Reviews for Issei - The Gaming Gear
TheRazgrizDragon chapter 13 . 10/15
I really like this story so far and can't wait to see where you go with it. On another note; besides the usual canon harem pairing list which I don't plan on asking you to change if possible, I'm just going to ask if you could possibly think adding Sona, Raynare, and Murayama in the cards. I believe in writer choice (outside of direct incest) on pairings. Thinks for posting and awesome story.
Looking forward to Issei explain what happened to the devils
jaimevilla2001 chapter 13 . 10/8
Pls update, awesome story
What was the full name for stat LD
LameName98 chapter 13 . 9/25
Hope you update soon! When I found this I couldn't read anything else until I caught up. Great Job on the story btw I know it isn't easy making brand new content that people likely haven't read before and it's a tough challenge but seeing how long you've done this you're more than able to do it!
Luciendar chapter 13 . 9/5
I hope you haven't given up on this. It's a bit slow and i don't always like Issei's choices or abilities but it's good.

It is a bit odd that you go into so much detail about damage but hardly show how much damage Issei deals. It's also a bit hard to swallow that Rias and Sona aren't really trying to find out who he is.
rwbyfan0071 chapter 13 . 9/1
More pls.
Harmlesstyrant chapter 11 . 8/29
Great story, but one error I caught, when Issei equips the SIG he racks the slide, then cocks the hammer. That's all done in the same action, so the hammer is already good to go. Please don't take this as criticism, just my gun nut senses clicked.
Cleddyf chapter 13 . 8/25
I just wanted to say thank you for writing this. You integrate the Gamer stuff into DXD really well and I like how you tweaked things so the King gets "XP" from their servants, makes sense really.

Can't wait for Asia and Rias to find out exactly whom the Mysterious Armored Figure is. :)
Just found this story and read all the chapters you have written so far.
Greatly enjoyed. Looking forward to more.
dragonfighter11 chapter 13 . 8/14
moving waay too slowly...
RumilsApprentice chapter 13 . 8/14
First time reviewer here, for any of your fics, SeerKing. Thanks for writing and posting!

I have to say that this has quickly become one of my top 2 favorite "Gamer" fics. The other being "Harry Potter Son of Gaea" by . . I love these so much more than others because the whole "Gamer" thing is not the entire point of the story. Instead the Gaming power is simply a layer of the story.

One of the major problems I have with High School DxD is the one dimensional characters that the plot basically forces on everyone. The Gamer Gear however, gives Issei a path to character growth in every are of life- combat, magic, moral, social, romantic, etc- early on in the story and before he becomes a devil. Also this gives the Kuoh devils more space in the narrative to be fully realized people as well.

I agree with Issei becoming a devil. It's honestly the only path that makes any sense. Any other path towards devil-like longevity and culturally normative harem relationships would be crazy convoluted.

I like all the world changes you made. The Purifier tutorial arc is a wonderful idea- way to bring RPG elements into the actual plot and not just Issei's powers. It will be interesting when that group comes back into the story later on.
Also, I like how Raynare and team are still loyal to Azazel, at least so far. I always feel there are a bunch of missed opportunities by killing off all the Fallen in the first arc.

I'm surprised you didn't give Issei a quest to keep his identity secret from the devils (or any of the Factions) for as long as possible. You could set it up with one or more quests- one for his identity, one for his status as the Red Dragon Emperor, etc. The rewards build up over time by the numbers of days or weeks that he keeps things hidden. Just an idea.

Also, Gaea trolling Issei while she helps him grow stronger and become a better person is simply gold. The ladies of his future harem will have to prostrate themselves before her for all the work she's doing.
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 13 . 8/13
The road of a 1000 miles to overwhelming greatness starts with a first step. Issei's gotta long way to go before he can surpass Boosted Gear's and Gamer Gear's previous wielders.
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 12 . 8/13
Oh Goody! Now Raynare is aware that there is a Sacred Gear user in Kuo town thanks to the now deceased Armaros. Issei's gonna have things be even more difficult for him, unless he can find a shortcut to empower himself enough to rival extremely powerful angels, devils and fallen.
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 11 . 8/13
WHAAAAAAT? AGENT FLAMBERGE IS A FALLEN ANGEL? RUN, ISSEI BOI! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
1,287 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »