Reviews for A Late Night Stroll
DoubleL27 chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
Wow! That was good. Really good.

Snape and Ron are in character through out, yet it's all very sweet. I loved the changing scene, you could feel the strain between the two characters. Ron's concern, which was unwanted by both characters was spot on. Wonderful Job.

Laura
iwasateenager chapter 1 . 3/2/2003
I can't believe I didn't review this.

I'm not really up to a nice critique-full review, so I'll just respond on an emotional level.

Mindblowingly

Shellshockingly

Eloquently

Satisfyingly

Completely and totally. good.
fable2112 chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
Excellent work. One of the things that I like best about this story is that it is NOT slash. Yes, I know that's odd coming from me, because I write and read it sometimes in this fandom it does seem as though most writers believe that the only reason one person will take care of another is if the two of them are secretly in love, somehow. Thanks for not adding to the cliche. :)
Cas chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
You know, I really like your characterisation of Snape in this. He shows as much gratitude towards Ron as one would expect him to. I also like what you do with Ron -

"It was at this point that he firmly decided never to go for an after hours stroll again." lol, this was good too. That whole scene with getting Snape into the hospital robes is wonderful - all the excruciating embarassment from both parties that one would expect.

I'm less sure about some other parts though. There's some disconcerting switches into Snape's POV for a few sentences here and there when the whole of the rest of the piece is from Ron's. I don't know that it particularly adds anything, in fact I think it would be just as effective entirely from Ron's POV. The other thing that doesn't work particularly for me is the flashback of the trio going to see Snape at Christmas. It obviously has to happen for the plot, but it doesn't quite ring true for me in terms of characterisation.

Overall though, this is very good, and I love the outcome - how the blindness is resolved, that's very well done. Nice work.

Cas
Kouryou Sanomi chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
OMG I love it! The only non-slash fic I have yet to read where Ron and Sev get over their differences! Amazing really! *smirk* But you know, that u could easily turn this into Ron/Sev if you continied the story.

Ah, what am I saying? Just cuz I'm obsessed with the potions master and I'm happy no matter who he's paired with (within reason) doesn't mean everyone else is. _;
Shikala chapter 1 . 2/6/2003
Very sweet. I love long one-shots. Your characterization is absolutely wonderful! It's so... SWEET! Yay!
labrisa chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
I can't seem to write a competent review, so please excuse me as I burst into tears again *sniffles*

[translation: loved it!]
Vara chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
Beautiful.
shadowycat chapter 1 . 1/29/2003
Excellent! This was truly well done. I was so intrigued that you used Ron instead of Harry. It was a fine choice. I liked that he could relate Snape's injuries to his brother's. It turned out to be a learning experience for both of them. I'm curious who was under those cloaks, but I suppose ultimately it doesn't really matter. It does show that even inside Hogwarts...it's not always safe.

(Oh, and as to who would have guessed that Snape wore black silk boxers...the answer seems to be, anyone who writes Snape fanfiction!) :) Nicely done once again!
PatrickMcKinney chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
That was so sweet and adorable! And Snape didn't even get out of charecter! Wow! YAY! That really cheered me up!
Redone chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
That was really good! I'm glad for once to see Ron as something other than a git. And something in me secretly hopes that Snape would take to giving the Gryff Trio some extra lessons or something. (You see a lot of fics where either Hermione or Harry gets to be his apprentice, but never one where all three are his apprentices or they form a sort of, dunno, a Task Force or something).

-Red
xikum chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
A unique insight into both Ron and Severus, when one really needs a friend. I liked very much.
Cariad chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
I enjoyed reading this story... very imaginitive plot with clear writing & details. The flow from one setting/character to the next is smooth. Would love to read more from you!
Winged-Magus chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
That is one GREAT story! You've got a great talent there and i hope i get to read something this good again!
Myranya chapter 1 . 1/18/2003
Very interesting! Nice to see a good Ron fic and you got Snape down well too (well, I know you do Snape well from your other fics :)).
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »