Reviews for Like Sands Through the Hour Glass
DearChibico chapter 19 . 6/22
Whoa. That chapter was frickin gooooooddd
DearChibico chapter 18 . 6/22
OMIGOD it never clicked that this was some fever dream of hers! Boy am I slow haha
bookbabe711 chapter 19 . 6/21
This chapter was so good! I love how her firebending ties into the chakras and energy itself and the intricacies of electricity as opposed to the overwhelming power of lightning. People often overlook the delicate nature of electricity and it’s relation to the brain and I love that you’ve brought that to this story! Looking forward to your next chapter!
XxAwkwardAlienxX chapter 19 . 6/12
THIS IS SO GOOD OHMYGOD YES
BooksandBrownies chapter 19 . 6/10
Your characterizations are fantastic, to the point where it's a bit painful to read at times (dang it Katara). I just found this fic and devoured it in one sitting, I can't wait to read more! Thanks for posting, and have a good day!
Maryam Clarus chapter 19 . 6/9
aw, don't tell me they'll leave her behind for being what she is? come on jet, don't let this get in the way of all the things you two have done and come to chapter though, thank you
This was beautiful? I love this and you.
I really like this story. Most have the OC join the gang straight off and starts changing things but I adore that you’ve shown Lien has a life and is her own person BEFORE sticking her with the group. That shes a firebender who, not only uses bending to create, but isn’t really a fighter just makes this better. So many in Avatar are set on ‘firebender means evil’ yet here’s Lien using it to make something beautiful and to heal. It’s awesome and I really hope this gets them thinking in new perspectives. Yes fire burns and destroys, but it also cooks food, keeps you warm, lights up the dark, and in Lien’s case it’s a work of art. I really hope the others can come to see that as well because Lien’s not the only one who’s sick of their attitudes. Yes I get that Lien’s got her own faults but trying to kill her was way too far. Katara is blaming her for everything the firenation has ever done wrong despite her never having met another firenation person until she left the desert with them. I know you mentioned liking Katara as a character but please have her at least acknowledge she’s in the wrong because right now it feels like she’s getting away with attempted murder scott free. Heck, I have a feeling that even Jet is going to be more accepting of Lien being a firebender than Katara. Speaking of I really hope she stays friends with the Freedom Fighters. Longshot and Smellerbee seem to have accepted her to a degree and honestly the poor girl needs some real friends who aren’t wishy washy and willing to turn on her every time their mood changes.
Rambler chapter 19 . 6/3
Aaaah wonderful chapter as always! The aftermath of the fight was satisfying, and I’m glad that Lien finally left. The fever dream was interesting in how things could’ve gone differently, and how /Lien/ couldve gone differently. The “Jeong-Jeong is Zhao’s father” bit was an intriguing bit of worldbuilding that I especially enjoyed. Is the coma- along with various other dreams- a little bit of foreshadowing for a spiritual affinity? I doubt the spirits would take kindly to being summoned at will for someone else’s bidding, but maybe as a priest of Wan Shi Tong (hypothetically of course) she could summon fox assistants for transport and protection? She’s already astral projecting to the library, and although that’s mostly the owl’s doing, she’ll probably memorize the way for herself eventually. The most recent chapter I’ve probably reread a good half dozen times, Lien’s reaction to Katara and genuinely having some lasting trauma is nicely done what with her general reserved-ness. I wonder when they’ll end up reconvening and how this will affect Katara’s development in the Southern Raiders episode. The chakra healing was also a fantastic bit, probably the most impressive thing they’ve seen her do yet, and I’m glad that Smellerbee and Longshot didn’t just drop her. I just hope Jet (if he doesn’t die like in canon) manages to see past her bending. Or if he does die I hope he does so before dying. Uhh, other stuff... can she lightning bend? What with her knowledge of chakras and self awareness and general peace with herself I’d have to say so. Maybe she’s in the catacomb fight and she reverse engineers the theory from library tomes and form from Azula’s physical demonstration. Idk. I’m also looking foreword to seeing Lien interact with the Water Tribe army. Will they all keep her at arms length like Katara? Will they try pumping her for info on firebending? Having seen and fought firebenders in action for years, what will they think of her self made freestyle? I can’t wait for the next chapter!
lissette0512 chapter 19 . 6/2
Broooooo! I've been waiting for this chapter for so long, and I cannot wait until the next. Keep up the good work!
MrCcoz chapter 19 . 6/2
Glad to see the update
Paprika6 chapter 19 . 6/1
well at least she get the job done.
faerybound chapter 19 . 6/1
asdffghjkl; you updated! i love your writing so much, and everything seems so deliberate and it's great. i absolutely love how you characterize (and yes they are very complex), so thank you so much for updating! honestly i'm lowkey getting vibes that there's like. interdimensional aspects to lien because of the whole dreamwalking stuff and some other stuff in this chapter (is Aladdin a thing in atla universe? America?) anyways thanks again!
tylermech66 chapter 19 . 6/1
fire healing for the win!
i'd forgotten about that, or was this the first time (looks off into distance) I might have to reread...
please update faster, at least within a few months instead of, erm…. half a year? (I cant remember)

anyway, cant wait for more, especially the continued pushing the edge of what fire bending can do! :D
Angelicsailor chapter 19 . 6/1
Oh wow this is gonna be one of the best chapters of this story I can already tell it was so interesting!