Reviews for The Brightest Black
Ruselly Adita chapter 12 . 13h
This is a slowburn if I ever read one. in chapter 12 and they still hate each other. 56 chapters later they go on one date.. Lord give me patience! xD
szw5009 chapter 72 . 9/17
Thank you!
Kris2495 chapter 72 . 9/15
Ok so I had the absolute best time reading this story! I never knew I wanted this until I read it. Everything was so well done! Way to weave a story! And it always kept me on my toes, and I was always wrong! Lol. Even in the middle of the first chapter I didn't know where you were going with bellatrix attacking hermione and the whole time her leading up to the room I though she was going to look into hermione big brown eyes and fall in love with her. Maybe an under the blanket adoption fake pure blood type story. I was so so so wrong and I'm not even mad! Loved the story.
Erimenthe chapter 72 . 9/13
This was definitely an epic story. I love the nods to origin but the brilliant differences and ways you bring the others around, the family magic explanations and adoptions etc., really expand the imagination.

Dungmistress rotflmfao! I so loved that part. I loved every little bit done to her. She deserved all of it and so much more. Never would have expected Rita being a distant Malfoy. That was a brilliant twist lol. Definitely going to check out more stories now.
Espied7 chapter 72 . 9/10
This is the most epic story. Beautiful romance, lovely characters, and an intricate plot. I loved the subplots and how they interwove with themes used in the books, and I appreciated that you didn't shy away from killing characters off when it made sense (much as I didn't want them to die...). It was also nice to read a story that didn't rely on sex for every romantic motivation - I think that you really rounded out the characters and their relationships, and that was much more appealing than a bunch of smut. Thank you so much for writing!
Arizeri chapter 5 . 9/10
Sad pieces in this chapter about Regulus, it almost feels like Sirius talks about him as if he's still alive. Im liking Narcissa, shes just like I imagine, it would be interesting to mesh these two households for sure.

But about this here "And, really, they didn't need to break the curse to destroy it. Fiendfyre consumed all magic it touched. That's why the only way to kill it was to cut off its ability to feed on the life and magic around it. A very difficult thing to do."

Maybe Im understanding this wrong. So the curse was still directly linked to the ring, thats not how curses work, Dumbledore was already cursed. Even if it was you would need to give the reasoning behind the difference between this case and Bellas knife and Hermione's scars to avoid contradiction. If fiendfyre was the solution (which only Sirius knew?) to the curse as you invented, it would be more realistic for Sev to isolate the curse then use fiendfyre on Dumbles hand. (Less nice and tidy that way too.)
kpop1392as chapter 72 . 9/10
TT This story is beautiful! I love and enjoy reading and rereading this story. It's an amazing journey. Thank you for creating and sharing this adventure with us.
Arizeri chapter 3 . 9/10
This Diary thing is giving warnings of the common 'too easy' rewrite (and thats not good regardless of how logical the new flow is). You've basically put a checkmark by one Horcrux and set Hermione off towards Sueville.

We have Ginny acting significantly strange from the getgo with Hermione shrewdly and detachedly assessing the situation. Hermione is sensible as hell but she would ask Ginny whats up, then people make excuses for odd things, they don't conclude their bestie's diary is evil and they must steal it.

Then the compulsion was laid on a little too strong. Especially when the canon we have on its effect is that Harry thought the diary felt like an old friend (probably the result if the Horcrux connection but still). I get that Hermione was aware and expecting something, but this unsubtle diary is not Tom at all. He openly admits to (fatal!) nefarious deeds, a Slytherin Black would be thick not to think the whole thing is odd. All in all it would have been more interesting and better character building if the diary managed to hook Hermione for a while too.

That was way too long!
ryusongoku chapter 72 . 9/9
Just finished this whole story in about 2 days. Excellent story. I am normally not a fan of Draco/Hermione, but I could appreciate how you brought them together over time. Great job!
RevDorothyL chapter 72 . 9/6
I thoroughly enjoyed this! It was a very addictive read and helped me to see some new possibilities or alternatives for the development of various characters. Well done!
Alexia Colette chapter 9 . 9/6
ohh, I'm getting magical beasts and where they come from refrences.
ayeshalestradi chapter 12 . 9/3
Poor Pansy! And yay Neville!
ayeshalestradi chapter 10 . 8/31
Yay a powerful, cunning Narcissa! Love love love rhis story
ReaderofWorlds92 chapter 72 . 8/30
Oh my lord, this was a ride. Thank you so much for writing one of the best stories I've ever read on here in the 10-ish years I've been here. I was enthralled from chapter one. Also may or may not have sobbed through the last five chapters...Again, thank you, I can't wait to read anything else you post.
Dulce Muerte chapter 72 . 8/26
absolutely adored this story, refreshing remix and original
3,776 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »