Reviews for Shadows and Light
I'm gonna stop reading, your making me want to jump in this fic and rip Jaune's sisters heads off for how they talk and treat Jaune.
FallenHuntr chapter 13 . 11/4
Rensexual, the mysterious third gender
Flowslikepixelz chapter 17 . 11/2
...Please don't tell me Deery is going to become part of the harem.

...She is, isn't she?
The omakes are getting too long. I don't think using nearly a third of your word-count for what amounts to inside-jokes is good practice. Personally, I would even prefer a longer chapter completely without omake.
PrometheusDark chapter 17 . 10/30
Harem Protagonist Jaune is OP, plz nerf.

Not gonna lie, kinda bummed for Jaune that Blake is gonna pretend they just met. She could have easily made up a believable, simple lie that wouldn't strain their friendship. Then again, as much as Blake likes to play it cool, she really isn't the best at making life choices soooo. . . Yeah, this is pretty in line with how she'd act.

Wonder how you'll compose the teams. Stick to canon, or mix it up a bit? Personally, I like both options, they have their own pros and cons to them. Can't wait to see how it goes from here!
Dood Whitefang chapter 17 . 10/29
Fun read as always~
THEREADINGADDICT123 chapter 17 . 10/29
Personally I felt this was one of the weaker chapters imo. Not really your fault as it pretty endemic to chapters that cover stuff already covered in canon. There's only so many times you can read about Jaune watching Ruby explode after all. And yeah, the delivery over Jaune's sisters beating him if he wasn't respectful was kinda off as well.

Speaking of, you absolutely nailed the feeling of shitty, overpowered Harem!Jaune in that omake. I actually forgot I was reading Shadows and Light for a second there. Kudos to you for that.
dracohalo117 chapter 17 . 10/28
Awesome chapter!

dracohalo117
BMAN92 chapter 17 . 10/28
While the story is great I felt like the reasoning why Blake is ignoring Jaune felt a little hollow. She could of easily told people her and Jaune were friends or that they grew up together and left it at that. No one would be searching her past unless she did something suspicious, like in the cannon, Ozpin already knew of her past.

Hahaha the omake was awesome. Poor deery just thrown to the wolves. I would love to see Neo become one of the wives as well. Maybe have Jaunes mom convince her by buying her unlimited ice cream. That would be great.
Nitrozz chapter 17 . 10/27
This chapter was a bit slow to move much along, which can be expected since a lot of it is rehashing the episode with a few key differences. Still, it was a nice little set up for the initiation. Can't wait to see what changes if anything and I'm eagerly awaiting the point where they get to sit with each other and chat it out. Keep up the good work.

As for the omake... oh man I love these. They're just a treat to read at the end, a nice little cap off to cap off the chapter... like dessert! I do have one question... what happened to Ilia? Did she get obliterated with the Adam or did she go invisible and left her clothes in order to escape the crazy Arcs?
scottusa1 chapter 17 . 10/27
Great chapter. Good start for Beacon. Loved the Omake as well. The forth wall break, Jaune's OPness, and June acquiring Deery. I'm half surprised June didn't snag Ilia as well.

Great stuff. Keep it up. Laters.
Kocainum chapter 17 . 10/27
Sure hope for further interactions between jaune and blake. I get that they have to hide her past but at least behind closed door and stuff... Great chapter.
Bookfisher chapter 17 . 10/27
Charming story, the prelude drags a bit but there is set up a lot in that prelude. Like fleshing out 6 out 7 sisters that likely turn up later (seriously Blake a have painted a big Mordant target on her back)
Its a good dark knight.
Also the Omaek is a hilarious skewering of harem-stories.

So.. its a good read
The Masked Mummer chapter 17 . 10/27
Nice to see we're finally in Beacon, and seeing the butterfly ripples begin to manifest. I'm honestly a little unsure of what the team's are going to be.

As for the omake: dear God. You somehow managed to up the ante even higher than it already was. Bravisimo.
Sturdivant chapter 17 . 10/27
Although I did roll my eyes a bit at Jaune still crushing on Weiss, I'm glad you don't have Jaune clinging to Blake's very presence. I like that he was perceptive enough to pick up on Blake's silent cues. The social awkwardness trope is overplayed early in canon. In fact, I feel like RT tried to hard to make Jaune the viewer proxy. Him not knowing what aura was despite having huntress sisters was hella stupid. Honestly, Jaune being socially awkward and dense with romance in canon got to me too. I mean, c'mon! He has seven sisters! I'm not saying that he should be LL Cool J, but damn! Sorry about that rant, it just bugs me.

I look forward to seeing how the test plays out with Jaune actually being a proficient fighter.