Reviews for Stay Behind
mikemagnus7 chapter 1 . 11/4/2019
Yes. This is a vast improvement over the stupidity of the movie. Although, to be honest, I wished there was a fic where he allows her to go with him. I wonder how that would gone...?
Anon chapter 1 . 1/4/2019
This scene bothered me too. This was very validating to read lol
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2017
Aw add more
Transformers 0 chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
Nice change, as you and some others may view it.
And I respect you stance on it.

But I just think what happened in the movie offers more depth.
Mumble is willing to throw Gloria away for her safety.
But it's not until he and his friends reach the cliff that he decides that no one else should have to risk their lives unnecessarily for him.

It's quite complex when you think about it. Mumble does not wish to put his mother or his lover in danger, so he makes them stay behind.
However, he lets his friends tag along, despite increasing dangers.
But when it's made clear to him that the journey to find what's happening to the fish is a sacrificial journey, he leaves his friends to make the voyage alone. To save them all.

When he realizes that those who go will most likely not return, he himself chooses to go alone and jump off that cliff. That jump was his hero moment. (And originally he was to lose his baby feathers in that scene to make it even more epic.)

But hey, that's just my two cents on why I like the movie version better.
He's willing to throw away Gloria - a penguin dear to his heart - to keep her safe.
But his greatest sacrifice has YET to come for him.
Calvin chapter 1 . 4/13/2016
Man, so heartwarming and comforting, makes me wanna wish this was in the movie already.
Calvin chapter 1 . 4/9/2016
I wish this was in the movie.
icebearforpresident chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
Very good story, and I agree that it would've been a batter change for that scene.
Fox Teen chapter 1 . 4/2/2016
I like this. I always pictured Mumble explaining why he insulted her when he returns home but I like this better. Very well thought out.