Reviews for Orcbrat
helenamarkos chapter 27 . 1/9
Goddamn that last sentence! I remember the last time Maevyn was voulenteered for something by and orc (at least Grymawk is safe from this mission). But it is a weird sentence, only because I am trying to think of another instance that you hinted at future events like this and cannot (but I also cannot say that I went back and reread both Orcbrat and Treed in full, so I could simply not be remembering something).

At any rate, the first part of this chapter had me thinking of Entwives. I know you squashed this theory elsewhere, and it is far more likely that what the Orcs sense are Huorns or something similair, but still, I was aquiver for Entwives. Which may have something to do with the Crebain fluttering about. At any rate, shades of Fangorn. It feels as though the narrative is reaching a peak. I'm not really sure how to articulate this, and it could have to do with anticipation for the next chapter, but I do feel like there must be a breaking point soon, if there is going to be a breaking point. We sort of plod forward with even momentum until that poetically written "Subtracting" chapter and then a member of the party is injured and we come to a halt. And our lead character seems to have reached a certain level of ease with her captors that wasn't there before. So, it feels like the narrative is positioning us for something here, but I could be reading into things too hard. I do that, sometimes.

I love the whole section with medic Rukhsash schooling Maevyn. Aside from The Mystery of the Missing Dish, Grymawk's fate is near and dear to me because he is my favorite of your Orcs, so I'm glad a messy death by infection is not on the menu. If you're going to kill him off, I really want it to be a grand killing off. Bragdagash seems to be pulling for him, at any rate.

I feel like I'll read this through a few months from now and think of more to mention, but I did want to leave on this note: I know you are keeping things nebulous, but Braggy seemed to have an inkling as to where they were going when he spies the mountains in an earlier chapter, but no one else seems to be in on it (he IS the one with the map and all). And yet, you mention that some lads are from the south and others are from the north, so I feel like someone should have a bead on this place. I suppose I'm just going to have to wait until we get there. (I guess that's more a statement than a question, but I am really curious about their destination.)
The Undefiler chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
I laugh at the vulnerability of the silver ink pen. She prides herself in humor, yet her miserable life is laughable in and of itself. You wish me to stop my exploits on your precious stories in an attempt to get to her? Block me as you wish. I shall soon find another outlet. The Undefiler never fails to eradicate those who believe themselves to be better than others.
CeiJe chapter 27 . 8/16/2015
I must say I’ve matured since I last read this story. I once romanticized the rape between Leni and Kurbag because I truly didn’t understand the scope of the rape as it is a fictional piece between mythological creatures, the fact that Kurbag had redeeming qualities that made him nicer than the other orcs is what stood out the most and gave depth to the question, what is evil? I once thought Kurbag could change and like a lot of people attracted to the bad boy and or girl types the illusion of changing someone from bad to good is appealing. When you take that away what exactly is the point of this peace, are you simply writing a tragedy and your characters have no hope of transformation? The war of the ring is over and I have seen lions befriend bears and humans taming crocodiles. What exactly is your theme in this story why have Maevyn “the orc-brat” if Grushak is merely going to kill her and remain the monster he is and will always be? What I like about some of the darker orc stories with rape is the stripping down of the villain and revealing its motives and instincts. The forgiveness and understanding that some would call a person weak or insane to feel is actually a strength few few can appreciate. I’ve been abused harshly as a child and in turn for a while it turned me violent but with love I changed. I feel this story is in a way pointless angst. If Kurbag is just a piece of careless dung with no hope or redeeming qualities his character is boring and shallow- deep down I hoped for more to relate to as a reader. Great story, I hope you continue.
Guest chapter 27 . 7/25/2015
Any chance of chapter 28 coming soon? I forgot you left this on another cliffhanger.
Rodlox chapter 11 . 6/23/2015
Nazluk's more Machiavellian than almost anybody in all Middle Earth. should be interesting to see where this goes.
Rodlox chapter 10 . 6/23/2015
cool; I didn't know there were all those forms of Orkish. thank you; *adds them to list*

Maevyn's an awesome character.
Rodlox chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
An interesting start, and I'll be reading more of this.
Kyn chapter 27 . 4/18/2015
You updated!

You updated twice since last I checked!

CONTINUE THIS TREND, PLEASE WE BEG OF THEE!
Pineapple3000 chapter 27 . 3/8/2015
Awesome chapter! This is incredibly well written and I will not sleep well till the next chapter arrives! Merry typing!
Tirion I chapter 27 . 2/14/2015
New chapter of Orcbrat? WHAT YEAR IS IT? Good to see more of this story. And foreboding ending is foreboding.
Ambroisie-Seduisante chapter 12 . 2/7/2015
I love your story Orc Brat. It's very creative, quite unlike anything I've ever read here. You're really delved into the world of Orcs and opened my eyes to who they are. While I don't LIKE them I do somewhat respect them
Welp chapter 27 . 2/6/2015
Took your sweet time there. ;V

Not the most exciting chapter, but I'm sure that kind of thing will happen in other chapters.
Well-written as usual.

All-in-all: WELCOME BACK HOLY FUCK I MISSED YOU YOUR'E MY FAVORITE WRITER PLEASE NEVER LEAVE AGAIN
CloudyRaven chapter 27 . 1/22/2015
The opening paragraph brought to mind a forest the chapter took place in as much as the simile. I could imagine the ground secretly recording the footsteps of travelers that pass through and yet having no one discover any sign of their visit. Even if it is chapter twenty-seven, it has me hooked. The grammar is perfect!

The main character has just enough spunk and great character along with the others. For some reason, there has to be at least one person with an attitude in what I read. This might be on my favorites lists.
D4rK Sid3 chapter 27 . 1/18/2015
This is a fantastic story, I read through the prequel and Orc brat very quickly. Nor only your writing is superb, but the way you interpret orcs is marvelous. Of course, the story is sad, full of cruel acts of what can be expected from Orcs however, I think that so far Maevyn is the most interesting character of the bunch. It seems that if it keeps moving like she is, I can almost see been "promoted" to just being a slave.

She certainly is learning black speech and picking things from the 10 of them. I cant wait for the next chapter and I hope you update soon.

Take care.

D4rK
TheJackinati275 chapter 27 . 1/9/2015
I must admit, i just did a four hour reading spree of your works (And four hours of Time well spent!), and one thing comes to mind...

That one thing is this... This story is an amazing work of literature, haunting in its grasp, chilling in its way, amazing in its scope and it was told so surrealistically that i felt as though i were in Maevyn's shoes, as though i were there living amonst the Orcs and with the elf just outside my very doorstep, and the characters where so well written that i grew to like all the characters, even those that we were not supposed to like in the first place, such as Grushak.

There was not a chapter that i did not like (well besides from Chapter 24 in my opinion, but that was due to its shockingly short length compared to your standard chapter sizes), and every chapter managed to captivate or draw me in some way or form...

In fact, i am so amazed with this story that i was surprised that you would take such a long hiatus on it... and i am happy that i only found out your story just about a month after you left for 2 or more years on your hiatus for this story or however long it was, which means that i was lucky in a way to spot such a good story and then get to read your latest chapter... and i hope that my review and several others will inspire yo to continue writing such an amazing story.

I have only one gripe with this story, it is a personal gripe, and it is that i cannot wait to see your next chapter!... i am viciously eager to gaze upon the next chapter to come.

Thank you for reading... TheJackinati275.