Reviews for An Open Heart is An Open Wound
melsbells91 chapter 12 . 9/11
Ahhhhh! So much development and connection, I love it! I love how fiercely protective Killian is and how he reigns it in in front of Emma, his desire to protect his family. And know Killian is included in operation cobra, excellent. This was great, really looking forward to the next update.
PastOneonta chapter 12 . 8/29
Welcome back to this story and a delightful well written update. This was very good. Regina and Gold are excellent in their discreet villainy and manipulation. Emma is amazing in her bravery and conviction to be true to herself and what she believes in. Henry is sweet and young and resilient in his heartbreak over evil and then his return to Operation Cobra. Killian is changing, partially because of Emma and also because of Henry. He is giving up his quest for revenge on Rumple which is significant; it ruled his life for hundreds of years. He can't have both revenge and a family in this setting.

This is very good. I am unfamiliar with Season 1 so this was interesting from that perspective too. I hope you continue to Emma's breaking the curse and allow us to see Henry's introduction to Killian as his father.
sciencebaby45 chapter 12 . 8/28
Wow...this is a great story. I spent all day slacking at work to read it! Please continue, it is fantastic story and writing!
oncer4life11 chapter 12 . 8/20
Great chapter. Can't wait to see when they tell Henry who Killian is to him.
I hope you'll be able to finish this fic! I love it!
That was a perfect way for Killian to find out! So hard for both of them and now Killian has to figure out how to be secret!Dad. I'm excited, looking forward to see how this goes.
Avivagreene chapter 11 . 3/17
I'm really looking forward to your next chapters. Please can we have more interaction between Hook, Swan and Henry
Avivagreene chapter 6 . 3/17
Loved this chapter and her reunion with Killian
Rhiannon Starr chapter 11 . 2/21
Margaret! You're killing me! God I love this so freaking much! Is it bad that I'm secretly hoping even though I know she won't really but that Emma just LEAVES Regina...? And oh sweet Killy Bear! To the sea he goes... I love that old man. Can't wait for more!
PastOneonta chapter 11 . 2/19
The death of Graham was really terribly sad. Emma is shocked and grieving and it's hard because she was still figuring out her feelings for him when it happened. I think you wrote that aspect very well. It was good Killian was in the background at parts so Emma could find her way and work with Henry and deal with Regina without him. But now he knows he is Henry's father. That is a complete surprise for Killian, who has agreed to not acknowledge Henry as his son for now. I can't imagine how Henry will feel when they tell him. Will anyone else Realize? What would Gold do with this information? Will Gold call in the favor Emma owes him? Will Neal come to Storybrooke? So many interesting ways to take this, write when you can, looking forward to the rest.
lupis93 chapter 11 . 2/19
What a way for Killian to find out that he has a son. Really unexpected but so glad he now knows. Does that mean we can now expect scenes between Killian and Henry, him wanting to know more about his son?
update!
melsbells91 chapter 10 . 2/10
As big a fan of captain swan as I am, I'm always saddened by Graham's death. I always loved him first for Emma and he was the first major character death in the show so it hit hard. You wrote this beautifully, Emma taking a step, putting herself out there and opening herself to be hurt only to have it thrown back in her face almost immediately. I can't wait for you to expand on those emotions next chapter. And I love Killian staying and waiting until MM got there, always watching out for her. I wonder how he knew they were at the station? Hopefully we learn that too.
Loved this chapter, great job, can't wait for the next one!
PastOneonta chapter 10 . 2/7
Welcome back to this story and thank you for a lovely long chapter.

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking. I appreciate Emma's POV throughout, but particularly as she reassures Graham that he has a heart, as she notes how he attractive he is, as she supports his body when he falls. This was so significant for her, it had to help her believe in Henry's stories and it encouraged more dislike of Regina. It's good Killian is there. We have to see how she processes Graham's death going forward with Killian already in her life. It will be interesting and we look forward to it. Thanks for the update!
lupis93 chapter 10 . 2/5
I'm glad we got more background on what happened after Graham collapsed, as heartbreaking as it was thank you for it.