Reviews for Steel
vixenonthemoor chapter 2 . 7/31/2013
I would desperately like to read the sequels to this fic, but the links are dead. Could you help me out?
Concerned Citizen chapter 2 . 1/31/2012
Dear, the links are gone! This is extremely distressing, as I am way immersed in the story. Please post them, here or at fanfiction . net! The fans, they pine!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/23/2010
first i just want to say that i love this fic! i think it captures elrond perfectly. however, i am really anoyer that i can't find the sequel water anywhere. did you take it down? if you did, could you please put it back up? i really want to read it!
Kira-k chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I love this story since ages and I just noticed that I didn't review it so far. How terrible of me... ;

So, I love how you characterise Elrond and Boromir, and how you write the spar, I love the whole fic to its pieces. And I love the sequel as well! XD

Thanks for sharing!
Nehfi-Tirri chapter 2 . 10/17/2005
great -
Azarias chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
I enjoyed 'Steel' considerably more than 'Water'. I think the UST works much better and feels more genuine than the resolution of it. Elrond's motivations in 'Water' get a little fuzzy to me, whereas the flirting and fighting in 'Steel' are well-defined and delicately done.

The physical descriptions of the characters seem a little off. Is Boromir meant literally to have a hundred pounds on Elrond? If we're going by movies, Sean Bean is sturdy, but not that much larger than Hugo Weaving; if we're going by the books, Elves are willowy but not fragile-seeming, and Elrond has some human bulk to him. On the positive side, you don't feminize Elrond and you don't make Boromir unhygenic or outrageously uncouth, which are some stereotypes I hate to see.

There's the Tolkien geekgirl in my head muttering 'But Elves don't - they can't - Elves! The wrongness!'. But given that I clicked on elfslash to begin with, and I enjoy wrongness, that's not much of a concern.
Heddy chapter 2 . 7/13/2004
Its a realy good story - I love your stile. .

But the Link to the Sequel *Vagabond* dos not work.. *sniff*

Could you send me a working Link, please? Or the Sequel itself? *puppyeyes*

My Email is in the Review-Header.. wold be very nice from you. D

Df chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
This is a REALLY well written fic. Probably the best that I've ever read. It's a shame you didn't write more...
anna chapter 2 . 2/17/2003
wow - hot story! very good especially for the description of characters. it proves that you CAN write something a bit more. shall we say unorthodox?. and still do it tastefully, not just for the sake of getting two characters together.

oh, and ive read the second part, too. excellent. loved elronds attitude and behaviour. the spell was a very nive touch!

hm. some more, perhaps?
Lilian chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
Wow. Just- wow. Impassible, stone-faced Elrond feels as he remembered what was on Ages long past, and as he compared Isildur to one Boromir son of Deneathor, it left a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

Fancy way of telling you I really, *really* loved this. There was an air of- fleetness to this, like we were reading about a dream. Which in a way, it was: both because all these characters and situations come from a dream an old college proffesor once had and because it happens at Rivendell, the Valley of Elves, where magic and nature and power mix and threaten to overwhelm us mortals.

I've never cared much for Boromir, but reading your story made me see him in a new light. And I think I like him. Because it seems like there's so much more to him than meets the eye, and that same sassy, f*ck-you attitude that made me dislike him in the first place is what makes me love him now: because he hides who he is, and desperately lives in his own shadow. Poor, poor Boromir...

Is there more of this? Please?

Meeeee chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
*mouth drops open*

This is one of THE BEST fics I have read! _ Wheep!

'and, aye, scratch thir arses once in a while'

*cackle* I hope you write some more...
Joanne chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
*bows* im humbled, this was awesome! kinda unsure as to the whole Isildur/Boromir alikeness, but hey, it works, and it's a wonderful fic. good job!
desevera chapter 1 . 1/16/2003
Very nice, i am following links to the sequel. I REALLY love your sword divider thingys!

js chapter 1 . 1/16/2003
Give me Men, honest Men, who live and die normally, who eat and drink and sleep and, aye, scratch their arses once in a while.

Muahaha! How true, and even the autor notes got me to laugh, with the Legsansass comment. This was realy good, but I do believe that even with all the storied out their on , I have yet to see one that uses "slash" as often, no matter the romance. ;) The little sword-breaks are nifty, I might have to scam them from you at some point... Hope you don't mind awfully. It of course wont fit in to my story in the least, but hey! I like 'em! You mentioned a link? Is it here and I just missed it or is the sequel not written and you will have to edit the story to include it? If thats the case, the ever pressent "Continue!" please.

Jess Scefing