Reviews for Not this time, Fate
dead gray eyes chapter 51 . 9/18
One of the greatest fan fics ever. hoping for an epilogue of sorts. your the best couer
PariahEleven chapter 1 . 9/18
Chapter 21 will always have one of my favorite authors notes on FF, and after finding out about the baby, I thought you were gonna use it as a check point for jaune so that when he dies, he would be born again as the baby... either way, amazing story and this is the third time I'm reading it
asneez chapter 51 . 9/18
I know this has been finished up for a while and I didn't leave a review the day of despite reading it but I feel that I have to. I just want to say that this story was truly incredible. The plot line the length and depth you were able to go to as of now it is in my opinion it's the single best story ever written on fanfic. Your works really brighten my day when I'm down and being drowned in work. I am greatly enjoying all the ones of that have replaced this and look forward to reading the ones that will replace those. Thank you for all your incredible stories
Biblio388 chapter 6 . 9/18
Love the shield idea. That is a good way to word off unwanted disaster. Having fun reading this and enjoying more than a few laughs each chapter. Very nice balance between serious and 'seriously!?'.
I know we've not gotten on of late. I've been distracted. I've been trying to escape…" He chuckled. "I've been pulling a Blake. That stops now. I won't run away any longer. I'm going to fight. I'm going to keep fighting, and I don't care if that means this ends now, next repeat, or a hundred thousand repeats from now, because I am not going to give up." His eyes snapped open, lips peeled back. "I won't give up. I won't stop fighting. I won't stop trying to save them. I'm condemned to this path, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have chosen it for myself! I'll never regret it! Not once!"

The Griffons below screeched, and some noticed him. He saw one careen away from the horde, surging towards him. Crocea Mors came free from her sheathe with a mighty rasp of steel on steel. The blade glinted.

"So fight with me," Jaune roared. "Help me! Come back and help me make a difference. I know you're still there, and I know you haven't given up. You're my soul. You're a part of me. Jaune Arc doesn't give up, so come! Come and fight!"

Something flickered inside of him. His eyes shone as he drew his family blade – as old, if not older than he – back above him. Both his hands wrapped about the hilt, fingers feeling that oh, so familiar leather.

His aura flared.

The blade came down.

"YOU'RE IN MY WAY!"

Damn that's some badass shit
Beer is food chapter 4 . 9/16
hmm

somehow i got the urge to install and play "The Bards Tale"

wonder if Jaune is gonna hear some old geezers voice who wants him to do stuff somewhere later in this fic... :o)
Kyo no Kitsune chapter 36 . 9/15
The reason people were suggesting he actually train... is because this life IS different from the previous times. He should be aware enough of that, considering it's his first time connecting with his family, being put onto the traditionally RWBY team, being involved in a bunch of these different scenarios, and ACTIVELY DOING SOMETHING while staying passive (contradictory, I know). Deciding not to train simply because it didn't work in the previous lives isn't stupid, it's downright retarded. Those previous lives he trained for the sake of fighting and gaining strength, in this life all he wants to do is survive and protect. Even if to just raise his base form a little higher than his pathetic current condition, training at least a little can do nothing but good. It's actually foolish to not train a little bit with his team in this situation rather than doing literally nothing of use during the time his team is working.
FaultyClone5150 chapter 51 . 9/15
Possibly one of my favorite fics of all time. My one complaint that I have is the ending. It seemed to abrubt and left too many questions unanswered. What was Fate trying to achieve after beacon? Why was it so important that Fate needed Jaune to reach that goal? How did Ruby and Pyyrha end up after all of this? You have a rare opportunity to build apon the incomplete lore of the RWBY world without seaming too intrusive, all thanks to your amazing storytelling. I really hope there is a sequel to this fic, one that explains all those questions and develops Jaune and his friends in a unique way. And damnit I need more Jaune x Weiss fluff.
MC Gaming369 chapter 51 . 9/13
So I read this story in about two days, and I want to say I loved it. I was almost crying at the last few chapters.
Parzival vi Britannia chapter 51 . 9/13
This is one of the beat fanfics ive read hands down. Easily top 10. Are you possibly ever going to continue this as new RWBY seasons come out? Also ive never shipped anyone in RWBY before but im like total S.S. Schaune now
User 627 chapter 1 . 9/12
I've noticed something about this story. Though, I haven't finished it yet, I can already see that if things aren't going according to plan, doesn't really seem to be any fault on Jaune's methods so far.

It's almost as if Fate literally has a mind of its own and trying to play games with him. Whenever Jaune tries to take the easy way out such as telling Ozpin or anyone else, he is punished severely.

And yes, I know that you've mentioned in the notes that Ozpin and Ironwood are looking for a spy at this point and Jaune's spewing out state secrets would get him into a lot of trouble, but I do have to point out that he doesn't even need to tell them personally. He could've just left an anonymous tip and lead it straight back to Cinder. With the way the story is playing out, I can already tell that that isn't going to work out.

It's almost as though he's being forced to play a game he doesn't want to. My point is: is that he's simply not being sent back in time period; he's being toyed with by some external force out of his control. Pretty horrific when you think about it.

Overall, a pretty enjoyable story. I'm actually a little intrigued that this is the first I've seen where Pyrrha doesn't necessarily like Jaune. Then again, I've yet to catch up to the latest chapter.
DeathScyther77 chapter 12 . 9/12
Well, Cardin IS an idiot, so he probably just didn't think about aura.
Parzival vi Britannia chapter 10 . 9/11
This is like the best fic EVER! Not a moment goes by where i can't breathe from laughing. I love this Jaune!
scaryorange chapter 32 . 9/11
this i getting kind of stupid :/
Bartfratze chapter 51 . 9/10
Don't worry, i think the reception you got for this story was stellar. Just like the story and the ending. There is a reason you are THE rwby fanfic author here.
8,480 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »