Reviews for Of Lilies and Remains
Guest chapter 7 . 9/12/2016
Nice chapter. Keep writing.
roon0 chapter 7 . 9/13/2016
I am loving this story.
roon0 chapter 4 . 9/13/2016
I love the twist you have placed on the cannon version, much better.
roon0 chapter 2 . 9/13/2016
Brilliant and so atmospheric.
roon0 chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Fabulously dark start. :D
hwyla chapter 7 . 9/12/2016
Just found this with the latest update. Seems to be an interesting start.

I do like how you actually have made Ron/Hermione sound somewhat plausible - mostly because you haven't made Ron the idiot he seemed to end up being by the end of the series. Thank you! I always disliked that the boy who sacrificed himself in that chess match ended up casting charms to pass a muggle driving test. I really like the way you have him admit that he's really angry about Snape living while Fred died, rather than just hating the 'git'. More nuanced, less prejudiced. And it will do him good to have to navigate the muggle world with Hermione for a while.

I do have to say that I really have never seen Snape as all that horrible to Harry as many apparently do. That probably has more to do with my age. If he had been my teacher when I was that age, no one would have thought him especially bad. And I certainly do not see him as any worse than Minerva or even Flitwick. The difference is that they never made their sarcastic remarks about Harry - only Neville.

I do see that you have chosen to present Harry as the 'whitewashed' movie version - which makes a big difference. It isn't as if he was actually taking notes in that first speech in the books. However, it IS a valid interpretation to use MovieCanon.

My main question is regarding your summary. Did you really mean that Harry and Hermione mentor Snape? Or are you going to have him mentor them? I must admit that my thoughts on the summary led me to think that Snape was coming back as a child, not an adult. And I cannot see adultSnape as being terribly happy being 'mentored' in his emotions, which is the only way I can see them mentoring him.
cre8tvdeb chapter 6 . 7/25/2016
I lost track of this story for a bit but I'm back - hope you'll update soon!
Innana chapter 6 . 6/4/2016
Well I won't lose any sleep over it but thank you for your review - my bad writing cannon pairings lol
Guest chapter 6 . 6/1/2016
Is this Ron/Hermione? If so I will bow out now
Guest chapter 6 . 5/28/2016
Interesting.
Innana chapter 3 . 5/1/2016
Oopsies - you spotted my deliberate mistake! I got confused as there was a prologue so ch 1 is ch 2 on here etc and when I updated ch 3 I placed it in the wrong ch. should be ok now. The missing one was pretty integral to the story so hope you like it.
AnimeHuntress chapter 5 . 4/30/2016
Interesting story so far and just a heads up chapter two and three are the same chapter.

Thanks for the story
cre8tvdeb chapter 4 . 4/26/2016
I loved it! Great chapter! Please update a.s.a.p.!
Curious, but not in a critical way, why wasn't James present with the others?
cre8tvdeb chapter 3 . 4/26/2016
I'm not usually fond of afterlife Lily encounters, but this one is working for me ;-)
cre8tvdeb chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
Excellent opening! I had to put off starting this until now, but my reward is getting to power thru to chapter 4 in one sitting ;-)