Reviews for Humanity's Rebirth
fresh prince1 chapter 18 . 3h
glad to see your not dead.
MarauderPrime12 chapter 18 . 6h
That they did.
CReaper210 chapter 18 . 7h
Great chapter. I do like that the chancellor is trying to be more peaceful and forthcoming with the Council races, even if it's only working with the Asari. I hope the others eventually come around too.

And the re-launch of the Voyager was nice too.

Looking forward to more :)
VanuSmilesUponYou chapter 3 . 9/19
Lol guess im wrong
VanuSmilesUponYou chapter 1 . 9/19
" Lord of Admirals" , i see what you did there. Forerunner era hummans, nice
Err, neutrino warhead? Neutrino's barely intreact with matter at all, the sun emits tons of them and they have a tendency to pass through planets without influencing anything. Much less ionized important biological bits to break them.

Neutron radiation on the other hand is nasty
cerfh chapter 1 . 7/13
Any chance of an update in the works?
Axcel chapter 4 . 7/1
Turians don't have civilians and officially do not recognize anyone on the opposing side as a non-combatant. This is tempered somewhat by their pragmatism in not attacking anyone who does not fight them, which is the only reason they are able to actually win any wars without exterminating the other side. Especially since that'd have, you know, extinguished their own species long before they reached space flight.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 6 . 6/21
After a thousand years of propaganda, and the idea this fight being for your species' very existence likely in the minds of all citizens from the time they could walk, a human government would not simply stop fighting in less than a year, roll over, and let the enemy go back to how they were with nearly no damage to themselves from before the war. Their economies will be back to how they were (or better because of human trade) within a few years. Ships (because planets were given back with minimal bombardment and little civilian death) will be rebuilt quickly, and will balloon to pre-war numbers to compete with humanity.

It's a recipe for disaster, and, if not for the Reapers that will show up later, would result in a Council fleet hovering above Earth for a second time within one or two generations. Idealism like that (and other examples that poke out, such as stupid things like RoE and Democratic trappings) would have been torn out of human society, and yet this story treats the UHE as basically being a suped up Alliance, with relatively the same culture.

One more thing. Up till last chapter, your story sent the vibe of "Wipe out all Xenos". Then suddenly Humans are hyper-moral beings that do no wrong. This is not good story telling. If that was your end-goal all along, you should not have, in Chapter 3, had Hacket say something like "We demand your UNCONDITIONAL surrender, and this will be your only chance". It's very jarring to go from one extreme to the other. You also should not have had him say something like that if you then intended for him to prosecute the war by throwing soldiers against millions of enemies for no reason when you could have just bombarded all enemies into submission. This tactic would not have resulted in any ground casualties, would have in the long run saved IMMENSE amounts of manpower no longer having to patrol enemy planets, and saved ships who would no longer have to patrol all captured enemy planets ensuring that they hadn't been liberated/built more ships. In short, it would have meant that the UHE wasn't "stalemated" in this chapter, like you've had happen. Again, if you wanted that to happen, you should have written so that they put up a better fight (perhaps through inventing some more tech in those 900 years, or not having humans having created so much tech).

I liked the first four chapters though, mate. :D
I don't mean to be hateful. Honestly, I can see why you decided to fall back on the rails of the Mass Effect story. Making your own new content is hard, and unless you wanted this story to be pretty short, you'd have to go on to do something else after the defeat of the Council. A crossover with Halo or Stargate, or something.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 5 . 6/21
Xenophile Shepard, eh?
TheWildCanuck chapter 6 . 6/19
This story appears wonderfully written, and I look forward to reading it in its entirety. Indeed, the reference to the final speech from The Great Dictator, made by the great Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin, was an addition that I enjoyed immensely. That said, I couldn't help but notice that there was no mention of its inclusion, and thereby no mention of its origins; which I find to be rather disconcerting. I don't wish to seem intrusive, but I've always found the doctrine of, 'credit where credit is due' to be a particularly important aspect of writing. In any case, magnificent work, it is certainly worth the read.
cerfh chapter 17 . 6/17
like where you're going with this looking forward to reading the next chapter
talon2007 chapter 17 . 6/7
enjoying it so far
SaintMichael95 chapter 11 . 6/2
I really like the story so far, but I don't care for the romance aspect. I just don't think it really adds anything to the plot. If the romance wasn't there, the story would be relativey unchanged.
KE12 chapter 17 . 5/30
Well you have my attention with this story. Keep up the good work!