Reviews for The Tiny Bacteria
Cody Furlong chapter 2 . 11/30/2008
It's a shame I can only add you to my favorite authors list once. The entire series has ben an awesome, thrilling, emotional joy ride, I've loved evey minute of it! When are you going to continue it? What ever happened to Rage? I can hardly wait to see what happens next.
FuocoAccigliatoDrago chapter 2 . 3/10/2006
who's Viper so afraid of? T-Bone? Anyway, I love your stories
Max Evelyn chapter 2 . 7/21/2005
I love your storys.
Blistex chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Wow.

I had printed out this fanfiction over a year ago and had read it, but I might have spaced out and forgotten to finish it. Either way, I have both chapters in stapled piles in my room, and I just uncovered them last night. Now that I have found access to a computer (as mine is currently dancing in the flames of hell), I only thought it obligatory and neccessary to give you a review. Especially after seeing the other ones-not so long or elaborate, eh? Maybe you'll be surprised that someone else read this and are recieving a review at this time. Hope you enjoy it, many author's stories fade into oblivion in time.

Beginning with the prologue, I had a hard time entirely understanding what was going on until I forced material I had learned from Biology class from years before to surface from my preconscious to conscious mind till my eyes bled. Aside from drooling in pain, I was rather impressed that such material was being written in a fanfiction. It like like "Holy shit. An author that actually knows about what he's writing... NICE. *drools blood*"

Out of the prologue I am exposed to description of nice marsh lands, as well as nifty phrases such as "...creating a pillow of air underneath its body and wings." which made me go "Oh". The entire scene of the flight was very enjoyable to read, but it also surpised me. And this is because it was written with patience and real consideration to the happenings of the sequence, something that is usually generalized and not as thorough in most fanfictions.

However, with the coming of conversation, I'm distracted by something. And it's the - that you place after quotation marks. I've never seen anyone do that before. So why? Also, when writing out thoughts, you don't always need to say "he thought" or have the thoughts in quotations, you can have them like this 'I like meatloaf...' as opposed to "I like meatloaf..." - he thought. God, I hate meatloaf. Well, anyway...

Do people buy vitamin C tablets from chemists?

And now...

... the use of "darn".

Oh, pff. I won't even get into it. "Heck is where you go when you don't believe in Gosh".

But, as for paws...

...Okay, I know that these are kats, but paws and hands are very distinguishable, and you know this. Everyone knows this. Why not apply it? Paws don't have opposable thumbs. While they ARE kats, they don't have paws for hands. They have hands. And reading "paw" makes for ODD imagrey when it's not necessary. I kept doing doubletakes while reading about Viper using his acidic saliva to burn T-Bone's "paws" and I was always like "ARRGH! They're HANDS, God dammit!"

I also have a general SWAT Kats question: If claws can undo locks, then why don't have have a standard lock that can't be opened with a claw?

Another weak point that I see in your writing is your habit of corny quotes, or things that don't necessarily need to be said. Like...

"He's a bit hot..." - he thought - "It's a good sign. It means his system is fighting back the infection... He's not well but he's not that bad either... He'll get over this. He's a tough fighter. He won't let a simple cold get him down."

Things got a little awkward when he said "He's a touch fighter. He won't let a simple cold get him down". It just seems... misplaced, especially considering their age, and that people don't say "simple cold". Sometimes you will just SAY things in your writings that clarify a bit too much and end up making things seem corny. Like when they show concern for eachother. "What a good friend..." It's just weak, man. Leave something to read between the lines.

Sometimes you just BAFFLE me with stuff. You change your style sometimes, to plain and informatory to scientific and literal.

"He soon regretted having done so for a stinging pain shot through his temples as the continuous rushes of blood inflated the arteries running across both sides of his forehead and forced the fine neural mesh surrounding them, inducing the pain."

It was like, "WHOA. Didn't see that coming". But it's really cool, though. Robin Cook does that a lot in his novels. Like in Coma, where at one point, when someone was watching surgury (I think, I read the book a long time ago), he gave, in detail, the physiological happenings of his brain recieving the information taken from the eyes and was analyzed, a systematic chemcial reaction flared, blah blah blah, and the end result was vomiting himself silly.

I don't have a lot of time left, so I need to wrap this up. I'll give you another review for the next chapter, and even mention some things that happened in this one in the next review that I couldn't write now, because of time.

Awesome work, man. But I must say that I'm surprised that people your age even write Swat Kats. The show was made 10, 9 years ago, so you must have been in your teens when it was out. I read the fanfictions because of the childhood interest thing. I don't know what YOU have going for you.
Cherazor chapter 2 . 5/9/2003
Whoa... this was great, but, I wanted to know more! Why all the loose ends? I want to know! Argh! You evil...
KS Claw chapter 2 . 5/6/2003
::tail POFS OUT!:: AYYIAH!
Delas chapter 1 . 1/22/2003
That was great! I totally loved it! I'm sure you've already got several threats of bodily harm if you don't continue this, so I'll spare you that. _ Update soon!
Nicky4 chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Nice start. I cannot wait to read the rest. Though I shouldn't really be one to talk about finishing what I start.
Cherazor chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Hey you... evil thing! You better continiue this or else I'll... hug you! Yes, that's what I'm going to do! Hug you! Mwhahah... the hug of doom!
AleGnA chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
Wow! That was great! You're discriptiveness was really well done and you even explained things well which is good or I probably wouldn't have understood any of it. Well, the scientific parts anyway. It's a great story and I can't wait to find out how the next part goes! Write more soon!
KS Claw chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
::SCREAMS IN RAGE:: DARN YOU! YOU...YOU...FIEND! INFIDEL! WRITE MORE OF THIS OR...Or...I dunno, but I am gonna do something BAD!