Reviews for Standing Resolute
Mingyu chapter 6 . 10/12/2016
I kinda like this system. Granted, the first read I couldn't quite get a handle on what was going on. But I now blame that on just waking up. Things were a lot clearer the second time around.

Not as flashy this time, but this one had some solid exchanges of fire...which is about what I expect from any first person POV of a gunfight. Thanks for the chapter!
Mingyu chapter 5 . 8/20/2016
Nice chapter. Herald was a good vehicle to introduce some backstory, and it was interesting to see Path to Victory endorsing X-Com.

Poor Danny. But at least he's in blissful ignorance about what his daughter does...and it was funny that Taylor's subordinate had to cover for her. Thanks for the chapter!
Krulla Chief chapter 5 . 8/16/2016
Eh, I prefer Bellator in Machina.
Mingyu chapter 4 . 7/20/2016
Well, whoever these people are, they inadvertently saved Taylor from the locker. And yet somehow, I doubt it worked out well for her if she's spending the present commanding units to take down aliens and parahumans alike.

That system works for me. It provides a good framework, and the chapters are short enough that I can easily go back and review if I forgot backstory. Thanks for the chapter!
Loyaltothelegion chapter 4 . 7/20/2016
Damn thin men?
Loyaltothelegion chapter 3 . 7/19/2016
I really love Xcom, so this already floats my boat. The fact that for on e normals aren't completely a null factor in parahuman fights is great too- watching the tactics employed and forcing a teenage mover into a fist fight with a trained soldier was a clever move. Myself being overly reliant on explosives in Xcom, I'd whole hearts fly approve of the recruitment of Bakuda. Seems like a vey shady black ops -I mean Xcom- thing to do.
Mingyu chapter 3 . 7/18/2016
Nice job! I liked the mix of known and unknown intelligence they received. And the punchline at the end was pretty damn funny!

Of course, any Japanese person that gets X-ray three's power set would style themselves a ninja. Thanks for the chapter!
Mingyu chapter 2 . 4/17/2016
Soooooo...izat Taylor as Commander? I'd be curious as to how that came about. But I suppose I'll allow myself to be distracted by another fight. Seeing the soldiers introduced was nice. As well as the character developments with the Commander (whoever she may be). Thanks for the chapter!
MEleeSmasher chapter 2 . 4/17/2016
How did Taylor become the Commander? Is she a Thinker now?
fellow chapter 1 . 3/27/2016
Pretty cool story concept.
Mingyu chapter 1 . 3/25/2016
And the wait is over! Great start! Definitely hits the ground running in terms of action. And the action flow was really good, although I didn't get a grasp of what the mutants looked like (the "worm-like abominations" part confused me when I got to the part when they had limbs). So I just looked up some of the Xcom enemy units online.

I was hoping for a more direct tie-in to Worm, but this will do for now. The main thing I'm wondering is if there will be a recognizable central character. You don't name the Xcom soldier narrating this, so they could be the main character or 'nameless mook number 362' for all I know. Well, it's only at the prologue chapter. I really should just shut up and let the story come out.

I'm interested to see how the PRT operates in this fusion. Are all parahumans the enemy? This definitely changes a few things around, but I think I can roll with it. Thanks for the chapter!
Indecisive Bob chapter 1 . 3/25/2016
Nice story so far! Though wow, X-com in Worm-verse? Replace aliens with Parahumans and Endbringers, and now I'm hooked. Your brief description of the Commander sounds suspiciously like Taylor Hebert, which comes with all sorts of interesting implications. Keep up the good work!