Reviews for A Brain Like Hers
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 2/17
A very in-character moment for Bella.
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 6/27/2016
I loved the quote you used in the summary...it seemed really fitting. Anyway, this was a fascinating piece. I do believe that Bellatrix and her sisters were all incredibly intelligent...they all just happened to use their brains to serve different purposes (Bellatrix, for evil; Andromeda, for love; and Narcissa, to save her family's butts hahahah). I loved your characterizations here, too! I always find it a little bizarre when people characterize teenaged Bellatrix as a blatant sociopath...I mean, she was definitely evil before she was arrested, but it was Azkaban that really sent her flying into the loony bin. I always imagine young Bellatrix as regal, haughty, and cruel...your typical Black family progeny. Anyway, incredible writing!
Eva chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
I've always had a soft spot for Bellatrix, it's not often that she's written about in a human way.
Sadistic Hufflepuff chapter 1 . 4/28/2016
Hello, lovely story! Congradulations on being a judge's pick! I really love how she is so disregarding of all authority but you also showed her in a more relaxed setting joking around. You've definitely taken, in my opinion, a rather flat character and rounded her out!
Teddie Jean chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
Love it! I'm such a sucker for Bellatrix fics, especially ones about her younger years. Congrats on the Judge's pick!

Teddie Jean
(Bats Keeper)
Prisoner of Azkaban711 chapter 1 . 4/22/2016
This is really good - Bellatrix is such an interesting character and I think you've portrayed her well here. I've really loved reading stories from this round because it's nice to see the Death Eaters before they joined Voldemort. I think you've written this group of friends really well - being all sarcastic with each other :P Great job and congrats on the Judges' pick :)
kitana415 chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
Evil little trolls... You almost made me like her, no bueno!
Dorvell chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
Love this; totally how I've always pictured Bellatrix being during her Hogwarts years!

Speaking of Bellatrix and, for that matter one of her sisters, have you considered trying your hand at a story of the Battle of Hogwarts in Bellatrix's POV or, maybe something a little more challenging, a story about Andromeda's struggles to differentiate herself from the rest of the pro-Voldy Blacks? Well, the rest except one other, of course. Just a couple ideas as, given how great your writing is, I can see you doing them justice should you choose to try your hand at that!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
Kind of scary seeing them as "just kids". Nice story.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
This reminds me of a Sherlock quote, about Moriarty being the spider at the center of a web, manipulating everyone else ... Bellatrix is like that. And poor McGonagall, of course those two were the bane of each other's existence. I especially liked Lucius here, both the idea that he was small/powerless and also the idea he was /taught/ to be a bully.
Queen Bookworm the First chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
Very well written!
hatty porrer chapter 1 . 4/12/2016
Congratulations on being captain of your team, you're writing definitely deserves it!

Loved seeing Lucius as a little kid, this is exactly how I'd imagine these characters interacting with one another too.

Looking forward to more of these one off stories :)