Reviews for Marked
cjm6832 chapter 38 . 4/5/2021
I don’t want this story to be over! You write these characters very well and I am so glad to have found your work!
Guest chapter 38 . 3/29/2021
i can't even describe how good this book is
Guest chapter 35 . 3/26/2021
I do love a properly manipulative Dumbledore that isn't a gibbering idiot like in most stories. Great fanfic!
Becca chapter 37 . 3/15/2021
I'm speechless. You are a genius.
Becca chapter 36 . 3/15/2021
This story is just so incredible and captivating, I'm not sure there are words to describe how i feel. The phrase of sequels can never be better is obviously untrue. I didn't think a story could be better than the one before Marked, (sorry the name escapes me at the moment, online school brain) but this is just so fantastic. I loved especially how you wrote this one, summarizing plot we have read before and yet touching over everything. I was having a rough week, but this book has made it so much better. Thank you for being so personal with your fans, and thank you so much for sticking with us. This is truly fantastic and should be published or made into a movie or a Netflix show... I don't even know. This is so amazing.
THGHPTVD.2 chapter 37 . 3/6/2021
To Whom It May Concern:
This whole review is a reflection of my experience reading 'Clean' and 'Marked' so far. SPOLIERS ARE IMINENT FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT READ UP TO CHAPTER 38 OF 'Marked'.
I apologise for the caps lock, but felt it necessary.
~V

To begin:
I think your story is amazing. At the beginning of 'Clean', you said that it was your first fanfic. I am astonished and delighted by this. I am eternally thankful that our fandoms and communities are continuously blessed with talent like yours. You write with elegance and sophistication, and it took a mere chapter to get me hooked. This work is perfectly paced, and I think you split your tale at the perfect point to continue to the sequel. It was a very enjoyable reading experience.

To follow:
1) Hermione was written beautifully. I love stories that don't hide her many, and by no means all positive, aspects, *cough cough* like the movies did *cough cough*. Everyone has flaws and seeing that displayed makes the character more relatable. I love that Hermione is fierce, independent and utterly ruthless. She is willing to do what is necessary in any circumstances, even if she is under incredible pressure. This is evident from both the events on top of the Astronomy Tower resulting in Dumbledore's death, and the aforementioned events at the Manor.
It killed me to see Hermione after Draco's death, and the subsequent massacre at Malfoy Manor, but I felt that ultimately, it led the story in a direction it needed to go. I feel that her full vengeance and wrath would have been apocalyptic, yet awe-inspiring to watch, but I feel that the unexpected turn the story took was very fitting, in the end.

2) Draco was also written quite well, not perfectly in character but then again in all reality Draco Malfoy can be a bit of a prat when not written OOC. I like this version of Draco because it's not canon-him. I think his character could have been more than just about Hermione. I love the girl, what she stands for, and Dramione as a couple, but for a large part of the story it's enforced that Draco wouldn't be on the 'Light' side if it were not for her. Perhaps it might be more beneficial to say that he may not have been granted the same opportunity or something of the like, but that he was still obscenely grateful?

3) Dumbledore being manipulative, but us not knowing the extent until the very last stages of the story was brilliant.

4) Narcissa Malfoy is a queen.

5) I liked how the story got darker the further it went, like the books themselves.

6) Theo and Hermione's sibling relationship after Draco's death - brilliant and wonderful (exactly what was needed) but could have been expanded on. I love in the epilogue "there were certainly a number of very strange things about Granger. Though, mostly, it was how quickly she felt like family."

7) I quite like Death. He's very like 'Oh Gawd, not you guys again!"

8) Going all the way back to 'Clean', Ron/Hermione. They were sweet. Childhood crushes (kinda) for a while, and it withered away, like things tend to do. I think it was good that Hermione had something to compare her feelings to as the story went on.

9) Dudley, Dobby and Kreacher. I love how these unlikely characters found their way into this story. The kind of closure this provides is what I would have hoped of the cut-scene from the movies with Dudley telling Harry that "[he doesn't] think [Harry's] a waste of space", or the eulogy Luna read at Dobby's funeral.

10) Theo Nott as a whole is a mood. His relationship with Severus is hilarious, and I adore the mostly one-sided banter. I dearly hope he is happy with Daphne in this alternative timeline.

11) Hermione and Draco "saving [each others] soul". This was so precious and I felt that it added another layer to their relationship. Hermione didn't want the boy she loved to sacrifice his innocence - his conscience - and so gave a dying man the easy way out. Draco wanted to protect Hermione from what he knew would plague her forever; hurting her family. Even if it were for their own safety, and he and initially against the idea, Draco did not let Hermione take on this heavy burden alone.
"I love you, Harry ... I'd die for you, I would ... But I'd kill for him."
"Even with the purest motives, if Malfoy kills you, it will destroy him ... if I do it out of love, my conscience is clear."
"I won't let you forget"
"... after seeing the hollow look in his witch's eye, he resolved to take care of things his way ..."
These are just a few example of that.

12) Theo and Draco's relationship. It's just adorable. I love the way King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table played into their childhood.

13) "I intend for it to be on my terms". Hermione started the War on her terms, and ended it on them as well. It may have not been ideal - not by a long-shot - but ultimately our heroine did succeed in defeating the Dark Lord.

14) Narcissa and Hermione's common love for Draco.

15) Harry and Draco's nocturnal wanderings and rambling in 'Marked' had turned into "late night chats in the kitchen"

16) Narcissa and Theo's relationship. She viewed him as a son. It was so precious.

17) How everybody's words from the timeline we witnessed were echoed in the epilogue.

To end:
[encouragement and thanks. Apologies for the long review. Well-wishes.]
I think you're a fabulous author, and I can't wait to read more of your work. I apologise for the long review, and I recognise that it is a bit disjointed and stunted in places. Originally, each of my points had a little line about what I wanted to comment on, or what I liked, but I left it for too long and forgot my train of thought. Sorry.
I wish you the absolute best of luck in writing and in life. Thank you for sharing your incredible story. All the best,
~V
Mishi Nagano chapter 5 . 2/23/2021
i know this chapters been posted long time ago but i jist cant help it. how can Hermione still forgive him for the lavender bit? like its not mentioned in their talk at all. I had a similar instance happen in my life and when the guy quickly jumped to another chick I spent rhe next 3 weeks kicking him in the balls every time I saw him. and since we had 2 classes together it was alot
Vrryan chapter 25 . 2/20/2021
This prophecy is amazing. I have never read dark Hermione but this prophecy makes me want to! I know it's Dramione... but I kinda want to see what happens if Draco dies. Powerful Hermione would be incredible! If it doesn't end this way (which i assume it doesn't) you should write an alternate ending because it think that would be so fun
matchatea7 chapter 37 . 2/19/2021
oh dear, i love this fic
Alina Nyx chapter 38 . 2/14/2021
This. This series is everything. I'm not a big dramione fan but this, this story is poetic, the plot is original and the emotion, well it's fair to say that I've outright sobbed at atleast one point of the story. Respecting the author's wish, I don't want to spoil it, but this is worth a read. Even if you're not a dramione fan you'll enjoy this.
wrdvmt chapter 37 . 2/4/2021
Amazing story! I can’t fathom how you’ve had the idea to play out this story the way you did, but I’m immensely grateful for it. Love this!
wrdvmt chapter 34 . 2/3/2021
Whoa that twist!
wrdvmt chapter 34 . 2/3/2021
My heart’s breaking for hermione and draco
wrdvmt chapter 32 . 2/3/2021
At this point I probably love theo’s relationship with everyone he interacts with
wrdvmt chapter 20 . 2/3/2021