Reviews for Rose and Saffron
spinanotherstory chapter 21 . 3/24
I've just read this all at once, and it was spectacular. The story is rather different from that of the original Beauty and the Beast, but that is hardly a bad thing. I love your take on the various characters, and the way you set the whole plot in motion.
I also adore your bonus chapters, and the characters presented within them. Reading this was a brilliant way to spend my day.
Niqhtshadow chapter 21 . 10/23/2017
Loved this story! So well written it should be a real novel!
Nova chapter 21 . 7/5/2017
I'm glad I stumbled upon this story. It's not one I'd usually read, so different from what it's based, but it's try amazing. Definitely one I'm bookmarking and saving to read again
Guest chapter 21 . 6/17/2017
Just recently discovered your incredible writings! I love them all! This one especially warmed my heart. There should be a bonus chapter between Belle and her Papa the Prince on the day he gives her away to be wed to Marc. Just saying ;)
Thank you again for giving these stories to help the rest of us escape reality!
Guest chapter 21 . 5/31/2017
I really hope u have another great idea for a bonus chapter I want to find out what happens to belle :)
Backuppixiedust chapter 19 . 4/12/2017
I've been binge reading your Beauty and the Beast stuff over the past few days (re-reading in some cases, I was in the fandom a few years ago), while trying t distract myself from a three day long headache, and while I've kinda forgotten to review earlier, I just wanted to say that I love all of your works that I've read.

And yes, insects and gems and speaking? I know exactly where this is going. :D
ChocolateandRoses chapter 18 . 4/2/2017
I've really been enjoying this story. Quite an endearing twist to the original tale :) The bonus chapter was quite a treat and I'm hoping the next several chapters will be as well. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story with us!
Zerocchi chapter 21 . 3/25/2017
You wanna know what I think? Too bad if you said no, I'll tell you anyway; I believe you should actually turn this into a book. It's extremely original in how it turns out, being familial love that breaks the spell, and everything that comes after as well. I would buy this book the moment it came available to buy. It was touching and funny and my favorite Beauty and the Beast story yet, even over Megan Kearney's. Please consider this. :3
greensearcher chapter 21 . 2/11/2017
Perfect, as always. This made me so incredibly happy. Also, congrats on your upcoming, or possibly past, marriage! Married life is the best :)
greensearcher chapter 19 . 2/11/2017
Yes, I'm continuing to bombard you with reviews - but I just can't believe how good this all is. How perfect that the prince found someone with whom he could communicate while no one else really could, that was so sweet. So happy how things turned out! This was so romantic and wonderful.
greensearcher chapter 18 . 2/11/2017
Love it! You are so creative, and the way you write young Belle is so perfect. I love how you incorporated another fairy tale into this, and her new friendship with Lord Marc. This was beyond adorable.
greensearcher chapter 17 . 2/11/2017
This was one of the best things I've ever read. I'm so glad you made them have a father-daughter relationship, it was refreshing and sweet and powerful and I honestly felt so many things reading this. I was absolutely terrified when Gaston came, that entire scene was so intense and well written. Her crying out for him as her Papa and telling her she loved him and not to die? Oh my gosh, it was just so heartbreaking. I really think this kind of relationship made saving his life almost more dramatic and meaningful than in the original. And I just love how Belle learned to have confidence and courage and how proud her new Papa was of her. And to backtrack, I also really appreciated the way you gave the servants more personality (like the chef giving her the marzipan rose). And I absolutely love Jaques. Basically everything was perfect! Thank you again for sharing this, this was really one of those stories that means a lot and truly inspired me.
greensearcher chapter 13 . 2/10/2017
Oh gosh that IS a terrible cliffhanger, but I have to say before going on that I totally teared up in the scene where he asked to be her ward. Beautiful.
greensearcher chapter 10 . 2/10/2017
Yay, hugs! So perfect. I'm actually really glad you included their fight and then how they both learned to apologize, listen, and forgive. And I love how both of them are growing in their own ways. Such a unique idea to write BATB without the romance, I forget how much I love these child-parent type relationship stories. Thanks so much for writing and sharing!
greensearcher chapter 5 . 2/10/2017
I LOVE THIS. I love that Belle's being taken care of, and I love the budding relationship between her and the Beast. I'm certain wherever this ends up will be awesome, but I have a feeling he's going to realize the woman to break the curse doesn't have to love him romantically, just love him. Which I can definitely see happening in a father-daughter or sibling type of way here. And when she says "you don't have to waste your apology on a worthless like me" my heart broke, omg. Gaston is such a scumbag, but I'm so glad the Beast told her she wasn't worthless (even if she was falling asleep). And how she was sincerely sorry she couldn't break his curse for him, how sweet is that! I'm just so happy you commented on my work so that I could find yours, this is so lovely.