Reviews for The Other Mr Bingley
Mariagoner chapter 5 . 10/18
A fascinating story and frankly, I'm quite in love with the other Mr. Bingley already!
Barki chapter 12 . 9/21
What a wonderful story! It is was very well written and I enjoyed it a lot.
LadyJaeza chapter 12 . 9/3
Thank you for a lovely story. I must admit I kept wondering if something would happen to turn it to a Darcy/Elizabeth pairing but was quite satisfied that it never did. It definitely kept my attention and I was pleased to see our dear Lizzy with a man who appreciated her properly from the start and protected her and her family in the way that both Darcy and Mr. Bennet should have. While I am fond of many of the depictions of Darcy I have also often felt that even Miss Austen never fully developed him as a positive character from a romantic standpoint. It is is nice to see a romantic interest that is strong and positive without being overbearing. I continue to enjoy reading and re-reading your other stories and I know I will come back to re-read this one as well. It is much appreciated.
Kartos chapter 2 . 8/30
As much as I like this, James is a far bit too convient a plot device for several awkward conversations. It kills the believability a fair bit.
guest chapter 11 . 5/21
I appreciate the fact that you took on a story option which few would dare and that you did it so well. James was a good man and an excellently developed character. The final scene was poignant for one party, while only interesting information for the other. The other Bingley earned the love, respect, and unswerving devotion that Lizzy gave to him.
babythor chapter 12 . 3/18
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this story. Generally, I am a hard-core Lizzy/Darcy fan, and occasionally will indulge in Col. Fitzwilliam/Lizzy. That being said, I can never resist a devil's advocate, and Captain Bingley was a good one.
WadeH chapter 1 . 3/5
Well done. What happens if you get a Bingley with some actual cajones. I loved this story.
bellachaos chapter 12 . 2/25
I really enjoyed this fic. I found it well written and thoughtfully plotted. I spent a good part of the story fearful that some contrivance would appear to break up Elizabeth and Captain Bingley because E&D are held rather sacred by most in this fandom. Like your other reviewer, I had concerns that he would turn out to be involved in the slave trade and had to do some light Googling before I could continue with the chapter. I must say I enjoyed your take on these well loved characters and your additions as well. Nicely done!
vickety chapter 11 . 1/22
I just read this again. I love the idea that another reasonable gentleman would find Elizabeth worthy of pursuit without having to have a soul-searching confrontation with her and then a personality shift of epic proportions.
Thank you so much for your excellent work!
Lord Mortensen chapter 12 . 12/31/2016
great fic! I love it! thanks for writing!
Lyra the Heretic chapter 12 . 12/3/2016
Kudos! I enjoyed this greatly, which is no small thing considering my usual intractability on the subject of pairings. xD
Thank you for sharing. It was fun and sweet.
k chapter 12 . 11/28/2016
I enjoy all your Pride and Prejudice stories. Your writing is well done and is thoughtful. Thanks for sharing your stories here.
Ladybug Reads chapter 12 . 11/22/2016
Great story. I loved James. You did a good job of fleshing him out and giving him his own personality.
ladyofthedragons1 chapter 12 . 10/23/2016
I am normally not a fan of non-Darcy/Elizabeth pairings but you did this so well I found I could not help but become a fan. Wonderful story.
The Reader chapter 12 . 10/14/2016
Want to let you know that I read your story on dwiggie and I really enjoyed it. Thank you