Reviews for Extraordinary Times
Torhelm chapter 1 . 5/14/2023
Another novel where the author doesn't describe what the MC looks like, dropped.
LongSongSilver chapter 25 . 5/7/2023
bro literally got a medical implant when all he needed was a pocket compact mirror.
Zero chapter 45 . 4/30/2023
This is the fifth time i read this.
I cant find another X men story in this site or any other that is so good as this one.

I love how you used the imperfects. You made me love Blindfolds character.
You can imagine how much i enjoy her relationship with Legion and how sad i felt when she commited suicide.

Please continue.
Guest chapter 45 . 4/22/2023
This story is by far the greatest X-men centric fan-fic I’ve come across. Definitely up there with “Pound The Table”, (an equally great X-Men Fic BTW!) .

Just gotta say that; Bell is definitely on my top 5 best Oc’s ever- Honestly it’s almost criminal how he isn’t actually a canon character, he would definitely fit right into the Marvel universe for sure! Maybe that’ll get me into reading comics again LOL!

But I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading this Fic. The dialogue isn’t awkward or unnatural at all, it all feels very organic & real. The relationships are a huge plus too, the way you wrote out the interactions & how the team grew together is very well done.
Albeit, I did have my concerns at the beginning of the fic… that I went down the drain soon after to be true to myself, Bell is just a fucking great character-

Honestly, this actually feels like a legitimate story, definitely a comic/book I would pick up . All in all, 10/10 Fic, This is definitely the King of X-Men Fan-Fics .
dswiller80 chapter 45 . 4/10/2023
is there a purpose to these stupid omake's?
Spirited Honoka chapter 45 . 4/6/2023
This has been a thrilling tale so far. I'm absolutely loving Bellamy Marcher. He grows from a simple guy with a good family to a capable leader, all without becoming a Gary-stu. He makes mistakes, gets called out on them and tries to improve. The story doesn't feel like it's over glorifying and accommodating him as though the universe is bending to his will. He avoids the cliche of having a overly dramatic sad backstory.

I've enjoyed all the relationships he's formed between the respective characters. He's adorable bromance with Eddie, his sibling rivalry with Hisako, being Ruth's protective older brother, dating Pixie and breaking up with Pixie over well-written, tasteful high school drama and his relationship with Laura. He feels like an actual character that could exist in the Marvel world and that's really impressive. I love the "tough love" relationship he shares with Wolverine where he explains he can cut loose and "rough up" Bellamy a bit without fear of ending up in Miss Frost's office for a long talk about hurting the students.

It's just so Wolverine.

Looking forward to more, Kenchi.
Noneofit chapter 45 . 3/22/2023
PM me your novel's title when you publish it.
Noneofit chapter 44 . 3/22/2023
Hah! I also read his dialogue in Ryan Reynolds voice.

As for Wolverine his voice is Scott McNeil's from X-Men Evolution, bub.

And now I have reached the final chapter... It has been a lot of fun. Wish it was few times longer though.
Noneofit chapter 36 . 3/22/2023
Your AN: "Thank goodness the winter holiday slog is over. I am not a holiday kind of guy. Happy New Year, for those who care about that kind of thing, I hope your 2020 is better than your previous years."

It was the worst year of my life but I appreciate the thought.

That said, please do me a favor and never say the phrase "I hope your (current year) is better than ALL previous years".
Noneofit chapter 35 . 3/22/2023
This was an especially good chapter. Expanding on that scene in the comic between Julian and Noriko as an opportunity for meaningful character development is a great example of one of the qualities that puts your work above the (vast) majority on this site. It takes a sort of passive creativity and insight as a reader and writer that I cannot help but respect. Well done.
Noneofit chapter 34 . 3/22/2023
In the end, who among us is not "Just like a Pokemon"?
Noneofit chapter 31 . 3/22/2023
Your AN: "This whole first-person perspective of things makes it harder to Trojan horse plot points into the story without being heavy- handed about it - in case people miss it, then when something comes back to roost later in the story, it confuses them. I just wonder how things are coming off from a reader's perspective."

The self-hating mutant kid is going to blow himself up and the psychic sludge is fucking with Pixie.

Your AN: "Despite the fact that this is run as a dictatorship, I am a tyrant who is willing to listen to the opinions of those populating Kenchi-land.
...Also, I'm going to have to think of a better name for my hypothetical country, because that one did not seem good to me."

Hah! I'm assuming from your writing and the vibes it gives me that we have a bit in common personality wise so it's nice to see something I am superior to you in!

That being that I thought of a fantastic name for my hypothetical country (which also includes my name in it) over a decade ago! I'll have you know it practically rolls off the tongue while expressing my grand ideals.

I'd suggest the simple 'Kenichia' or maybe 'Kenichijima' (Kenichi Island) if you want to keep the Japanese thing going.
Noneofit chapter 30 . 3/22/2023
Your AN said: "How old is too old to be getting one's body torn up before it decides it isn't going to take it anymore?"

I did martial arts my whole life until I graduated college. In that time I collected a few blackbelts and a few injuries that still affect me almost a decade later.

There are some things your body just doesn't recover from completely. Dislocations, torn muscles, tendons, ligaments... You heal but it's just that much easier to get injured next time.

That said, if someone picked a fight with me I'd still put my chances of coming out on top far above the average rando even if my shoulder barely tolerates its socket and my neck would be stiff for a week if I turned my head to fast.
Noneofit chapter 26 . 3/21/2023
I'm assuming this is his son.
Gamermisogi chapter 45 . 3/18/2023
Quick question, will less than zero be a stand alone story or will there be sequels?
3,516 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »