Reviews for An Open Heart is An Open Wound
BixIsHere chapter 7 . 7/7
Aaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

This isn't just slow burn, this is sour ex's to lovers slow burn and I'm SO up for it.
So hypocritical of Emma to seek out talks with Killian again and again ...!
BixIsHere chapter 6 . 7/7
" Emma panicked, falling back on the one thing she knew—the most enduring trick he'd taught her."

Uh I like that.
I like the full chapter!
BixIsHere chapter 5 . 7/6
The build in with Emma recognizing Killian's habit connected to him wearing long coats was nice!

Also, that was in the forth chapter, but the foreshadowing of Regina's set-up and a new sheriff soon to come were both gut wrenching and cool! :)

Can't wait for the reunion :)
BixIsHere chapter 2 . 7/5
Okay I expected to be bored out of my mind in reading the show's scenes, BUT you write them so well. You actually capture what a writer would capture instead of "describing" the scenes. Like - the little gardens in SB. You wrote it the way Emma saw it, not the way the camera showed it. And the inner monologue of Emma is such a cool addition to the scenes. :)
BixIsHere chapter 1 . 7/3
Hey, starting this one out :)
It's an interesting idea! And your writing is good :) The change from dialogue to inner monologue is really well balanced.
Will read on.
Judy.Laura.L chapter 12 . 10/26/2017
it took me three days but I finally got to the end. I love it! and I also love your Killian Jones and the Girl Who lived! I can't wait for the next installment of that or the next chapter for this. one of the best things about your stories is that not only do you write the characters so well, but each chapter you do is incredibly long. keep up the terrific work.
PerpetuallyTired chapter 12 . 10/12/2017
Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this story!
You hit all the important points, glossing over the unimportant parts from the episodes so that we know everything we need to know without COMPLETELY rehashing canon.
Captain swan is my Once otp, and though I'd never considered such a thing before, I love this au where Killian's his dad!
I'm giddy for Henry to find out and for some father/son bonding (lol, Henry's the cool kid now, his dad's a pirate!).
Love the idea of him getting in on Operation Cobra, and wondering if he'll act more like an open believer with Henry when Emma doesn't see.
Now I'm laughing thinking about when she realizes the curse is real.
All in all, mega excited for things to come, and also sort of hoping you'll skip (or have) that arc with the playground where Emma really embarasses herself saying Regina's plotting something.
melsbells91 chapter 12 . 9/11/2017
Ahhhhh! So much development and connection, I love it! I love how fiercely protective Killian is and how he reigns it in in front of Emma, his desire to protect his family. And know Killian is included in operation cobra, excellent. This was great, really looking forward to the next update.
PastOneonta chapter 12 . 8/29/2017
Welcome back to this story and a delightful well written update. This was very good. Regina and Gold are excellent in their discreet villainy and manipulation. Emma is amazing in her bravery and conviction to be true to herself and what she believes in. Henry is sweet and young and resilient in his heartbreak over evil and then his return to Operation Cobra. Killian is changing, partially because of Emma and also because of Henry. He is giving up his quest for revenge on Rumple which is significant; it ruled his life for hundreds of years. He can't have both revenge and a family in this setting.

This is very good. I am unfamiliar with Season 1 so this was interesting from that perspective too. I hope you continue to Emma's breaking the curse and allow us to see Henry's introduction to Killian as his father.
sciencebaby45 chapter 12 . 8/28/2017
Wow...this is a great story. I spent all day slacking at work to read it! Please continue, it is fantastic story and writing!
oncer4life11 chapter 12 . 8/20/2017
Great chapter. Can't wait to see when they tell Henry who Killian is to him.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/16/2017
I hope you'll be able to finish this fic! I love it!
Guest chapter 11 . 3/22/2017
That was a perfect way for Killian to find out! So hard for both of them and now Killian has to figure out how to be secret!Dad. I'm excited, looking forward to see how this goes.
Avivagreene chapter 11 . 3/17/2017
I'm really looking forward to your next chapters. Please can we have more interaction between Hook, Swan and Henry
Avivagreene chapter 6 . 3/17/2017
Loved this chapter and her reunion with Killian