Reviews for Once Upon a Fandom
halfravenhalfclaw chapter 4 . 10/2
Aww this is cute
halfravenhalfclaw chapter 1 . 10/2
ahh this is so great! loved it!
Hogwarts Official chapter 5 . 9/6
Your Feedback for Assignment# 2

Examiner: Amber

Grade: 20/20 - O (Outstanding)

Feedback: "Even though there wasn't much characterization, Sirius and Remus both felt completely believable to me. They were both vibrant, and I love the idea of Sirius being a Traveler and having to save the day. Descriptions were, but you still managed to paint a clear image in my mind as I read. Merging these two fandoms is a unique idea. Obviously HP has a lot of time travel, but you made it completely original here. I also found it interesting that you chose to include a soulmate!au on top of everything else, and it felt natural. Interactions were brief but felt completely plausible given the basis of the AU. The flow wss good. You managed to include so much action and drama in a shorter word span without it feeling jarring. Dialogue and prose were well balanced and felt natural. The prompt was used clearly and originally. Since the basis of the fic was Sirius coming back to make the plane crash as smoothly as possible, and the aftermath that followed, it was clearly used in depth. The plot was complex, but not overtly so. You managed to explain the finer details attached to the fandom this was based on without it feeling over the top. I spotted no plot holes, and everything felt resolved in the end. This was completely enjoyable. You balanced drama and chaos with hope and sweetness, which was awesome. I also really like that you didn't write it in a way that would only appeal to Travelers fans. I feel like it could be enjoyed by anyone, not just those who have seen the show (which was confirmed by a friend who now wants to watch it after your fic) Spelling and grammar were good. No issues seen!"
Polly Little chapter 1 . 9/2
While Sirius did fall for Remus remarkably quickly, that definitely fits with the entire fairy tale aesthetic. The Black family's fairy tales were interesting, and though I would definitely have liked to see the effects of Sirius's godly heritage (any unusual abilities? Looks?) it definitely worked better than cramming then into someone else's story. Having them be related to Regina was a risky decision, but I think you pulled it off quite nicely. It was a little odd how little convincing she took to be persuaded that Sirius was happy, especially for a world where love spells definitely exist, so if you ever do rewrite it without a word limit, their relationship would be something to focus on (he was left with an abusive family for decades because of her magic!). I love love loved Remus being an incredibly powerful deity, and yet still burning food and wearing too-big cardigans. It's very him!
Written for the Caesar's Palace Reviewathon. Come join us, it's fun!
sd4ianto chapter 5 . 8/22
I kind of like that show. This was different. Innovative. Interesting.
hato-ryou-chan chapter 5 . 8/21
I have never seen that show but it sounds interesting. I liked this little story though. It’s definitely a new plot to explore. To have found a soulmate in the most random of places. But, love happens when you least expect it.
MoonytheMarauder1 chapter 5 . 8/21
Ahhh, I loved this! I’m very intrigued about the show now. Sounds good. :) I just... I really love this concept. Something about Sirius being trained specially for this but Remus being the calm one... *shrugs*
Anyway, this was fantastic. :) I just love those two. I can’t wait to read more from this collection!
The Crownless Queen chapter 4 . 6/29
Aww, this was lovely. I haven't seen Grease in ages so I don't remember anything about the movie or the plot apart from like the cars and the clothes and like 2 songs, but this definitely had the right kind of feel for a Grease AU. Sirius as the bad boy wannabe who tries to act like he doesn't care because he does care, and Remus as the lovesick boy who lost Sirius' number (cwl) Perfect.
Also I loved James in this and how he just got Sirius to go for it and stop being a complete idiot. #friendship goals
This was cute and very sweet to read. Nice work!
Cheers!
Someone aka Me chapter 4 . 6/28
right, so my entire grease knowledge is that sandra dee (?) wears a pink jacket and sings some songs with a guy in leather. And that's from parks and rec and glee.

that being said, I still enjoyed reading this. Sirius needing a talking to from James to remember that not everything is about his image was great. Honestly, Sirius and James' relationship was a highlight in this fic. And I love James conspiring with Gideon.

I have a love hate relationship with jealousy plotlines (in that I kind of like them in fic and hate them in real life) but protective sirius made me smile.

I really just feel like the moral here is to do your own damn laundrey, boys ;)
MissingMommy chapter 4 . 6/26
Sirius is a fucking moron. Trying to be cool and let people believe he's not interested in Remus. I rolled my eyes so hard.

I love how you picked the characters to suit Grease. I think you did a good job picking them out. Though, Marlene is a kind of a toss up lol.

I loved that James had asked Gideon to pretend to want to date Remus (I'm pretty sure it was pretend and that Gideon was just there to make Sirius jealous). James was not taking his lies, and I love it. Sirius begging for a second chance was lovely. He really did care about Remus but was recluent to admit it.

I wish that the girls played more of a role in the story, y'know?
Dark Angel Of Sorrow Returns chapter 4 . 6/26
Okay, so I just happen to like Grease, and the way things looked throughout the fic definitely gave me Grease vibes. Every character utilized in this story was in character for me, and I could have seen them in the movie instead of the actual characters. It was funny, fluffy, and the songs were playing in my mind during the scenes, especially "Summertime.". Gideon better watch out trying to touch on Sirius' man *snaps fingers* but overall, you brought a good amount of depth and dialogue for this story to become a visual and alive. Great work! It's going to be hard choosing between your stories because you bring so much life into story after story that I don't know which one is more canonical. Who am I kidding, pfft. All of them.
hmweasley chapter 4 . 6/25
James and Gideon teaming up to get Sirius to admit his feelings for Remus was hilarious to me.

Sirius abrupt change of heart at the end did feel a little jarring to me. I get having a strong reaction to Gideon making a move on Remus, but it was kind of a surprise to see him apologize to Remus so suddenly when he hadn't been able to get over his image before. Though I guess James had already been pushing him in that direction right before he told Sirius that Gideon was stroking Remus' arm.

The way you incorporated Grease into this was quite nice. It was easy for me to imagine the story in my head as looking like the movie in terms of cinematography. I think you did a very nice job with it.
silvia STARling chapter 4 . 6/22
Wow, this was so cute and made me smile. The whole time, as a reader I felt so flirty and uncertain about where this was going. I loved the beginning, just that first bit and the way the dialogue flowed - grabbed my attention right off. For a while I forgot about the Grease perspective of this piece, but as I think about how you incorporated that, I thought it worked well and I got that vibe, and I could see a lot of similarities in the characters. I watched Grease a while back so it's not super fresh but I even like how you had the comment about the jacket, like a little Easter egg for the reader that can appreciate it.

I think I would critique you on Sirius's character. Ignoring the fact that Sirius is gay (because that is the obvious change you made which I'm cool with), for example when Sirius cupped Remus's cheek - it was affectionate, but I imagine him more devil-may-care, slick, and edgy, so that is not how I would imagine Sirius to flirt. And then how he flip-flopped and protected Remus, admitting that he likes Remus... maybe it was too abrupt for my little brain?

I did really enjoy the flirting though from Remus's perspective, I think it humanized it and made me more invested. The part in the middle where Remus panics and worries that he might get bullied for being gay helped me connect as well.

Cheers, really enjoyed it.
jennybenny2845 chapter 4 . 6/13
Admittedly, I’m not familiar with Grease since I’m not keen on musicals so I read a quick summary to try to understand what you were aiming for with this fic.

You did a great job incorporating the Grease elements. I can totally picture Sirius as the quintessential bad boy and Remus as the innocent one. I smiled at the idea of him having to wear the pink jacket.

Sometimes you need friends to help guide you in the right direction. Sirius was a jerk to Remus when they met. I’m glad James called Sirius out on his bs. Also, love the set up with Gideon. Sirius jealously and the idea of Remus being snatched up helped him finally admit his feelings. Sirius’s request that Remus wear any cardigan made me smile too.

One minor SPAG error - [Look at what Gideon done!”]. Done should be did.

Overall, an enjoyable read. it seems like Sirius and Remus are on their way to a relationship. They needed some help to get them there, but they got it, and that’s what matters.
sd4ianto chapter 4 . 5/8
Ooh we need the drive in!