Reviews for The Cat and the King
NoirValor chapter 10 . 5/15/2016
I would have liked to see a little more falling action and some more resolution with the characters, It seemed like the climax happened, and then not much happened in this chapter. Still, good first attempt at tying off the end of a story.
NoirValor chapter 9 . 4/24/2016
So I read through this whole chapter, and then I realized that I knew exactly who was saying what, when they said it. Much better. Glad to see you've improved. Also loved the exchange between Spider-Man and the various bad guys. He had just the right level of sarcasm and snark. Sad to hear the next chapter is the last one, but I hope you revisit these characters.
Cheesehead2000 chapter 9 . 4/23/2016
I'm excited to see Felicia's reaction to Spider-Man being there! As always this was a pretty good chapter and I look forward to the Finale! :)
Bajor10 chapter 8 . 4/18/2016
Really hope Peter and FeliCa end up together
Cheesehead2000 chapter 8 . 4/12/2016
I'm happy to see that felicia isn't letting Kletus get to her mentally or physicall which just shows how strong of a woman she is. You are progressing really well so far and I can't for the next update! Let's Go Felicia :)
Cheesehead2000 chapter 7 . 4/11/2016
I'm happy to see that Felicia is channeling her anger into Exacting her revenge and not breaking down and crying. I also think that doing things herself and not asking for help is a great show of character for felicia!
NoirValor chapter 8 . 4/12/2016
You did a better job at keeping the dialogue separated between characters. Well done. Keep up the progress. It was easier to read, but I still needed to reread a few lines to make, and it was in the scene with Felicia and the two guards, everything else was fine. The next chapter may be a good time to practice describing dynamic movement within an environment (an action scene if you will) if you want to try that.
Cheesehead2000 chapter 6 . 4/10/2016
This Is a pretty good story do far. I'm happy that your stories are going to extremely dark and gritty. The chapters could be longer but they are a good length for now. I know that this story is probably nowhere near finished but I would just like to make a suggestion for a story in the future. How about if Aunt may dies from an illness or Mary Jane gets married or has a boyfriend and with Gwen already dead Peter will have nobody
Left in his life except for The Black Cat and when she makes him realise this he decides to change the colour of his suit to black and live a life of crime and violence with Felicia at his side! I think this could be a really good idea for a story and I hope you consider writing it in the future! But other than that I'm looking forward to the next update! :)
NoirValor chapter 7 . 4/11/2016
Much better with describing Felicia's dialogue, but you had a small kerfuffle. Once again, you exclusively used 'He' whenever Kasady was speaking. Not a big deal, just remember, the moment that you start having more than one character of the same gender, then it will be a nightmare for the reader. I love the idea of using Kasady as a villain before he became Carnage though. That was a stroke of brilliance. I would try running with that for as long as reasonably possible.
Cheesehead2000 chapter 5 . 4/9/2016
As an add on to my last review I would just like to say that, I really like your Sexy Black Cat Pic for this story, although that might just be my Hormonal teenage brain talking. Either I hope you enjoy writing this story as much as I enjoy reading it! ;)
Cheesehead2000 chapter 5 . 4/9/2016
I think this story is actually pretty good considering it's your first one. I recently read your Bio on your profile and you said your stories will be very Dark and in my opinion, the darker the story is The better it is. The reason I say that is because most superhero stories are too light and unrealistic for the power they have and the places they live in. One suggestion I would like to make is after The Black cat gets her punishment, Spider-Man returns and witnesses it and decides to get his revenge on Fisk with The Black Cat's help, and after they get their revenge Spider-Man decides to change himself and decides to wear the black suit and accompany The black Cat on her heists and a life of crime and violence? You could use is as an idea for another story or use it in this sorry but I just think that because your stories wil be very dark, then that would be the perfect story to embrace your Dark side. As walls this was a great chapter and I can't wait for the next Chapter. Please respnd! :)
Guest chapter 5 . 4/8/2016
Great story. Try to lengthen your chapters a bit more, since they feel really short right now. Hope we get to the sexual content soon, and I hope it's good ;-)
NoirValor chapter 6 . 4/10/2016
Well this is darker than I originally though it would be. What I like about your writing style is that you provide just enough narrative to get an understanding of the environment, but allow the reader to fill in any blanks. My main critiques are that you don't use the proper pronouns enough to say who is doing what. For instance, the male in this chapter is Carnage, but you would have no way of knowing that unless you read the last chapter. The She is Black Cat, but that is only stated once at the start. I would also like longer chapters, but the smaller chapters do bring focus to the scene at hand.