Reviews for Falling on deaf ears
LuckyLuca chapter 10 . 8/13
Great story. Everyone feels real. Like there reactions. I like the pacing of the story. Also it's not an eye shore.
kirsty21 chapter 10 . 4/24
cool
Verity Grahams chapter 6 . 4/23
First and foremost I want to tell you that I think your plot is a good one, the whole premise is far more original than any 'Dursely's abuse Harry fics' I have read. I think you should be very proud of that.

Snape a rare member of staff that can speak sign language makes things a little more realistic, he is forced to see Harry a different way than he would have before. He is a little OOC but I am sure you can write something into his past to explain his overlooking Harry being James' son, his care and the extra attention he gives Harry after seeing his predicament after all Snape initially hates Harry, and we don't see that here, why did that not come through? That's not a criticism, it's a question I am asking of you AU? Answering this question will give your fiction more depth and believability.

I really think you should continue, and what I have to say next is constructive criticism, I don't want you to take it as a flame. I found it hard to read your story despite all the above praise I have given, if the following things were rectified, you could have a very strong and well-loved fiction here!

There are a fair few mistakes, for example when Snape tells Harry that;

'no one in the castle would intently (intentionally) harm him.'

You have the spelling error I have pointed out, and that sentence isn't complete the first time, but you repeat the sentence and complete it the second time. Then Snape gives Harry a potion for 'dream without sleep' Which I presume you meant to be 'dreamless sleep potion' Sleep without dreams.

Another thing you might look at is separating your text with the page break function, it's unclear when you're actually in a new place or situation, such as when Harry and Minerva go from her office to the common room talking to Hermione and Ron. This tool makes it so much easier for the reader, it doesn't show up until after you have initially saved your writing, so once you have done that, go back in and add some page breaks, the symbol is simply a horizontal line.

There was more, but I don't want to flame you, I just think if you have another read over your chapters you may find that some mistakes will become more evident, or you can use a service like 'Grammarly' I use their free service to check all my writing when I import it to , it won't catch everything, but it will certainly make things much easier for you, and as you go through the mistakes it points out, you may find some of the others, this is usually wording or spell check using the wrong world. I have no problems admitting that I had the word 'Cloak' replaced with 'Clock' many times in an entire chapter!

Another option is a beta reader or maybe an additional option, I have started to do both, as I realise I often miss the kind of mistakes spelling and grammar services miss, mainly cause as Authors, we can read things as we intended them to be written, missing a multitude of mistakes!

If you need help, by all means PM me, I hope I haven't unduly offended you. Keep writing.
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 10 . 4/22
Dimpledick needs to die; the sooner the better (I CHEERED when the manipulative old b**turd got offed, in canon...and he STILL didn't shut up!)! Severus is going to have to nail the slippery SOB down and he may need some high powered friends to help: Bumblingbore is too invested in his own plans to give a shit about Harry's welfare and too caught up in his own hype and belief in his own 'infallibility' to listen to anything or anyone, especially if their opinion deviates on jot from his own! There is a term for this type of person: Sociopath. The most disturbing aspect of canon was that I recognized his deviant behavior from our first introduction to him; my alarm growing with every scene Rowling gave the character, yet she had the audacity to hold this same character up as a shining 'martyred hero'! What the hell?!

Thank you for coming back to this! I can tell that you struggle with your writing, but the story is good and worth telling!
Has anyone suggested that you might try using a 'Speech Recognition' program? There are some free ones out there as well as some excellent FREE Word Processing programs and many can be found at Portableapps dot com. Many have spelling and grammar help and powerthesaurus dot com is always available on the web!
You see, I'm selfish; I'll do anything to help so you'll keep coming back to us!
Take care! ;D
MelJ
OnceInMyDreams chapter 10 . 4/22
This is such a great story. Thank you for putting in all the time and effort to share it with us.
Ikia chapter 10 . 4/22
keep going...I hope Malfoy ends up good somehow or one of the other dragons Theo, Blaise or Pansy recognize Harry's nervousness and try to befriend him

great job so far
atymer chapter 10 . 4/21
well obviously Dumpy is being a complete jerk and will shuffle harry off to the monster again without hesitation. *Ick!*
Don't know what Sev can do, or will do, but harry needs help and Dumpy is not going to give it. Especially if Voldy is in the school again, duh! I hope they both wind up with their heads on fire for further harming this wee lad.
avidreader-everafter chapter 10 . 4/21
This story is very cool, I honestly haven't seen anything like it on any fanfiction website. Thanks for writing and best of luck . Everafter
atymer chapter 6 . 4/21
Parts of this chapter seem to be disconnected. Perhaps a review and repost would be a good idea?
It appears that Harry's first night and a following night or mixed together.
Hope06 chapter 10 . 4/21
I adore sprout good idea
And Flitwick also seems to really support harry
The Wandmaker chapter 10 . 4/21
Dumbledore should die!
No-One97 chapter 10 . 4/21
Saltysinnamonrol chapter 9 . 4/21
This is a great chapter! Good job!
starie78 chapter 9 . 4/21
I hope Severus is able to get permanent guardianship of Harry or even adopt him.
McGonagall is *way* OC in this.