Reviews for The Importance of Crayons
THOAS chapter 11 . 11/13/2019
Ok, I'll be frank. This fic hasn't updated in almost three years and I'm STILL obsessed with it. I'm out of my Ghost Hunt phase, and I still come back occasionally to check on this fic. I'm aware that you have probably discontinued it, most likely permanently, but I just want you to know that it left an impact on me. The uniqueness of the story and the absolutely wonderful characterization you have had with Naru, and Mai especially, pulls me in more than any other work in this fandom. I never bothered making a ff account (I prefer Ao3) but I'm considering finally biting the bullet on the slim chance that you do ever pick this back up. From your Author's Notes it's apparent that you love, or loved considering the time gap, this story and had a bright future planned out for the characters and I hope that you do eventually rediscover that love. In the meantime, I hope that you have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays this coming season. Xx
KSchweitz chapter 11 . 4/24/2019
Oh my gosh this is an amazing concept
assy. yla chapter 11 . 12/2/2018
thank you for updating. i love this story and you did a good job in making me hate ona.
CityofJade chapter 11 . 8/12/2018
11 chapters in and the whirlwind of emotion has not stopped, but rather gone through several loop-de-loops! Humor to anger to anticipation to fear, I have found myself thoroughly sucked into this story and I greatly look forward to reading more, should you continue. I usually hate the whole "SPR disbanded! Oliver not seen in years!" Thing that so many Ghost Hunt fan fictions go through but this one was rather a pleasant change. The characters are still themselves, the plot is not a convenient excuse for idealized romance, and furthermore, it's well written. Whether or not this story finds and end, you can be assured that it has already found a place among my favorites
katiealice15 chapter 11 . 6/4/2018
plz update!
tokyobambi chapter 11 . 5/13/2018
THIS FANFIC IS ENTHRALLING! The hairs on my arm were raised from the first chapter and although I was supposed to sleep early to wake up for work at 5 I just kept reading haha I hope you find your inspiration soon to continue writing~ if there’s anything you could wish for we the fans to do to help motivate you even more please give us a shout
loveanimeudou chapter 11 . 3/27/2018
I hope u update chapters
Guest chapter 2 . 10/3/2017
You made mai ugly and stupid.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/18/2017
U so have to update its so good
L.P. Geon chapter 11 . 8/22/2017
Going to be completely honest here. I tried giving your story a chance, as I'm always iffy about OCs. Some fics do them masterfully and I was hoping to enjoy what you have to offer with this one, and it helps that you have great skill in storytelling and writing.

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy Kennedy's character and since a majority of your chapters had a lot of her, it really hindered my enjoyment of your story as a whole. Which is sad, because I thought the premise of your story was very interesting. Although you said in your author's comments that we don't have to like her and you won't ask us to, the flow of your narrative and the way her character is brought on made it FEEL like we HAD to like her. In simpler terms, it felt like she was being shoved down my throat, that I was being forced to accept her. Her character's presence was too large when it didn't have to be, and it drowned out any other enjoyment I could derive from the rest of your narrative. Simply put, she was not integrated masterfully into a beloved universe as I'd hoped and instead of acceptance, I've come to find her presence to be an absolute waste of my time and consideration. I don't want to sound police-y, but if you are going to make an OC prominent in your story in this way, please at least tag it as a character (alongside Naru, Mai, and Yasu), especially if they are going to have a significant enough role that we are made to read more than enough backstory to justify their existence.

I'm sure this comment will be brushed aside as 'hate' but I picked up this fanfic to read about your interesting plot and not about this other character with whom I am forcibly made to sympathize and accept. I don't quite like being force-fed like that, and it felt a little insulting (although that's probably just me being irritable at 4am). The upcoming 'drama' that's obviously going to ensue is not something I look forward to, and I'm sad to say that I will have to drop your fic in the meantime.

Quite disappointed in the turn of events, and although my review might seem scathing or hateful of your story, I assure you that it's not what I intend in writing this. I do commend you in your choice of themes, characterization (of canon characters), plotline, narrative flow, and grammar-but Kennedy just ruined too much of it for me. Not sure if she's there to up the drama or conflict or whatever else, but I think she could've been handled better. She just seemed to be there for cheap drama and seemed ultimately unnecessary, although I may be passing judgement too early since the story is on-going and I have no idea where you're going with this-and, as it stands, I probably never will. I would write suggestions, but unfortunately it's already been written, I've already read it, and so I will choose to try to regain my lost time elsewhere.

I hope you don't find my review too disdainful. I wish I enjoyed your fic as a whole, I really did. I was very interested in the premise and stuck around longer than I should've despite my mounting discomfort, but sadly it was not meant to be. I normally wouldn't even write a review if I read a story I didn't like... but my disappointment was so great and I was torn between liking it and not liking it that I felt it would be a disservice if I didn't give an honest review on a story that obviously had a lot of work put into it and a whole world of potential. I hope that next time an OC would be better handled and not force-fed unto readers. They are a joy to write, I know, but a pain to write in a way that people can accept.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing your story. I may not have enjoyed it, but I'm sure others will/have. Good luck in everything and I hope you have a great day! I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
loveghosthunt chapter 11 . 7/26/2017
update ship maixnaru plzzzzzzzzzzzz
LoveghostHunt chapter 11 . 7/17/2017
Please update plz love it
MikazukiNika chapter 11 . 7/7/2017
Adorable. Absolutely adorable. When you made the reveal that Mai was pregnant at the start of the story, I was so shook! But then you went on to throw ANOTHER curveball and make Hisashi Gene's reincarnation! I feel like I was slapped in the face. Twice.

Ona is a good person, but she's in the way of my OTP, which is why I will enjoy myself a lot (no I won't, I'll feel bad for her) when she is finally dumped. I mean it's obvious something is still there on both sides. She nearly had an anxiety attack contacting him for help, he nearly choked and died upon seeing her... Ona, dearie, I'm so sorry, you were so cute and fun and you actually remind me of Mai a little with your hot-headness and tendency to let your emotions control you, but you must go.

I love Hisashi, hate his dad. I feel like so much drama would go down if he were somehow brought back into the story and it would not be good *shivers*

I love the way the irregulars showed so much support for Mai during her pregnancy and after (except for that petty Masako *rolls eyes*) 3

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter! The writing style is so real and neat, and you have a great grasp on the characters. I love it!

Good luck updating!

~Crescent T.
EverlastingRyo chapter 1 . 7/2/2017
urk! I gave your story a chance. Believe me I did but because NaruxMai is my OTP I just can't accept a presence/character like her she irks me to no end! I know I shouldn't be close minded but well... I can't help it, I like reading my years after GH ff with the other significant parties out of the picture. You know Mary is already emotionally constipated and then add another factor to make more things difficult? No thanks! On another note it's a good story (barring Ona )
XxRiotGamerxX chapter 11 . 5/31/2017