Reviews for Deus Ex: Proteus
mechanicalangel90 chapter 14 . 7/2/2018
I’ve only just got round to reading chapter 14. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Brilliant. :)
xoanmeira chapter 14 . 4/24/2018
This is probably the best piece of writing I have read in years, the way you've structured the bond between Madison And Adamn is actually. Kind of mesmerizing and innate in its nature, its a shame they didnt get the break in stress they obviously needed, but I cannot wait for the next chapter!
ecoolasice chapter 14 . 1/8/2018
My entry to the Deus Ex series was Mankind Divided. And (not sure how) I think it would be cool if there was a shock (a bombing perhaps?) to Adam's system so that he discovers the hidden Augs. (And how they got there? Idk) just a thought.
Savage Kill chapter 13 . 11/30/2016
Whoo! Update!

I'm going to guess that the reason that Adam tends to hold his breath whenever he enters his living room to see if Madison is there is no doubt the fact that he can trust her, or it's the fact that he no doubt doesn't have a friend like her. (Speaking of, dose she not stay at the apartment that she was given or dose she tend just to spend her days at Adam's?)

So he's out of a job and is making his way into even more trouble. No doubt that he's going to get some entertainment along the way.

So, Madison's blood in on the market or well in Megan's hands. What a bitch! (By the way, is that somehow going to be incorporated into Mankind Divided when and if you place it in your story?) Though if that's a bad thing, well it is but still! Maybe with her blood out and about she could use it to have the enemy come to her...

So I take it that her enhancements help her with about everything, like her speed and calculation about certain things.

Update soon!
reddevil47 chapter 13 . 11/30/2016
I'm actually glad characters like Janus and Alex are in this story, I mean as far as canon it's a fanfic so u might as well change things as you see fit
RelentlessCrusader chapter 12 . 11/7/2016
Definitely one of the most story heavy Deus Ex fanfics I have read so far.

I am not sure what to feel about Megan, but she comes across as a kind of a prick to me. But I do really wonder what does Adam Jensen see in her.

Madison really intrigues me since nanotech augmentation must be at least twenty or so years ahead in the Deus Ex universe. But maybe it's a prototype of the nanotech augmentation seen in future?

By the way, I love how you have written Pritchard, he's really cool and I love the snarking moments.

I would like some advice on writing a Deus Ex fanfic since I am working on my own, do you mind sending me a PM since I would like to ask a few questions?
Savage Kill chapter 11 . 9/21/2016
Yeah for some reason I'm seeing her being thrown off a rather high building or somewhere in the air to test the Decent mod. Must of been the scare of her life. With her eyes, (sense I've read ahead and whatnot) were the implants (if that's what they're called) for Madison's eyes somewhat like a contact when placed in and then fused with her eyes?

In all honesty I think Megan is a real bitch. Not caring for anything but progress of work that would help with, well with whatever she's working on... Love on how you had it where Madison stared her down and give what she thought of the woman at first glance with just her head nod along with what she knew about augs. Though for some reason i don't think Megan really cares about that all to much, much more interested in what was in her blood and under the skin that makes her tick.

update soon!
Savage Kill chapter 12 . 9/21/2016
Universal language of anti-social. grunts... lol. (For some reason I'm thinking of cavemen and their own communications with grunts and groans... I have no idea why.)

I'm a little confused, with her weapons dose Madison wear some type of coat over them or dose she have a way to make them blend in and still have them out in the open?

I'm sure that Adam is going to get more surprises upon seeing that Madison has almost the same enhancements as him and no doubt some things hidden without knowing, which no doubt will come handy later on. I'm betting that with her enhanced senses that Madison tends to get whiffs of rather strong smells even if it's just some chemical in the air.

I have to say, you sure know how to paint a picture with your words. I'm imagining that the warehouse that they're in is something like you would see from The Last of Us.

For some reason I'm seeing Madison saying something to Pritchard (when he's annoying her or something close to it) that would make him shut up right away while Jensen tried to keep his laughter under control.

Be sure to update soon!
Pyro chapter 12 . 9/17/2016
Impressive tale you're weaving here. I wonder if Madison even realizes that some part of her trusts Adam at her back yet? Hope life gives you the time to continue this, it's absolutely captivating.
Appletank chapter 12 . 9/2/2016
...Well, you have impressed me. There really aren't a lot of good, long fics for ol' Jensen. Your OC is well constructed, and your plot enthralling. Also has the same atmosphere as HR itself, which is nice. Sure, some of it is undoubtedly going to be non-canon with MD changing some bits around, but the spirit is there.

Good job, hope you have more.
Maxton chapter 12 . 8/6/2016
So far I really like the story. A bit of Retconning done here with Madison regarding her status as a nano aug. That is no issue though, as you laid her and her story arc out well. So for me, she is just a precursor, a prototype of the body Bob Page is currently using, which is Nano enhanced.(it was nano enhanced before even Deus Ex 1 if I remember right)

I like that you have not weakened Adam in favor of her. Over all, a well laid out story.
mechanicalangel90 chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
This is brilliant and I can't wait to read more!
reddevil47 chapter 12 . 7/24/2016
Love the story and this chapter and I really commend you on the knowledge of the augmentations, hearing what each can do in detail is very interesting and I also want to ask if you plan on putting any of the augmentations from mankind divided into this story, just asking since Adam found out that he has way more than he thought he did, wether you do or don't it doesn't matter either way it's a really good read and Madison is such a interesting character, the whole idea of nanotechnology was brilliant and I can't wait to see what the two have in store for the next chapter and P.S. Pritchard is an asshole XD
wanderer097 chapter 4 . 7/13/2016
It's nice
reddevil47 chapter 11 . 6/18/2016
Love the story, I'm sure you would have more reviews but Deus ex aint that popular on fanfic, hopefully mankind divided might change that