Reviews for Kementári
thyndolhen chapter 1 . 8/20
I love so much this history and I am certainly also that Thranduil's Crown isn't a simple one made it with simple stickes and leaves, it's have to be magical and with real meaning for himself to defend, protect and survive all the evil on his beloved forest... A masterpiece to me, beautiful :D
Brightpath2 chapter 1 . 7/8/2016
Nice. An interesting thought that Varda herself would bestow Thranduil's power on him.

Good one-shot!
Number Girl chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
Ohmigarsh! I nearly squealed as I read this, it made me so happy!
I swear I'm no foppish fangirl, or swooning sap, but I love how you portrayed Thranduil. I like very much how you wrote him as a hesitant king, near loathing the cold crown on his brow, the weight and responsibility of a broken and bruised people on his shoulders, and a home tainted by some dark. I have always loved this humble Thranduil, strong and broken by loss and life, but always rising twice as strong.
But then comes Kementári, gentle and soft in her playful way, lifting the battered spirit, and giving this worthy ellon Kingship o'er her wood.
Then there's the soft tree, whispering 'Sire?' Gentle and sweet, curious of this new liege who will protect the forest life.
And the end, with the two Elf lords, and that wonderful question unanswered, "How did you do it?"
Beautious job!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
Hi! First of al, I wanted to say that I like this story very much, just like most of your stories. But, and this has nothing to do with the story itself, I'm gonna be that girl. I think you meant Yavanna as Varda or Elentári is Queen of the Stars. :) No offence meant, just bugged me little.

Keep up the writing, can't wait for your next story!
earthdragon chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
Very good story. It's always enjoyable to read about the young King Thranduil.

I love your version of how Thranduil's unique crown was conceived. It is all the more magical because it will change with the seasons.

Re your footnote, the Lady of the Earth is actually Yavanna, wife of Lord Aule. Varda - also known as Elbereth, is Queen of the Stars, wife of Lord Manwe.
Junaeh chapter 1 . 4/6/2016
And another of your stories added to my favourite list. This is so beautiful. I always wondered how a king who according to Tolkien has such a great love for silver and gems has a crown with not a jewel on it. This is a wonderful take on this subject and as always beautifully written. Thank you very much for this story.

PS. Just a tiny little thing about your Authors notes. I might be wrong as I haven't read the Silmarilion in a while but wasn't Varda the lady of the stars and the other name of Kementari, the lady of the earth Yavanna? As I said I might be wrong.

No Matter, thank you so much for your amazing writing. xx
Tabbyprincess chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
This is beautiful. I love your descriptions of Kementári, and how you've portrayed young Thranduil. And this is such a cool idea of how he got his crown! Definitely my new headcanon. _
Illyryia chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
This is the first time I review one of your stories, I've read them all, love them but this one is my favorite by far, I enjoyed it really much, thank you for sharing it.
Btw isn't the Queen of Earth called Yavanna, not Varda? Just wondering lol
SmileyXs Ice-cream Sprinkles chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
OH Awesome :D Thank you so much Mellon-nin the Falcon:D I Love it
Ah So thats how :D YEP Here you go :D
I hope you have a great day with Ice cream and and sprinkles
Till next time :D
PawsPrints chapter 1 . 4/5/2016
Amazing story absolutely loved reading it!
LadyLindariel chapter 1 . 4/5/2016