Reviews for When Instinct Falls
Lexisings chapter 98 . 9/11
There’s no need to apologize for a short chapter. Stop feeling guilty, you take time out of your day to write this story for us and yet feel guilty about making a chapter shorter than the rest? Don’t apologize, I promise you we don’t care.
Muxeum chapter 119 . 6/26
*clapping* BRAVO BRAVO that was incredible
the only wolf lord chapter 118 . 4/19
damn, bad end for nick there, but hey! we'll see what the future holds for our intrepid fox and rabbit duo. looking forward to the squeal, and a damn fine read this has been.
Thrash Evaine Lovelocke chapter 1 . 3/28
It must be going on about three years since last I read this introductory piece of what would soon become a very well-renowned piece of work. Although only a minor piece, I like to think that my old reviews played at least some part in its early evolution. Well, I'm back. And there is a whole new person reading.

A simple and straightforward start. I remember at least somewhat how it sounded back when I was fourteen and reading. It is still as clever and self-fulfilling as I remember it. A truly successful prologue. I have a long way to go, but I have no doubt it will be worth it to see it all again with older and more trained eyes.
The Awesome Novice Writer chapter 73 . 3/6
First of all, I got to say that your A/N said that this chapter was done in 2016. Jesus, that's a while back. Back when I first started reading this story.

Anyway, not much to say right now, I've been drinking so I'm not at my best for reviewing, but this was light hearted chapter that I still enjoyed. I really like that even though Nick and Judy are away from the main city, events are still playing out in the background with our without them.

Also, it makes me laugh that Bogo wanted to punish them, but instead, they're living it up in a way. Like, as Nick puts it, kind of a vacation.

Hopefully I'll read another chapter tomorrow and it won't take me months to read and review.
giftheck chapter 119 . 2/8
What an intense way to end this story! I can't wait to start on what's next!
CameraSkunk chapter 38 . 2/4
I had a feeling that our flappy bat friend was not dead. To easy, and no body.

This was an interesting twist though, with Nick giving back the pendent. It will be interesting to see how that effects the interactions between him and Nick going forward. He just returned the bat's only item to remember his lost family by. Given all of the anger in previous chapters its surprising that the bat didn't take that exact opportunity to handle his revenge once and for all.

I would be interested to see an interaction between Jack, Judy, and Nick after this as well. They did pull the wool over his eyes pretty decently.
Dude you need to write a book, this is phenomenal.
Malik-Elalaoui chapter 119 . 1/8
its great to see that Nick does not take his retire of the ploliceforce too hard.
and i really could picture him as a detective.
but i read too many stories where he becomes a politician/mayor, that i cant imagine him as something else. :D
so i cant wait how things will go with Nicks new career (especially with his dark past).
and i am also glad to see Al changing for the better.
he finally saw that his wish for peace can become reality without his war.
and i wonder what will happen if he finds out that Iluka did spill some beans to Nick and Judy.
well... only the future will tell. :)
Author's Note:

I KNEW IT! i was 100% sure that in the sequel Vladzotz will discover Mr Bigs involvment to his familys death. why else did Iluka mention it in the end. xD

about the future of WNF. i would definitely like to read the sequel. and this time, i will be here at the start and not when its already updated with chapter 50.
but i also would like to see drabble stories.
especially Bogos concern about fraternization of Judy and Nick Vladzotz and Lucys wedding.
so i would say, how about the full sequel and if you need a longer break, then do some short chapters in between with those short drabbles.
that way you can take some time out of the next chapter and you still can give the readers something to read.

and i am really sorry to here that you have some problems with real life.
your health/private life matters more and you should do what is best for you.
because if you are at 100%, then its also better for the fanfiction. so everyone wins. ;)
take your time and stay healthy!

thanks again for your hard work and your engagement!
this story of yours really made my day everytime i read it.
i cant read it frequently because i also have a lot with work and family to do.
but every time on my breaks at work or when i am waiting somewhere, i take my phone out and read WIF.
and sorry again, that it took me too long to get to the end and that i couldnt reading the chapter on release date.

and sorry i didnt wish you a merry christmas and happy new year.
time flew really over my head and i had to work on that time of the year.
even while this pandemic i have to work fulltime and its hard to read fanfiction when you get home tired.

well... that it. i hope you could understand what i wrote here.
you know... i am just a german speaking dude. took me some time to write this and to correct the grammar and misspells. xD
thanks again and i cant wait to continue your story! (ツ)
Malik-Elalaoui chapter 118 . 1/1
this chapter is the most perfect grand finale i ever red in a Zootopia fanfiction!
i never thought that Al will get captured.
i was pretty sure he will escape the scene and we ill have to find him again in the next story.
but every thing has an end.

and i love the ending, where we see the new generation starting their carier as cops.
its sad that we wont have Nick for a while because of his injury.
but i am sure Mary and Harlan will take good care of Judy till Nick is back.
(i know they said he have to retire but maybe he will fight his way back. i hope so.)

and by the way.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(its never to late to say this, but sorry for the posponed review and new years wish)
GrandTouring chapter 119 . 12/18/2020
I just wanted to congratulate you on finishing WIF. I know I'm somewhat late (things got stressful, I know I say that a lot) but seriously. This is an amazing milestone you've achieved. Honestly I find it hard to believe. I remember reading this when it first came out 4 years ago (I think that's how long it's been). To see it finally fleshed out is...awesome. I'm sorry if I sound off, I'm just sort of taken aback.

The ride was absolutely worth it. You've been a huge inspiration to me and my writing over these 4 years, despite me being in-and-out with this fandom.

And what a perfect way to cap it off too! Nick Wilde going into public policy, it feels so fitting for him. I feel like all the characters had fitting send offs too, but Nick being my favorite, I couldn't help but mention him first.

Like I said, the fact that you kept writing for this story after all this time is amazing to me. I'm excited to see what else you write in the future, I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Congratulations!
sizUpur4 chapter 46 . 12/16/2020
Outback island must be an amazing place to vacation despite all the crime and tourists, Nick and Judy are lucky to be able to go. You make me want to visit Australia all of a sudden.
Tony Moonstone chapter 119 . 12/15/2020
This story was EPIC!
Such a story. So Extensive and so good in depth.
I LOVED all the characters good and bad and some downright annoying.
It was such a Beautiful story.
Probably the longest Zootopia story I've ever read.
Thanks for making this story enjoyable for me to look forward to reading after a long day.
I will be eager to read the sequel when its released.
I do have a single suggestion.
Why don't you have Harlan team up as Judy's new partner on the force?
Take care and be safe.
Keep writing and I'll continue reading!

Take care and be safe
sizUpur4 chapter 45 . 12/13/2020
I understood that reference!
sizUpur4 chapter 44 . 12/13/2020
Okay so I'm starting to reach the point where I've remembered just about everything now that I'm going through again, but I'm gonna keep going because this is one of my favorites. These earlier sections aren't as top quality as your present work, but it's still good stuff. The lore about the marine mammals is really cool, I wish we had seen some in the movie.
5,305 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »