Reviews for Running to Stand Still
EnjoyingObsession chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
The lyrics fit in perfectly and added a nice touch of dreaminess to the starkly real story. Good job.
volitaire chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
This was fabulous. The fandom needs more stories where April doesn't just off herself to spite Roger and quickly evaporate their whole relationship together. Her 'determination' over the course of the night's events, and her almost debauched acceptance of her HIV status and her choice of lifestyle make her road to suicide almost enjoyable and justified. Everyone always accuses her of taking the coward's way out (which I guess is true) but your take on this makes it seem like less of a planned gesture and more of a melodramatic breakdown of a junkie (which is *more* true.) And because Roger is preoccupied with things like chatting up a lamp and coming down, her death hits him more slowly than immediate shock when he walks into the bathroom. I admire how he doesn't freak out or go into denial just yet, but merely contemplates how peacefully she may have went. Excellent job!
the-fraulein chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
oh this was good! very good! i love rent and i love u2 and incorporating both made my week. really good portrayal of Roger. :)
Anna chapter 1 . 1/23/2003
Being an ever-responsible fanfic reader, I am fufilling my duty of reviewing and let me just say that was Great! you've got great talent. And I not a good reviewer so uh...thanks for the story
Liss1 chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
wow. This was really unique and extremely well written. I loved the reuse of "...and Roger had always loved that about her." It's a beautiful line, and worked perfectly. I'd love to see more from you.
Katie chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Rent and U2. Two of the best things on the planet. This was beautiful.
Lola chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
I... don't know if my last review went through, so here I am again. As I was saying, this rocks. How fabulously sad. You need to write more stuff, now. Yeah.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2003