Reviews for The Second Night
Aileil chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Thank you for the healing of the bond between Pippin and Gandalf. It needed to be done.
Bushwah chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Very good! Another thing I never knew about Pippin/Gandalf. I seem to be learning a lot about them today!
Persephone Kore chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Oh dear. Well, I *can* see why he would blame himself for the Balrog, and it must be very alarming to have Gandalf grouchy at you, especially once you've seen what he can do.
Valinor Sunset chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
This is a great story. I've always thought of Pippin being somewhat intimidated by Gandalf, and you portray this quite well.
LinZE chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
loved this - thanks for sharing
Linds
Imp chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
The dialogue between Gandalf and Pippin after the hobbit wakes is lovely. It captures to an amazing extent the tone of the books, and naturally the characters - and Tolkien's characters are wonderful.

I found the dream only slightly awkward. The description and structure felt somewhat less sound. However, on the whole, this was very good. Too little are the characters written now as they were meant to be; and too often they are twisted. This was a refreshing departure from that which is considered writing in the LOTR section.

Toodles - IMP
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
Very touching and well written.
Indus Belethil chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
What a touching heart-to-heart! It's nice to see a purely Gandalf/Pip piece. I quite enjoyed the way the wizard saved the wee 'fool of a Took' from the dream, and set things right concerning all the things Gandalf had said to him. I believe their personalities were wonderfully portrayed. As always: exceptional!

-Indus Belethil-
Pearl Took chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
This was good, very touching!
Pompey chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
Ack! Sorry, Kate. I left the "r" out of your last name. There's no escape from typos I guess.
Herald7 chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
I was wondering if anyone would do a story about their journey to Minas Tirith. Very nice :)
Pompey chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
Kate Fairbain, you are absolutely right about the typo. Serves me right for typing up stories after midnight. Good catch.

Everyone, thank you for your kind words! Reviews are happy happy things.
shirebound chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
This is just delightful! Gandalf and Pippin certainly had a lot of time to talk on that journey; I hope you continue this!
Kate Fairbairn chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
Thank you very much! This is a nice gap-filler.

I just noticed one tiny grammatical error in this sentence: It Gandalf the White, but a Gandalf as the wizard had never seen himself.

should be "It was Gandalf..."
Rose Cotton chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
This is very cute and sweet. My book canon-loving heart applauds your accurate characterization and details. Great work!