Reviews for Harry Potter and the Enigma in the Phone Book
Ariadne Venegas chapter 1 . 1/14
I like it!

even if I think Harry Potter was more incompetent than he is and must be after auror academy. Potter was always good at running, so I think he could do a little better there, Dresde would have win in that anyway in the running.
mumphie chapter 1 . 9/10/2020
Loved it! I can see many more adventures on both sides of the pond.
The Shadow Wolfe chapter 1 . 5/24/2019
A very amusing read. Nice job.
CaDor chapter 1 . 10/1/2018
this is fun. and a welcome change from stories where hp magic trumps everthing dresden-verse. its fun seeing potter as the underdog to the more experienced, and athletic, dresden.
JanieOhio chapter 1 . 7/14/2018
lol. fun story. thanks
Elise chapter 1 . 11/14/2017
Perfect! :) Thumbs up!
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Nice story. I really liked the idea, though I felt that the dialogue (especially for Potter) was a little formal and OOC. Good job otherwise, though
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
Cute. Harry Potter, rookie Auror, accidentally side-portkeying to Chicago.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Foxy Engineer chapter 1 . 7/6/2016
Lol
Parks98 chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
well that was a good story.
TashaLee2476 chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
Loved the ending. Was hoping for some Potter/Dresden man on man.
Fainfan chapter 1 . 4/21/2016
Hahahaha wow. It was nice reading this
metalican overlord slayer chapter 1 . 4/20/2016
lol.
A chapter 1 . 4/15/2016
Not enough Dresden xovers out there. Nice read.
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 1 . 3/28/2016
I feel like this was an absolutely amazing idea for a crossover that was robbed of its maximum potential. You did really, really well in the beginning, and the spelling, grammar, and set-up are well-done. The characters interact - mostly - believably, and you didn't fall into the horrifyingly common trap of making Harry Potter into a wisecracking bad-ass. I cannot stress that last part enough. the number of stories I've read that have Potter as the smartass magical prodigy in order to keep up with Dresden is just... depressing. For example: Awaken Sleeper. It's an interesting concept... but Harry Potter's character just doesn't work because the author tried to make him a wiseass. So yes, you did wonderfully in keeping Harry Potter in-character.

Where the story falls appart is when they don't recognize each other as working for directly opposed wizard governments. Your average Potter wizard should be on the Council's most wanted list before leaving Hogwarts. I'll outline how this works in a moment, but for now I'd like to propose a possibility. Harry, as an Auror, is likely ordered to be on the look out for WC wizards. running into Harry Dresden, he probably tries to mind-wipe him. However, he misses, and Dresden gets away and manages to call the council with a code wolf situation. They start investigating and find out that there's an entire society of warlocks running around a few countries. The International Statute of Secrecy is probably solely so that the Council doesn't notice anything, and it only takes a couple countries for something to be international.

There's a few options here. Either they send in Ebenezer, and he whips out his big black stick in order to spray some black magic around... Or, the wardens put on their own little crusade. Seeing how that progresses could be interesting, as the MoM doesn't really have the kind of power, scale, or common sense required to deal with the Council in any way that leads to them being victorious. But, the steps to the Council's victory might be interesting to read.

Now, how the Potter Wizards break the Laws...

First Law: Everyone's doing this one in the Potter series. Even the good guys never consider something other than using magic to kill.

Second Law: Human transfiguration is part of sixth year curricular.

Third Law: Admittedly, mind magic is less common in the Potter universe. However, even the supposed Big Good(Dumbledore) knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if mind reading is more common in government agents, either.

Forth Law: Even the good guys are using the Imperius curse without a second thought by the end of the series.

Fifth Law: Infiiri(those zombie things the bad guys use)

Sixth Law: Time Turners, which the government hands out to the in-world equivalent of third-graders, on the condition that they're responsible.

Seventh Law:They don't actually break this one, so I sadly don't get bingo. However, I'm fairly certain that this is only because Cthulhu doesn't exist in the Potter Universe, and the story is for kids.