Reviews for A Father First, Damn It!
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 1 . 12/6
I would love to explore more idea fics on this as I always felt like its something they should have done. That or make one of themselves the secret keeper or do both.
Nicely written.
Marj123 chapter 1 . 12/3
Great! (Makes for a very short story, of course!)
Love
LJ Summers chapter 1 . 11/24
A much more sensible alternative. Thank you!
Tracey Young chapter 1 . 11/6
This makes much more sense than the wimpy canon whimper. On their way out they should have picked up Frank and Alice, and Neville, too. IMO.
tyrannicpuppy chapter 1 . 11/4
Less light-hearted? I think that it was the opposite. It's all about love and sensibility. Trusting in family and security over hope and spells. It was utterly brilliant and I loved every second of it.
ArtemisJackson1205 chapter 1 . 11/4
Hmm, so this would result in Neville Longbottom being The-Boy-Who-Lived...
Gina chapter 1 . 10/28
LOVED it. I'd really like to see more of it, especially Dumbledore's reaction!
ZeonReborn chapter 1 . 10/24
I think this is the first and only time I've actually seen this idea laid out; which in hindsight, makes me wonder why more people haven't tried it in their writing.

It's certainly tossing a rock in the pond; I wish there was more to come. The implications for the future plot of this are... interesting.
Adonisx chapter 1 . 10/21
this is awesome. I almost wished you continued it!
Shadow Eclipse chapter 1 . 9/26
love it
first fic i've seen actually where this choice is made
wish it was longer but love it for it's simplicity
balicard chapter 1 . 9/15
I agree I've never seen them leave but I have seen harry question about why they didn't
Hank1967 chapter 1 . 7/19
Great job! Makes much more sense than the canon... Wish you would turn it into a novel. You've done a great job characterizing everyone only to stop here.
This James I like although I could kick his balls in for abandoning Remus.

Yeah, the old "hey, my kid is going to be targeted by terrorists - I know, let's hang around an' see what happens!11!" bullshit just doesn't seem right. James wasn't said in canon to be Mr Brains but Lily certainly had enough intelligence to get the hell outta Dodge... (Although I still believe Albus set them all up to be Voldie fodder so he could get his hands on the appropriate prophesy kid.)

I'd love to read a "reaction" chapter - how Albus flipped out when his canon fodder up and left, how Remus figured it all out (that would take a chapter or so of its own) and remembered hearing a brief mention of the Potter properties in other countries by James when he was half-bragging one night in the dorm and then scours until he finds the exact property via Ministry searching in those countries, how Peter pays for not knowing where they went, how Severus feels when he realizes everything (maybe he finds them in France and calmly proceeds to just be happy they're safe and 'forgets' that he knows), etc.

Then an intermediate chapter where Albus either allows Harry's name to be entered in the goblet or he does it himself but because Lily is amazing, she has so many wards up in general and protections on Harry (and their now other children) that the "contract" doesn't "stick" and so that's done. Oh, and Hermione is so incredibly disillusioned about Hogwarts that, over her first Christmas, she finds out about the other wizarding schools and transfers to...you guessed it...Beauxbatons and eventually meets Harry and Fam in the largest and busiest magical shopping district in Paris, etc... ... ...

And then an epilogue chapter about how The Potter Family (with 5 kids and Harry with Hermione) eventually makes a triumphant return to England, maybe, wehre their antique heritage is after something something Tom's neutralized (maybe the muggle PM gets sick of his people dying/going missing and they take Tom out, disband the Wizeng. and build a new govt, etc.).

And stuff.
The sous chapter 1 . 7/2
why didnt you continue it?