting right we're on day 3 of this? Maybe day 4, but I keep coming up with 3.

Anyway, I don't think Draco has thought things out as much as he makes out in the bank. Maybe if he'd known about the veela thing for his whole life, but I get the vibe that he knows very little. And I'm fairly sure his dad wasn't officially a registered veela, given what we know of how the law runs in this AU. My read is he was going on instinct and years of knowing how much of a bitch Hermione can be, and was gambling that it'd work out.

The sex dream at the beginning is very nicely done. Hot and it gets the ambivalence across well.