Reviews for An Open Heart is An Open Wound
Judy.Laura.L chapter 12 . 10/26/2017
it took me three days but I finally got to the end. I love it! and I also love your Killian Jones and the Girl Who lived! I can't wait for the next installment of that or the next chapter for this. one of the best things about your stories is that not only do you write the characters so well, but each chapter you do is incredibly long. keep up the terrific work.
PerpetuallyTired chapter 12 . 10/12/2017
Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this story!
You hit all the important points, glossing over the unimportant parts from the episodes so that we know everything we need to know without COMPLETELY rehashing canon.
Captain swan is my Once otp, and though I'd never considered such a thing before, I love this au where Killian's his dad!
I'm giddy for Henry to find out and for some father/son bonding (lol, Henry's the cool kid now, his dad's a pirate!).
Love the idea of him getting in on Operation Cobra, and wondering if he'll act more like an open believer with Henry when Emma doesn't see.
Now I'm laughing thinking about when she realizes the curse is real.
All in all, mega excited for things to come, and also sort of hoping you'll skip (or have) that arc with the playground where Emma really embarasses herself saying Regina's plotting something.
melsbells91 chapter 12 . 9/11/2017
Ahhhhh! So much development and connection, I love it! I love how fiercely protective Killian is and how he reigns it in in front of Emma, his desire to protect his family. And know Killian is included in operation cobra, excellent. This was great, really looking forward to the next update.
PastOneonta chapter 12 . 8/29/2017
Welcome back to this story and a delightful well written update. This was very good. Regina and Gold are excellent in their discreet villainy and manipulation. Emma is amazing in her bravery and conviction to be true to herself and what she believes in. Henry is sweet and young and resilient in his heartbreak over evil and then his return to Operation Cobra. Killian is changing, partially because of Emma and also because of Henry. He is giving up his quest for revenge on Rumple which is significant; it ruled his life for hundreds of years. He can't have both revenge and a family in this setting.

This is very good. I am unfamiliar with Season 1 so this was interesting from that perspective too. I hope you continue to Emma's breaking the curse and allow us to see Henry's introduction to Killian as his father.
sciencebaby45 chapter 12 . 8/28/2017
Wow...this is a great story. I spent all day slacking at work to read it! Please continue, it is fantastic story and writing!
oncer4life11 chapter 12 . 8/20/2017
Great chapter. Can't wait to see when they tell Henry who Killian is to him.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/16/2017
I hope you'll be able to finish this fic! I love it!
Guest chapter 11 . 3/22/2017
That was a perfect way for Killian to find out! So hard for both of them and now Killian has to figure out how to be secret!Dad. I'm excited, looking forward to see how this goes.
Avivagreene chapter 11 . 3/17/2017
I'm really looking forward to your next chapters. Please can we have more interaction between Hook, Swan and Henry
Avivagreene chapter 6 . 3/17/2017
Loved this chapter and her reunion with Killian
Rhiannon Starr chapter 11 . 2/21/2017
Margaret! You're killing me! God I love this so freaking much! Is it bad that I'm secretly hoping even though I know she won't really but that Emma just LEAVES Regina...? And oh sweet Killy Bear! To the sea he goes... I love that old man. Can't wait for more!
PastOneonta chapter 11 . 2/19/2017
The death of Graham was really terribly sad. Emma is shocked and grieving and it's hard because she was still figuring out her feelings for him when it happened. I think you wrote that aspect very well. It was good Killian was in the background at parts so Emma could find her way and work with Henry and deal with Regina without him. But now he knows he is Henry's father. That is a complete surprise for Killian, who has agreed to not acknowledge Henry as his son for now. I can't imagine how Henry will feel when they tell him. Will anyone else Realize? What would Gold do with this information? Will Gold call in the favor Emma owes him? Will Neal come to Storybrooke? So many interesting ways to take this, write when you can, looking forward to the rest.
lupis93 chapter 11 . 2/19/2017
What a way for Killian to find out that he has a son. Really unexpected but so glad he now knows. Does that mean we can now expect scenes between Killian and Henry, him wanting to know more about his son?
Guest chapter 10 . 2/16/2017
update!
melsbells91 chapter 10 . 2/10/2017
As big a fan of captain swan as I am, I'm always saddened by Graham's death. I always loved him first for Emma and he was the first major character death in the show so it hit hard. You wrote this beautifully, Emma taking a step, putting herself out there and opening herself to be hurt only to have it thrown back in her face almost immediately. I can't wait for you to expand on those emotions next chapter. And I love Killian staying and waiting until MM got there, always watching out for her. I wonder how he knew they were at the station? Hopefully we learn that too.
Loved this chapter, great job, can't wait for the next one!