Reviews for Repentance
Keeper00029 chapter 30 . 12/17/2020
God damn. Like everyone else has said what a fucking ride. After reading everything so quickly it really does sort of all mesh together in my mind but here’s my thoughts.

Like other people have said, I really do think this is one of the best RWBY stories out there, if not one of the best works of fanfiction for the action/adventure category. It amazes me just how much work authors will put into their stories.

Truthfully I think you wrote a better story than even rooster teeth has put out. I know that this was written before even volume 3 came out so I think that’s what makes your story even more impressive. The world building set such a great foundation that I think even if you didn’t watch the first two seasons of RWBY you could eventually follow along with only minor confusion as to why every weapon was also a gun, lol. Everything was well thought out, explained thoroughly and kept at a good pace for the most part. I honestly could see this as it’s own book trilogy if you were to try to publish it, changing the names and renaming the world mind you... copyright and whatnot. Lol

I really liked how you could see the long lasting effects of things that happened even as early as the beginning of the first book. I appreciated how it was done in a way that made sense and wasn’t just put there so that things from the first book were mentioned.

Your characterization and analysis into each character’s mind was amazing. This alone could set this story apart from others but you take it even further. To add to that, the way the characters interact with each other in a way that just makes sense, unlike other stories that try but make it awkward and stagnate the story. It’s just so impressive.

My few critiques, not that they really mean anything and it’s really more personal preference than anything else but, I do think there are parts of the story where things were dragged out. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing but like another person said, most of the Weiss storyline in the final book was irrelevant. I definitely feel like the yang/Blake storyline once they got to the island was much longer than it needed to be, same with the Pyrrha/Jaune storyline. Especially when I feel as though it could have better connected to the rest of the story. Was it cool? Yes. Ultimately I feel as though it was unnecessary because it didn’t really tell us any important information but the fight scenes were awesome to imagine.

The fight scenes are just another thing about this story that make it so special. Fight scenes are incredibly hard to write, especially without making them feel repetitive. Also, I mentioned this before but the world building in this story is unlike any other. I think it’s what attracts a long of people into the story because it lets them get lost in your version of remnant. Your imagery is very, very good.

Thank you so much for dedicating time and effort into writing such a masterpiece.
Argentum Messorem chapter 30 . 4/29/2020
DAMN IT! I ACTUALLY THOUGHT WEISS WAS DEAD! YOU BASTARD! I commend you on this. I actually cried at the break up with Weiss and Ruby. I ACTUALLY CRIED OVER A FICTIONAL BREAK UP! HOW DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?. I shed another tear in ozpin's last moments. I honestly really liked it. It was confusing at times but it still is amazing to let your mind work out an image from just the words. Keep doing what you do best.
smashdenslap chapter 27 . 4/24/2020
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
im gonna read the next chap.
smashdenslap chapter 30 . 4/24/2020
so for the first half- fuck off (i say this with a detestment not hate. i love you) I almost broke my nose with my damn phone. i was too shock that i fucking dropped it. it hurts really bad that my toes are curling. i was gearing for the usual "hero save the day and gets the girl thing" to read that was traumatising and awful but also i revel in not usual emotions you invoke in me and for the other readers as well im sure.
i have to stop reading for a moment because of the physical and emotional and mental pain you've caused me. im sweating and my eyes are sweating and damn this.
and throughout beginning of the second half im just defeated but still hoping that you hadn't killed one of my most favourite person in the series.

and i drop my phone a second time (this one is deliberate, i was now sitting and hunching on my phone) when i read "mummy" like damn. theres hope y'all. the world is beautiful again! the whole half had me smiling all the while reading the last.
this trilogy is always be one of the best books I've read. its been a roller coaster, it made me dizzy (literally).
and yes, im patting myself on the back for surviving this story. especially the second book. I've been whacked all around. damn. and im gonna pat you too for finishing this. im gonna pat you if i ever meet you in real life. you've done good. soo goood.! you've made my week.
i hope you're safe from the COVID19
GOOD LUCK ON PUBLISHING THE NEW BOOK.
I KNOW IM GONNA HAVE AN LSS EQUIVALENT ON THIS BOOK.
BYE. BE SAFE!
smashdenslap chapter 11 . 4/23/2020
granma what the fuck! im heaving here! damn, this twists turns sooo goood!
smashdenslap chapter 9 . 4/23/2020
and now my heart is in pieces. damn. tho their choices are sound and is logically correct and their resolutions are admirable, this made me cry. damn you, you amazing writer.
smashdenslap chapter 8 . 4/23/2020
the first half i awaited with anticipation, the second half had me squeeling, slapping the bed and just jumping around. what the hell. this is one hell of a build up! im so happy to experience this kind of excitement in a story again. damn. ill probably skip to another whiterose chapter. bye.
smashdenslap chapter 4 . 4/22/2020
the past 4 chapters gave me no break!
Ruby and Weiss's story made me soooo sad but it is expected.
whereas Yang and Blake stayed together! Contrary to my expectations! yehey! at least 1 silver lining.
then we have Pyrhha. this is jus so sad and tragic but i cant stop reading .
IBelieveInDestiny chapter 30 . 2/29/2020
In conclusion... "I hate this game of emotions we play"... I think I have PTSD from all this
IBelieveInDestiny chapter 19 . 2/29/2020
Not even words from the author after this? I hate this story so much. I'm done. If you value your mental health, don't read this
IBelieveInDestiny chapter 15 . 2/29/2020
Fuck you. That's all I'll say of this chapter. Life is hard enough without you turning a hopeful story into a mess of cynicism and nihilism. What you write has an effect on people; think about that. What you write will either leave the person who read it a better person, or a worse one. Never more clearly do I see that I will leave being a more cynical, pessimistic mess than with anything I've ever read. You entise people with meaning, then crush it.
IBelieveInDestiny chapter 9 . 2/29/2020
I started reading fanfics to deal with my loss of Pyrrha. You made me forget Pyrrha, love Weiss, then break my heart into pieces by hurting Weiss so much. I have problems with being overly emotional, but seeing Weiss hurt and turning to evil drives a knife to my gut like nothing else has, even Pyrrha's death. If this feeling continues, I have you to blame.
IBelieveInDestiny chapter 7 . 2/27/2020
"If I ever break her heart, I'll deserve it" -Weiss to Yang :(
Why did you have to make Weiss lose all her goodness? This is so difficult to read without having your heart being ripped apart
IBelieveInDestiny chapter 2 . 2/27/2020
Im sad, that Weiss' goodness was only a facade... She fell too easily to her father's vices. I really wish you hadn't written her to be THAT bad. She seems almost irredeemable
Jamiamichael chapter 1 . 3/29/2019
This is the best story i have read on this site love the characters. Personally i find this fan fic better than the actual show.