Reviews for Inner War
Guest chapter 41 . 2/13/2017
I picked these up over as ksarchive, and I'm glad to have found them here. I'm really enjoying this total AU world you're contructing in these fics - I don't often find completely AU stuff appealing, but the world you've made and the characters you've created are excellent. I especially like your OCs - Chanel, Zienn, Overlander and Grange. You've given depth to human and Vulcan relationships in a beautiful way. I also love your Spock. A decade or so younger than the Vulcan we met in TOS, with all the brains but also some of the uncertainty that that implies. You're doing a masterful job with him. Thank you so much for writing this and I shall look forward to installment four!
Guest chapter 39 . 10/4/2016
So glad Overlander got together with Zienn.
Rosaria Marie chapter 1 . 9/24/2016
Hi, KaraStorm,

How are you doing? I am enjoying reading your continuing fan-fic stories on Star Trek, especially Kirk and Spock's complex relationship. You bring it to life really well.

For the 50th anniversary commemoration, I was wondering if you might possibly be interested in having your piece, "Amok Aftermath", republished on a magazine I edit called The Fellowship of The King (the link is on my profile). We have a variety of fan-fiction material on there, and I would be honored if you might consider allowing us to republish some of your own material. It would be a nice way of furthering your readership and exposure, as have a pretty diverse and multi-faceted reader-base.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Blessings,
Rosaria Marie
tanseynz chapter 41 . 9/15/2016
I think, even though they are both well prepared for their separation and disciplined at heart, it's going to bite far more than either expect. And, should something happen to either, the other will find it extremely difficult not to drop everything in order to retrieve them.
Grange is a fascinating fellow - his outside doesn't match his inside.
Thankyou so much for sharing this. I look forward to the next epic when it arrives, and this time I'll favourite you as author so I don't miss it. Best of fortune with your other projects meanwhile :-)
tanseynz chapter 40 . 9/13/2016
Another extremely smart chapter with some exceptionally good homegrown philosophy within. Kirk might be speaking as if he has fifty years of service under his belt, but then you reread and see the maverick is still there, just contained, for the moment.
Spock's certainty is serene. Grange? Had to laugh.
tanseynz chapter 39 . 9/9/2016
I think Zienn has finally realised the three paths are actually a journey, but he's not going to find it easy, philosophising about it or not. And the sex adds an entirely new dimension.
In this, Spock is definitely his superior given the difficulties he's faced since early childhood.
One small critique - only shoes are 'shined'. Using the past tense, light 'shone' through the apartment while in the present tense it 'shines'.
tanseynz chapter 38 . 9/6/2016
Some growth all around. Sarek at this point is extremely interesting given his change in approach to Spock. Meanwhile, Spock is going to be a very busy boy indeed.
tanseynz chapter 37 . 9/1/2016
This entire chapter made me SMILE! It certainly validated Sulu's extreme attitude, plus the interactions between him and Spock were so crisp and to the point. Loved it!
And as for Gladys...words fail me. Made me laugh though ;-)
tanseynz chapter 36 . 8/29/2016
Imo the relief Kirk thought he'd feel at getting his commission back doesn't seem to have eventuated. Although he's slightly distracted by the crew of Ranger and a few from the Sanchez, he's more focused on losing Spock to the temple, and clearly he has no idea what to do about his emotions surrounding that.
He can play the popular politics game with Starfleet and the media, but is his heart really in it?
Hmmm...
PHXYOTE chapter 35 . 8/25/2016
Really great story.
tanseynz chapter 35 . 8/25/2016
Really a foregone conclusion, but Sulu's questions seemed odd in that arena. Given the evidence why Kirk protected Spock on the Ranger is available to Starfleet, plus Spock's hybrid status made it doubtful Vulcan absolutes should apply to him, Sulu's repeated intensity about his maturity or lack of appeared rather contrived. Is he an as yet unrecognised compromised officer?
tanseynz chapter 34 . 8/22/2016
So far, so good. Nothing out of the ordinary unless maybe Zienn's level of abilities. But to have a trial in front of a panel of five just to be reinstated? Methinks there is much more to come...
tanseynz chapter 33 . 8/16/2016
Due to a recent illness I had the time and opportunity to start this from the very beginning of the series, and I'm so glad I did. Not only had I lost some perspective but I'd forgotten quite a few incidents which have led to the position Kirk and Spock are now in.
Better acquaintance with many of the OC's now helps a lot when looking at progression and plot.
Had to laugh at the two cadets reaction to Spock's reconfigured ship. Heaven forbid as seniors they admire a first year's work, let alone a Vulcan!
Overlander's got the hots for Zienn? OMG!
Looking forward to the hearing and how Areel juggles all those balls!
tanseynz chapter 32 . 8/5/2016
That was utterly beautiful, and left Sarek with not one single thing he could say. Astounding!
Those two, Spock and Kirk, are so good for each other, something I think has Spock off balance.
tanseynz chapter 31 . 8/1/2016
Both of them have so many assumptions, and as Spock said, he suffers for Sarek's choices based on most of those assumptions. Sarek really needed to hear that, and it's also good he's working extremely hard at attempting to look at his son, as much as is Vulcanly possible, without his preconceptions.
It will be interesting to see if either comes around to the others way of thinking enough.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »