Reviews for A Lasting Spring
mystykldrack chapter 16 . 1/1
"What is it about him that you women find so alluring?" Oh, Raoul. I wish I could explain that to myself.

"It's the hat," Josephine deadpanned."
Pfffft, you had me guffawing at that. Gah, I wanna be like Josephine when I grow up, she's awesome. Josephine won't stand shit from Erik. And I loved the banter between them throughout the fic.

Bless those phic lists you and others have been posting in tumblr, thanks to that, I have top quality reading material :3

(I hope I'm making sense, english is not my first language)
MissyH316 chapter 5 . 7/19/2019
The story is going ok so far, but there are a couple of things in this chapter that bothered me a little.

One - Josephine reprimanding Erik about his position up in the flies. Really? REALLY? How does she think Erik, the terrifying Phantom of the Opera, has remained unseen all the time he's been there? He knows what he's doing; we know he's used several means to stay hidden from all the employees and audience members. Ok, there WAS Joseph Buquet, but we know how well THAT worked out for the drunken fool.

Two - The use of the term "personal space" in this time period sounds like an anachronism to me; just my guess but certainly I could be wrong.
kwat0 chapter 16 . 4/4/2019
I have more trouble reading ALW fics than Leroux ones because I can never get a feel for Erik in them properly, but he's great here. The excessive drinking, the abrasive, sharp tongue; he's vulnerable while self destructive and still hyper sensitive, I like it! Josephine totally suits his crude nature, they make a fine duo, two sad souls finding comfort and love with each other, they're both so bitter and messed up, it makes great reading. I really enjoy how you write these powerful women, like in unsung where Christine’s all backbone and fire, it's bloody marvellous. Read this in two days, a testament to how easy your writing flows, it's always hard to put down. And your saucy scenes are just that, so much fire! damn!
nadabethyname chapter 1 . 3/31/2019
Aw man I keep digging in and finding gold as I wait for you next chapter of out of the woods, the only thing I wonder is why have I waited so long? Love the geographical references as I’m currently doing similar research into belle epoch Paris and its exciting to understand your references. Your stories keep me warm and toasty as I sling chocolate at my weird, reclusive job. Thank you.
MotherOfDragons7 chapter 16 . 3/8/2019
Amazing story! I love how you got everyone’s characters spot on! I love Josephine she’s such a great character, excellent writing!
loveitifwemadeit chapter 1 . 9/28/2018
this is probably one of the best fan fics i have ever read. you’re an extremely talented writer. and i am HOOKED. i read some of your other one-shot/two-shots and i am shooketh. seriously. thank you for your stories.
Mai Ov chapter 16 . 8/24/2018
This story of yours is marvellous, and so well written that it took me through a plethora of emotions in the sole day in which I read it. Once I started, I couldn't put it down.
I began reading Phantom of the Opera fan fiction because it saddens me that Eric had such tragic end. I have read many stories so far, but yours is now among my top favourites. Thank you for sharing it
rosesandmusicsheets chapter 16 . 5/27/2018
IT’S. THE. HAT.
my god I don’t know how you’ve managed to get smut, fluff, and angst so perfectly intwined into a fic THAT ISNT E/C. I am continuously amazed by your talent! This fic deserve more reviews. Another favorite.
rosesandmusicsheets chapter 15 . 5/27/2018
FISH I CANT BELIEVE YOU.
rosesandmusicsheets chapter 14 . 5/27/2018
OH SNAP FISH YOUVE GOT ME UP AT 2 AM AGAIN. I gotta finish this now omg. Also, I appreciate and admire your crying/sobbing scene. It was beautifully written!
rosesandmusicsheets chapter 13 . 5/27/2018
FISH! this is probably one of the best smut chapters I’ve ever read. The use of music and comparing her to a viola. Omg amazing. And the fight at the end. Dude I’m dying. One of my faves.
rosesandmusicsheets chapter 11 . 5/26/2018
That was the most sexiest argument omg. So much tension I love it !
geb24601 chapter 16 . 9/14/2017
First off, let me just say, this was amazing! I've read some of your more recent fics (which I adore by the way) and just now got around to reading some older ones. I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner! I usually don't love fics where Erik is with someone besides Christine, but everything about this was just so perfect!the story was believable. The characters were written so wonderfully, and the way their relationship progressed was just perfect. Your writing is so beautiful. You just have a way with words. You are so talented and amazing! I can't wait to read more of your stories and anything you write in the future!
MargalitCohen chapter 1 . 7/5/2017
Hi. First, let me say that I've read all of your stories from beginning to end on this site, and they are wonderful. You and Melancholy's Child are my favorite Phantom of the Opera fanfiction authors. Second, I had meant to ask you this in private, but isn't allowing new members to pm until the 6th, so I'll just lay it out here. Would you be interested in writing a Phic with someone else's original character? Specifically mine? I ask because you are so good at writing both Canon and OC fics that I had to choose you to bring my character to life, since I'm not talented or patient enough to write my own Phic. I have no money to offer, but if you were to write this, I promise to read and review every chapter! Her name is Margot Joubert, a French and Shuadit(Judeo-Occitan)-speaking 16-year-old budding contralto from Toulouse, France. Her backstory and appearance is set, but the personality is up to you, as well as the story, save for it being a post-canon Phantom of the Opera fanfiction that features either a Leroux accurate Erik or an ALW stage-musical accurate Erik. Also, it is imperative that the history of both Jews and Anti-Semitism in France is addressed, along with the Franco-Prussian War.

History:
Margot Joubert is the orphaned daughter of Antoine Joubert, a Catholic former baron disowned by his family for marrying outside the faith, and Sara Joubert nee Cohen, a Jewish seamstress. Her parents died in a tragic carriage accident when she was 12, and from that point she lived with her widowed grandmother Esther Cohen until the age of 16, where she moved to Paris to stay with her uncle Isaac Cohen and his pregnant wife Reina. Margot is very close to her grandmother, who refers to her as Margalit and communicates with her only in Shuadit. While living in Paris, Margot auditioned for the Palais Garnier/Opera Populaire and was accepted as a member of the chorus.
Fun Facts: Margot Joubert is named after her aunt Margalit, who, at the age of 12, died of tuberculosis when Margot's mother Sara was 6 years old. Sara was the second child of four, being five years older than her sister Miriam and nine years older than her brother Isaac. Margot secretly owns a French-translated copy of Fanny Hill. Her favorite color is green.

Physical description (I shall be using imperial measurements because my memory of the metric system is tenuous at best):
5ft 4 1/2 in tall; 125 lbs; long, thick, coarse, wavy red hair that is often pinned back in a Gibson Girl-esque bun; slightly pointed ears; small, upturned, almond-shaped, grayish-cyan eyes fringed with short-yet-thick, dark gold curling eyelashes; strawberry blonde, curved eyebrows that are a little too thick to be fashionable; porcelain-pale, freckeled skin; cleft chin; slightly narrow, oval-shaped face; rounded, upturned nose that is either slightly too wide or slightly too short to be considered conventionally attractive; high but not prominent cheeks; sensuous mouth with full, often parted lips and relatively straight teeth; long and somewhat slender neck; short-palmed hands with long, slender fingers; thin wrists and ankles; stubby, bitten down fingernails; rosy fingertips that are more coral than pink in color; slender feet with long toes; long limbs; average sized bust, shoulders, and hips; relatively narrow waist; prominent bottom; somewhat thick thighs; soft-bodied figure; appearance is generally that of a boyish siren in turn-of-the-century French clothing.
You don't have to use all of these details; I just included them so that you could have a clear picture of her in your mind when writing the story, if you write the story.

I hope you like my Margot/are interested in writing this tale, and if that's not the case, I'm sorry that I've bothered you. Thank you for possibly reading this message.
S chapter 16 . 6/21/2017
I SO WISH YOUD USED THAT TITLE. THAT WAS A WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL FIC. (WHICH I THINK COULD HAVE A SEQUEL IN THEIR ADVENTURES AS A MARRIED COUPLE, MAYBE ADOPTING A CHILD, BUT THAT OF COURSE IS UP TO YOU). I THINK EVERYONE'S CHARCTERIZATION WAS ON POINT AS USUAUL AND YOU DID AMAZING. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, CANT WAIT TO KEEP READING YOUR FICS!