Reviews for To Build A Home
jazz120 chapter 27 . 5/20
I loves this. this has to be one of my favorite ASL ff. The meeting with Shanks and Luffy was spot on. You mentioned that you usually don't finish your works, but i (and many others) would love a spin off or sequel. Just seeing how the changed story line would affect the rest of luffy's adventure. I also enjoyed Ace being at the center, its new and i didnt think I'll like it this much lol.
if you are thinking of a sequel, it doesn't have to be much. Some sprinkled info of how he meets and encourages the strawhats to join up until Fishman Island is enough.
GayorNot5 chapter 27 . 4/27
This was amazing, credits to you for actually finishing the story. It took me a while to read it all, but it was worth it. Definitely going into my favorite stories. :D
SlimDeedee chapter 9 . 3/30
I cannot put into WORDS just how gloriously in-character and accurate Shanks and Luffy's accidental meeting is. Everything around it is absolutely perfect, fantastic writing. You've got me smiling and getting feels all the way.
ALLPEACEPirate chapter 1 . 2/17
thank you so much for making this. i love the story flow, Sabo fcking threatening the government and marine is genius. i love the whitebeard and ace interaction so wholesome and heartfelt i love it. i took whole day to read this xDDD i didn't even eat, so immersive! 3
cannibal27 chapter 27 . 1/28
I’d really love a sequal that follows Luffy from the moment he sets sail. Sure it would be similar to cannon in someways like many others. But Luffy would be really strong and he’d have a constant connection to whitebeard and his brothers. His future crew would probably also know about him already because of his stint with the ASL pirates when he had a bounty as Dragon’s son. My point is you coukd write a really good story following Luffy as a sequal to this, or really any good story. This was great
VampireApple chapter 27 . 12/23/2019
This is such an amazing story. I love the emotion behind it, how you planted little seeds throughout and they grew to fruition. Loved Sarbo's brains and guts to blackmail the marines, and the focus on how debilitating Ace's narcolepsy could be. And best if all, Makino lives! I honestly thought she was dead.

Thank you so much for posting this fic!
badwolffor3ver chapter 27 . 10/24/2019
Omg I've just found this and it was fantastic. know its been a few years but i really hope you continue with your plans for the sequel, would be one of the best things x
LoveGlutton chapter 23 . 10/10/2019
Wait... reject dials with WHITEBEARD’S POWER IN THEM!?
LoveGlutton chapter 10 . 10/3/2019
NO! NO! DON’T YOU DO THIS TO ME YOU LITTLE SHIT

I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR VERSION OF ROUGE!
Rashy Abanag chapter 27 . 8/28/2019
I already read history a lot if times now but I never get tired of reading it! It's a really lovely story!
Kiki1770 chapter 27 . 6/23/2019
Yes yes yes! I can't wait to read the sequel! With all the events that have changed, I'm dying to read about Luffy meeting the Straw Hats and having adventures with them!

This is definitely one of the best OP Fanfictions I have ever read. Kudos to you for taking the canon story and making it your own! I look forward to reading a story where Luffy is the center of events.
Kiki1770 chapter 4 . 6/23/2019
I'm a little confused. Is Luffy 13 or 17 in your story? It seems to be going back and forth.
hnmiller chapter 8 . 6/3/2019
Righteous indignation... one of the best exchanges I have read.
Guest chapter 27 . 5/15/2019
And I really hope you will write a sequel some time (hopefully soon)
Guest chapter 27 . 5/15/2019
This was a better alternative than the original story. It is still tragic, far from senseless happiness, but it is so much better with all of them alive and in contact, as well as other people being okay. Thank you for this!