Reviews for Ever Faithful
AL chapter 3 . 10/18/2007
Just a minor detail: I'm assuming that Michael is also a Muggle or else he or Doreen would've been able to take Claire to Diagon Alley...so wouldn't it not be possible for him to cross the barrier?

Other than that, great job so far; you're not overly dramatic like most people become with this kind of writing style, which is good.
coalhaus chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
OH! You are such an excellent writer. PLEASE update soon! I hope you do. I know it's been two years or so, but I don't care! This is an awesome story and you write it so...expertly! PLEASE PLEASE update soon!
Amy chapter 3 . 5/19/2004
Just a few picky little things:
- And estate in the heart of London, surrounded by rose gardens? Are we really likely to find a country manor right in the middle of London? Perhaps a grand townhouse would be more plausible.
- Why are all her family's things seized by the crown? Were her parents in debt? If not, her family's money and property would go to her when she came of age.
- In chapter two, you first call the boys' orphanage "St. Paul's," then you call it "St. Patrick's."
ruler-of-deadly-cupcakes chapter 3 . 4/25/2004
i love your story its really good!
Pimpelipom chapter 3 . 11/11/2003
Finally you continue! Wonderful! I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter. There never are enough decent Riddle stories and this one had the beginnings of a very decent one.

Good work! Cheers, Lalage
Kaiya Darkwolf chapter 3 . 11/5/2003
wow i love this so far - you have to update soon, it's an amazing start to the story!

LS
gothic-neelam chapter 3 . 10/30/2003
wicked chapter!
Claire chapter 3 . 6/19/2003
My name is Claire and I'm French lol

No, I mean, really!
Beguile the Time chapter 3 . 5/23/2003
Would you mind terribly if I worshipped you? This is amazing... your writing style is mind blowing... every detail, every word is just perfect.

"I am Claire Katrine Gabrielle de la Valence. This is my story."

That's a bit of a cliched statement...

I really liked Tom's characterization... it annoys me to no end when authors make him this little demon-child with no personality other than a desire to kill Muggles (even if he hadn't recieved his Hogwarts letter previous to that). So, yes, you did a nice job with that...

I also like Claire's character, although I was wondering about one thing... if she was so spoiled when she was younger, wouldn't she have retained that somewhat, at least in the beginning of her years in the orphanage? Granted, she had only lived a spoiled lifestyle until she was five, but I've found that only-children who have been spoiled when they are younger tend to have some of that stick in their disposition...

The first chapter actually reminded me a lot of Jane Eyre, only you didn't spend like 70 pages chronicalling the atrocities committed by the orphanage people. ;-) Hehe, but I sincerely enjoyed the entire thing, otherwise I wouldn't be reviewing...

"A new figure had come to dominate my dreams. Rarely did I see my parents. Instead, a young man with the music of angels haunted me, his face ever a mask of despair, his very being an embodiment of secrets lost forever."

That line is so incredibly reminiscent of The Phantom of the Opera... I almost had a heart attack when I read it. (Yes, I am strange... and obsessed.) Oh, and by the way, I hope we find out more about the fiddler, he was intriguing.

Very, very good job! I can't wait until the next chapter! :-D

~Rachel~
Amy chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
Hey, when are you gonna update? It's been forever! If you don't update soon, I think I'll have to tell Mr. Darcy! And you wouldn't want that, would you?
JVicious chapter 3 . 4/13/2003
It's stories like these that help me remember how much fun fan fiction is to read! This is the first story that I have read involving a main original character that I truely have enjoyed. Though, I must admit that I was afraid that this might turn out to be a Mary Sue, but you've given Claire so many layers, substance and mystery that she's become a character that you can sympathise and connect with. I personally am just as curious about the fiddler's odd behaviour as she is. Sometimes I feel so absorbed that it is me that is experiencing these. I am Claire for a chapter or two.

Your writing style is sophisticated, yet fun. Usually sophistication can sometimes give a stiff feeling when reading it, but yours is free and flowing.

I really hope you continue with this story. And if its not too much to ask, I really would like to be e-mailed when you get your next chapter up. If it was down to just me checking to see when you next update it would never get done! So, my address is: . I really can't wait for the next installment! :D
the bystander chapter 3 . 3/30/2003
My, my, this is interesting.

I've read a few fics concerning Voldemort, and one of them remains forever my ultimate choice. I will do what I can to refrain from comparing yours to that.

I've read the beginnings of your story, and I am mainly enjoying the style with which you conquer the setting. I've always had a certain penchant for classical styles, even if the literature of those golden ages is not always my foremost choice. Of course, it's a wise decision to match the style of writing with the time period used, and I thank you for playing the right card on that level.

Not much has been revealed concerning Tom yet, but the allusions you've dropped are sufficient for a beginning part of a story. I thank you again for painting Tom's love and childhood in a dark, sober cast, for the character of Lord Voldemort and all his faces deserve no less.

Claire...I can't give a direct reason for it, but it just seems right that you made her of French heritage and involved with Riddle's life.

Please continue. I understand crowded schedules, and that you can only update as much as time allows. Also, I wouldn't have you rush this, because in doing so you would butcher the satisfying mold you have created here. All the same, I will be waiting!
opal star chapter 3 . 3/19/2003
update this soon please it is very well (for lack of a better word this late at night) written
Avluela chapter 3 . 3/14/2003
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

This story is a true masterpiece. The whole story flows smoothly; the characters are deep and dark with a very human pain. Usually I have little fondness for OC, but your Claire is an exception to that rule. I can really *feel* for her, *care* for her. I applaud your talent. This is one of a kind.

~Avluela
Hide-hime chapter 3 . 3/6/2003
Your writing style is quite well-rounded and fluid, your transitions are nice, but I wanted to offer a few things that you could improve upon. So far, it seems as though you've been drawing heavily upon I Am Lord Voldemort for ideas and I'm not sure I agree with that. If you're going to write a fic, write it so that you find it original, don't reuse other's ideas. Also, the dialogue of the younger characters seems too mature to be realistic. Your OC's personality is rather original, thank you very much for that, but her past is a bit overused. Overall, I think your writing is very solid but you might want to really try to make the fic different from most TR's past fics. Keep writing!