Reviews for Orcbrat
CeiJe chapter 27 . 8/16
I must say I’ve matured since I last read this story. I once romanticized the rape between Leni and Kurbag because I truly didn’t understand the scope of the rape as it is a fictional piece between mythological creatures, the fact that Kurbag had redeeming qualities that made him nicer than the other orcs is what stood out the most and gave depth to the question, what is evil? I once thought Kurbag could change and like a lot of people attracted to the bad boy and or girl types the illusion of changing someone from bad to good is appealing. When you take that away what exactly is the point of this peace, are you simply writing a tragedy and your characters have no hope of transformation? The war of the ring is over and I have seen lions befriend bears and humans taming crocodiles. What exactly is your theme in this story why have Maevyn “the orc-brat” if Grushak is merely going to kill her and remain the monster he is and will always be? What I like about some of the darker orc stories with rape is the stripping down of the villain and revealing its motives and instincts. The forgiveness and understanding that some would call a person weak or insane to feel is actually a strength few few can appreciate. I’ve been abused harshly as a child and in turn for a while it turned me violent but with love I changed. I feel this story is in a way pointless angst. If Kurbag is just a piece of careless dung with no hope or redeeming qualities his character is boring and shallow- deep down I hoped for more to relate to as a reader. Great story, I hope you continue.
Any chance of chapter 28 coming soon? I forgot you left this on another cliffhanger.
Rodlox chapter 11 . 6/23
Nazluk's more Machiavellian than almost anybody in all Middle Earth. should be interesting to see where this goes.
Rodlox chapter 10 . 6/23
cool; I didn't know there were all those forms of Orkish. thank you; *adds them to list*

Maevyn's an awesome character.
Rodlox chapter 1 . 6/23
An interesting start, and I'll be reading more of this.
Kyn chapter 27 . 4/18
You updated!

You updated twice since last I checked!

CONTINUE THIS TREND, PLEASE WE BEG OF THEE!
Pineapple3000 chapter 27 . 3/8
Awesome chapter! This is incredibly well written and I will not sleep well till the next chapter arrives! Merry typing!
Tirion I chapter 27 . 2/14
New chapter of Orcbrat? WHAT YEAR IS IT? Good to see more of this story. And foreboding ending is foreboding.
Ambroisie-Seduisante chapter 12 . 2/7
I love your story Orc Brat. It's very creative, quite unlike anything I've ever read here. You're really delved into the world of Orcs and opened my eyes to who they are. While I don't LIKE them I do somewhat respect them
Welp chapter 27 . 2/6
Took your sweet time there. ;V

Not the most exciting chapter, but I'm sure that kind of thing will happen in other chapters.
Well-written as usual.

All-in-all: WELCOME BACK HOLY FUCK I MISSED YOU YOUR'E MY FAVORITE WRITER PLEASE NEVER LEAVE AGAIN
CloudyRaven chapter 27 . 1/22
The opening paragraph brought to mind a forest the chapter took place in as much as the simile. I could imagine the ground secretly recording the footsteps of travelers that pass through and yet having no one discover any sign of their visit. Even if it is chapter twenty-seven, it has me hooked. The grammar is perfect!

The main character has just enough spunk and great character along with the others. For some reason, there has to be at least one person with an attitude in what I read. This might be on my favorites lists.
D4rK Sid3 chapter 27 . 1/18
This is a fantastic story, I read through the prequel and Orc brat very quickly. Nor only your writing is superb, but the way you interpret orcs is marvelous. Of course, the story is sad, full of cruel acts of what can be expected from Orcs however, I think that so far Maevyn is the most interesting character of the bunch. It seems that if it keeps moving like she is, I can almost see been "promoted" to just being a slave.

She certainly is learning black speech and picking things from the 10 of them. I cant wait for the next chapter and I hope you update soon.

Take care.

D4rK
TheJackinati275 chapter 27 . 1/9
I must admit, i just did a four hour reading spree of your works (And four hours of Time well spent!), and one thing comes to mind...

That one thing is this... This story is an amazing work of literature, haunting in its grasp, chilling in its way, amazing in its scope and it was told so surrealistically that i felt as though i were in Maevyn's shoes, as though i were there living amonst the Orcs and with the elf just outside my very doorstep, and the characters where so well written that i grew to like all the characters, even those that we were not supposed to like in the first place, such as Grushak.

There was not a chapter that i did not like (well besides from Chapter 24 in my opinion, but that was due to its shockingly short length compared to your standard chapter sizes), and every chapter managed to captivate or draw me in some way or form...

In fact, i am so amazed with this story that i was surprised that you would take such a long hiatus on it... and i am happy that i only found out your story just about a month after you left for 2 or more years on your hiatus for this story or however long it was, which means that i was lucky in a way to spot such a good story and then get to read your latest chapter... and i hope that my review and several others will inspire yo to continue writing such an amazing story.

I have only one gripe with this story, it is a personal gripe, and it is that i cannot wait to see your next chapter!... i am viciously eager to gaze upon the next chapter to come.

Thank you for reading... TheJackinati275.
Can't believe this story is 11 years in the making - great cliff hanger, I can't wait to read what happens next.
skywiseskychan chapter 27 . 12/24/2014
Well it took a few minutes of reading to really get my head back around who everyone is, what was going on, and all the rest but now I am left wanting more again. Darn you for that, and thank you.

I just wonder still how things are going to turn out for our two favorite females, or at least my two, favorite females who have joined an orc band. Things are so very intriguingly wrong I wonder where they will go.