Reviews for Team 7's Ascension: Lines in the Sand
Hope to see a third book!
Vaanarash chapter 20 . 6/15
So, found this story earlier this week, read the 1st chapter before realizing it was a sequel, then started Blood Wings and read all the way through both.

Overall, great couple of stories, arguably the most realistic war stories I've read in the Naruto fandom, particularly in the way that things go wrong despite Konoha's best efforts. It reminds me of a line from a British mini series about WW1 where an experienced soldier says to a new guy "that's the problem with you young men, you've never fought a war before, so you forget that there's another army fighting this one as well. We won't always have things our own way". Too many fanfics have someone do something different and don't actually have the other side react to those changes.

I liked both the different skillsets and more competent attitudes that you gave Team 7, while still having them not just make mistakes, but downright stupid mistakes. I'd actually hoped that that was your intention when you split them up and put Naruto under Danzo's leadership, was that however much they might hate the guy, that they'd learn the valuable lessons he was trying to impart on them. Sadly, it seemed to me that they refused to learn those lessons out of arrogance and sheer spite at times.

On the subject of their skillsets, I did find that to at times be very erratic. In one chapter the 3 of them are overrun by 15 Chuunin. In another, Sasuke and Sakura take on what I'd assume to be elite members of the Wind Daimyo's guard with little problem, then in another chapter Sasuke and Naruto take on the entire rebel army and not only survive, but are able to then go toe to toe with 3 or 4 S rank ninja afterwards, then manage to assasinate another with ease.

And on that topic, I loved your portrayal of Danzo, as it's rare to see him shown as anything other than a cheesy cartoon villain or power hungry warmonger. That said, I was surpised by how quickly they turned on Danzo. Yes, they had just found out that Danzo had a ton of Sharingan that he could only have gotten from the Uchiha Massacre. At best, that made him a fucked up, but still loyal shinobi(honestly, what does everyone think Konoha did with all of those Sharingan? Destroyed them out of respect for the dead?) at worst it made him a grave robber. But he was still a man who had literally not just saved their lives, but used those Sharingan to bring Team 7 back from the dead. The fact that they turned on him so easily was not only surprising, but seemed rushed.

Those two things aside, I well and truly enjoyed this story, and would love to see another sequel. There's plenty of plot threads left for another fic or two.

Peace, Vaan.
I appreciate the respect Hiruzen gets in this fic. He is capable of so much more than people portray, even at this age.
TheGenral chapter 20 . 6/1
honestly this sequel awas very lack luster and team 7 didnt realy set them selves apart
CapriSunnyD chapter 1 . 5/13
Somewhere along the lines the legendary "Team 7" became just another team. In the first story you went on and on about how they are supposed to be the next legends, they will take on much harder missions and enemies, and that they would be a level above their generation. What happened to all of that? They have become almost so generic that it is hard to tell them apart from other run-of-the-mill chunin. They have zero uniqueness.

Naruto can use suiton like Tobirama! Well who cares? Other than being used almost exclusively as a way to drink water, it has been borderline useless. Sasuke can use a sword and has some medical knowledge now! Who cares? He has been gimped for nearly a year and has lostmost of what made him Sasuke. Sakura can... she can do some stuff! What exactly is Sakura's roll in this story? She can do genjustu pretty well and is kind of smart. She is so basic that it is painful.

They have had so long to be better but they feel so meh. You have other characters from their generations that have caught up or surpassed them already. Everyone seems to be moving forward but your main 3 characters, which is ridiculous with what you've made them go through.
Aaaaaaa please continue this ITS SO GOOD.

Your work is very much appreciated. :)
This story has been a truly amazing read cant wait to read the next 1
Nine tails sage chapter 20 . 4/13
Can you please tell me when are you going to issue the next chapter/ sequel. Or have you abbadoned this story.
Apart from this I also want to tell you that it us one of the most realistic fanfics I have every read and my favourite too.
Demento56 chapter 20 . 4/11
Team 7's Ascension turned out to be a much better story than I was expecting. Thanks for writing it.
luanreis chapter 20 . 3/31
I just have to say, I love your wirriting and I loved this history, thank you so much for all the good time it gave me, really thank you.
StefanosM chapter 20 . 3/26
wow... what an incredible ride these two stories were... amazing! Here's to hoping there's more? Will definitely read Tessen now that your skill has been fully understood as anything but concrete...
Rowyaboat13 chapter 1 . 2/12
I read both your Team 7's series a few months back and am eagerly awaiting the next installment! Please write the next installment, I think they are so amazing, I would swallow my dignity and get on my knees to beg you!

I must admit that I seldom review, even when I read a mind-blowing story. You and one other author have encouraged me to create a new account (I forgot my old one) just to review and implore you to continue.

This is quite simply the best series and the best Naruto fiction I have ever read and I have read thousands (literally). You will break my heart if you were not to continue. You really dig into the gritty truth of the aspects of being a shinobi, have the best plot of any story and the most well written characters.

This is the wish of a lifetime for me and I have never hoped for anything more. Please find it in your heart to grant my wish and write it. I implore you!

Yours faithfully,

Rowyaboat13
mamajensen827 chapter 1 . 1/16
I absolutely loved these two books. It's always fun to see where the team would be if they were actually taught in the beginning, especially Sakura. Hinata was a bummer, but I see why it happened. Sasuke is not my favorite cannon character by far, but I really liked him in your stories. Well done!
infinite eternity chapter 10 . 1/1
Aww this makes me anxious. Many emotions.
infinite eternity chapter 9 . 1/1
YAYYYYYYYYYY! This makes me so happy for some reason. Naruto is really strong. I mean, I would beg the Kyubi for chakra the moment I scraped my knee. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration.