Reviews for RWBY: The D'arc Game of Life
Firefly9202002 chapter 8 . 10/7/2023
Qrows weapon is named Harbinger not Liliths Claw Also Qrows Semblane is bad luck
Malchior chapter 4 . 5/18/2023
This is the first time I've come across your story, and I just got to the part in your AN. I couldn't help but really pay attention to every nuance and analyze it because you made such a big deal about it. I want to try to explain why I think the scene, and plot development is problematic.

Firstly, it goes against one of the rules established for the story. Namely how Gamer's Mind works. It suppressed strong, negative emotions so Jaune can think clearly, calmly, and logically. EXTREME emotion can override it, but this breaks the game and causes Jaune to pass put. Since this did not happen, then this is not a factor. Jaune had the time, in his panick, to consider a few times, and while panicking, decided to dump everything into Luck. Gamer's Mind should have kicked in and calmed him down. If the scene had gone in such a way as he momentarily panicked and then immediately dumped points, that would have worked because Mind didn't have the time to kick in. But the scene, as it exists, has plenty of time pass.

Secondly, the way you implemented Luck stands in contrast to every other stat. Increasing strength doesn't suddenly give you a 1% chance to break whatever you are touching, or Dexterity causing you to live a life of perpetual slow motion because your Reflexes have increased too much and so on. But here, Luck has had plenty of negative consequences. Sure, from a narrative perspective, they are very useful to give Jaune information he wouldn't otherwise get, but he literally will manifest nightmares while sleeping now.

Thirdly, RNG skills and abilities are completely worthless in a narrative story. Unless you are actually rolling random numbers everytime Jaune does something, then the abilities will only trigger because you decide they do. It literally comes down to, essentially, you deciding Jaune can do something when he shouldn't, and then letting you justify it via a 'lucky' critical or something. RNG skills can be great in a video game, because you can just save scum until it triggers, but Jaune can't do that. Not only that, as said before, his luck skills have negative consequences, while his other ability skills do not.

Fourthly, on a Meta level, you made Luck work differently than practically any other Gamer story. Sure, some of them have Luck increase the likelihood of something, good or bad, happening, but it can also, often, be mitigated to an extent. You just handed him a bunch of negative things, and basically nothing that is actually good enough to counteract it. I mean, you literally gave him a 1 in 5 chance to reveal a secret he has to everyone who can hear him, everytime he speaks. Imagine a situation where you talk to 5 different people, and to one of those 5 people, you just revealed some dark secret about yourself while talking about your favorite mountain dew flavor. Literally something like, "I really like the purple thunder, it's one of my favorites. My father sexually molested me as a child and tore the inner lining of my anus. The Flaming Hot Cheeto is awful though."

Not only that, it forces others to reveal information as well. And they will notice, and wonder why in thr world did they just spout out some secret of there's. Then, they will notice it happening to others, and tie it back to Jaune.

It's just a bad element. Yes, it gives you a method of revealing information about the world, I'm assuming, but literally everything else about it is bad. It stops his class from working, it gives him awful new classes, it stops his title from working, and so many other things.

If all Luck did was increase the chance things would go Jaune's way, increase critical hit chance, and increase drop chance and rarity, it would be fine, and in line with other skills. But as written, Luck is the only skill that makes Jaune's life actively worse and harder just by existing.

I know you don't care and it's way beyond q point where you can fix it, but if you are even still writing this story, or other things, I hope you read this so you can gain insight as to why this scene caused such controversy, and how you can do things better in the future.
LuckyStars7 chapter 22 . 5/5/2023
It sucks that this never got finished, I wonder what happened to the author. I hope nothing bad happened.
The Twilight Trickster chapter 2 . 4/6/2023
"This Game" From No Game No Life is a song that makes sense to be in a Gamer fic but is something that I have never seen before.
VastoLorrde chapter 4 . 3/29/2023
20% chance for anything you tell someone to be replaced by a random unknown truth...That's basically a curse.
What do you know, it's a passive too.. Ughhh
VastoLorrde chapter 4 . 3/29/2023
Really? Stay Truea skill just for the convenience really
VastoLorrde chapter 3 . 3/29/2023
WTF! Letting go of pride and wrath reinforces Gamer min? Sighsszz next it line will be Power of Friendship, ughhh
VastoLorrde chapter 3 . 3/29/2023
Chapter 3 and I'm already getting annoyed.. So many inconsistency with your gamer system.. Gamer mind is a bust( imagine errors occurring ), just remove the damn thing. Gamer body healing tears?
Haven't seen a fan fiction that has gotten Gamer mind correctly
TheWritingFreakIsBack chapter 5 . 2/18/2023
This man’s just unlocked the magic of hamon and you can’t tell me otherwise
TheWritingFreakIsBack chapter 4 . 2/17/2023
Oh I see why people aren’t happy now… 77 points into luck…
TheWritingFreakIsBack chapter 4 . 2/17/2023
I haven’t even gotten to the scene

But I will die on this hill because fuck all of you

Luck is the best stat to put your points into and to have as the highest

I don’t even care enough to explain because I’ve done it hundreds of times before and I can’t be bothered
TheCynicalCriticfromWtP chapter 2 . 1/15/2023
OLD MAN JENKINS BABY
MasterBrattan chapter 7 . 12/30/2022
Welp, been nice knowing ya Cinder.
JamWereWolf21 chapter 22 . 10/5/2022
2 years later
Guest chapter 4 . 8/18/2022
the interactions is horrible especially in the case of yang. holy fuck man.
1,198 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »