Reviews for When Instinct Falls
urfaves chapter 24 . 10/25
We're now going to note that it is 100% accurate and reasonable for the resolution of the third arc to still be drawn out in this way! Its appreciated that even though the case is over, our author really highlights that some left over feelings still remain, for both of them.
Heavy stuff, and I mean HEAVY stuff has been revealed over the last couple chapters, and it's not something to just be glossed over after the case is over and done, and this chapter honestly shows that in a really subtle but significant way.
urfaves chapter 21 . 10/25
I swear the creators of Zootopia themselves actually collaborated with upplet, because the whole feel of this book is so real it's crazy. I'll say it again: the conflicts are reasonable and the fights aren't overdramatic- each character is developed so nicely and so true- it's almost as if we're watching the sequel!
And the way Nick's past was written is stunning and so creative.
urfaves chapter 14 . 10/25
Okay! Where to start?
I was trying to find a good stopping place to write a nice honest review, and by now, many elements have already developed so this is the perfect place to say-
First off, this is my second time reading this story, and to new readers, yes ! This was worth reading twice.
Second, this is a long book. My go-to stories are all pretty short, but this one somehow made it into my top ten list- and here's why.
The characters are so real. Our author did a wonderful job of preserving Judy and Nick's personalities and building a whole relationship around it.
The beach fight scene: it was so perfect and it shows that really, truly, their relationship isn't flawless! We all knew that they would clash on certain things, they're polar opposites and Nick has his habits and that one scene really shows that. It also shows even though they are polar opposites, they still accepted and loved that about each other.
It was written amazingly, and it made for a beautiful transition in what's to happen next!
Wildemen chapter 118 . 10/24
The payoff was as delicious as I had imagined it to be. Karmic justice for Al, the city is saved, but not without repercussions of a believable sort, and Nick and Judy get a semi happy ending. Definitely bittersweet. I love it. A beautiful ending to a beautiful story. Well, the epilogue at least still remains. I will await its arrival.
YourFriendBastoz chapter 118 . 10/24
Well, that's an interesting closure to the story! Will be interested in what lies ahead. I wonder how will Nick end up after this. Enjoy a rest, you deserve it after writing this long and fun journey.
Comphellong chapter 118 . 10/23
Super climactic chapter! An great finale to a great story. jaja the epilogue has me interested! I can't wait!
J Shute chapter 118 . 10/21
So it seems the story will be going on, with Nick and Judy splitting up. Hmmm... Lots of places that could go, and given that the previous scenes with our wolf and sheep were some of my favourite of this fic, I'll certainly be giving the sequel a go.

As for Nick, lets see where life takes our wheely boy.
myklandrei501 chapter 47 . 10/21
I am sorry I am late I wanted to read this when it is complete but. is Jhon Haddock Captain Archibald Haddock from the Adventures of Tintin?
Wrong Password chapter 118 . 10/18
Well, what an ending, upplet, and congrats on getting all the way! I stumbled on your fic just about four years ago, when it was about thirty chapters long... how quickly it's flown by. It's been a great ride, and it's a shock, really, to see this finally coming to a conclusion. It's been a blast to follow and I'm looking forward to the epilogue and the sequel!
grishjae29a chapter 118 . 10/18
Is it really almost over? I still can't believe it. aaaahhh why can't it go on forevere? I'm gonna miss it so much, your writing has been such an inspiration.
I do like the finale! What a fight! The action is incredible, I love it. I'm glad Nick's mother made it out unscratched, but I guess the same can't be said for Nick, wow. I wonder what will come of the injury. I can't wait to find out in the epilogue!
Berserker88 chapter 118 . 10/18
Damn, what a final battle. Intense, dramatic, and epic all around. Really gets across the feeling of two desperate heroes facing down a monster, and against all odds, coming out on top anyway. In the end, I do feel sorry for Al, and hope that a less horrific version of his ideals do come to pass in the future. With Nick out of commission in the ZPD and having a more personal connection to it all than most, perhaps he's just the mammal to accomplish this.

A bittersweet, but mostly heartwarming finale. Well done, and can't wait for the epilogue. :)
SkylordF chapter 118 . 10/18
Yes, this was a good dense chapter full of many things, it had some action, it had life things with emotion and a good wrap up at the end. I've enjoyed this whole thing very much and i am exited to see the last chapter!
mhiggs678 chapter 118 . 10/17
this has been a long, incredible ride! so sad to see it come to an end! I'll be printing it out over the holidays and binding it to go proudly on the shelf of great fictions!
Spelter chapter 118 . 10/17
Wow, I don't know where to begin with. The fight was thrilling, Nick's knee hurt, Al's ending, the fluff in the hospital and the sad ending was just awsome.

Thank you for staying with us and give us this great story. I look forward to the epilogue and hopefully, a successor *active cat eyes* please?

I really could see Nick get into City Hall and change how city gives money to the districts, make it more fair and bring hope. After the newspapers Nick made, he could make an entrance to politics and tell people he wants to make the city better while Judy is on the beat. People would vote for her hero who saved the city and paying a high price for it.

Or both get promoted to detective so they dont need to run and Nick could be with his wife.

So many possibilities for the next chapter in their life. But I know you already have it in your mind.
imjustlikehumphery chapter 118 . 10/17
Great chapter and finale upplet, keep it up! After everything that's happened with Al I'm glad that all the injuries that Nick and Judy got didn't end up killing them. It sucks that Nick's busted kneecap is gonna force him into early retirement but maybe he'll take Harlen and Mary's advice on becomin a politician. He sure could make a difference in regards to how some of the lesser districts are treated but guess we shall see how that plays out. Also can't forget that it seems that Nick's parents are growin closer together now. Maybe Olivia was right that John has changed for the better. Can't wait for the epilogue! I wanna see what the sequel has in store as well as how this one ends.
5,234 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »